PDA

View Full Version : USB Pen Drive

bouncy
13-02-11, 12:54
Ok this might be a silly question but is there any other benefits to using a USB pen drive in my VU+ Duo?

Currently I have set up a swap file to 96mb which is the max I think and I have no idea what this does :D and store my EPG data on the drive too.

Is there anything else I should or can use it for?

Many Thanks

Alanp
13-02-11, 12:54
Good place to put your picons

Larry-G
13-02-11, 13:05
for one as alanp said, it's better to have such things as picons on the usb stick otherwise if there on a HDD it will wake and spin every time a channel is changed so that it can display the picon. as for the swap file, as i understand it, it's a way to free up valuable space on the receivers own internal flash memory. otherwise the box could become sluggish etc.

bouncy
13-02-11, 13:31
Thanks for that ! Speaking of picons I've downloaded them and they look well, I seen a screenshot somewhere that when u pressed the EPG button the picons would appear instead of the name of the channel on the left hand side. Any ideas how I do that

t.ph
13-02-11, 14:36
Press Menu whilst in EPG & change Items Per Page to 8

Stanman
13-02-11, 14:43
Press Menu whilst in EPG & change Items Per Page to 8

Need to set to 5 and enable picture in graphics as well.

bassethound
13-02-11, 14:45
and dont forget to restart box for the changes to take effect

t.ph
13-02-11, 14:49
Need to set to 5 and enable picture in graphics as well.
You can also use PIG but you will have to set that to 5. The choice is yours.

bouncy
13-02-11, 15:07
That worked a treat thanks. I don't know if this can be done but something I'd like. When I press the EPG button it takes me to the channels in that particular set of favourites i.e. Movies but what if I'm wanting to lookup what's on in another section i.e. Sports

t.ph
13-02-11, 15:13
Press CH + or - whilst in EPG & select where you want to look

bouncy
13-02-11, 15:21
:D it's easy when you know how :D thanks

bouncy
16-02-11, 23:25
Another question about this EPG? Let's say for example I find a program I might be interested in watching. How do I get information about it? I see IMDB search or something like that? Before on my dreambox all I did was press the I button to show info about the selected program. Is there something simple like this available rather than IMDB

judge
16-02-11, 23:27
Another question about this EPG? Let's say for example I find a program I might be interested in watching. How do I get information about it? I see IMDB search or something like that? Before on my dreambox all I did was press the I button to show info about the selected program. Is there something simple like this available rather than IMDB

press OK twice or long red.

pooface
17-02-11, 13:00
press OK twice or long red.

That's when watching a current a current channel. To get the info about a program from the ViXEPG, move over to the program, and press the EPG button again (I'm pretty sure that's the default setup)

bouncy
17-02-11, 18:43
Fantastic it worked !!! Thanks