PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma 9 S

widar
14-10-20, 08:44
Have problem flashing openvix-5.4.001.release-zgemmah9s_usb using image manager, comes with error, and reboot in latest version, help!

Andy_Hazza
14-10-20, 08:47
I had similar thing happen to my friend. I ended doing a usb flash for him.
You got enough storage space etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

widar
14-10-20, 09:02
Have 15 Gb free space on my usb HD, thank you for quick reply

twol
14-10-20, 09:55
Have problem flashing openvix-5.4.001.release-zgemmah9s_usb using image manager, comes with error, and reboot in latest version, help!

Have you previously copied the root to a SD card?? .... and also which ViX version were you actually using with ImageManager

adm
14-10-20, 12:01
For info only

I've just upgraded from 5.3.039 to 5.4.001 on a H9S using the menu -> setup -> vix -> image manager method over wi-fi
The box has a SD card (not used at present) and a 128G USB stick (100+G free)

The flash was successful.
The restore of settings complained that I didn’t have a network connection possibly due to wi-fi not being setup at the time of the message but afterwards the plug-ins seemed to have been downloaded.

The only problem that I see is the long standing SAMBA problem where it says it needs to be downloaded and after OK-ing this message then resets the box only to find that it is not installed and the message/reset is repeated……...
I know from previous experience that the way around this is to install SAMBA before a restore of settings which will mean I have to manually set up the wi-fi again.

ccs
14-10-20, 12:52
My procedure (different box) using wifi only is to use image manager to flash, restore settings (no plugins are restored as no wifi configured yet (it tells you this)), and after the automatic reboot I restore settings again using backupmanager. Wifi, Samba, and everything else is then running as expected.

If you need to download the wifi driver to get it running, life gets complicated, you need a (temporary) ethernet connection.

twol
14-10-20, 12:59
The reason for the image version question on post #4 is that ofgwrite had difficulties (since fixed) when both ubi and tar.bz2 rootfs were added to the usb.zip

adm
14-10-20, 13:02
My procedure (different box) using wifi only is to use image manager to flash, restore settings (no plugins are restored as no wifi configured yet (it tells you this)), and after the automatic reboot I restore settings again using backupmanager. Wifi, Samba, and everything else is then running as expected.

If you need to download the wifi driver to get it running, life gets complicated, you need a (temporary) ethernet connection.

Thanks - another settings/plug-in restore got SAMBA working again

BUT Check your Power Timers - they get duplicated if you do a double restore settings

widar
14-10-20, 13:03
Hi it was from 5.3.039 to 5.4.001, and I am not aware of any sd card, did a usb install the first time, and soft upgraded after that, I have a solo2 also, did the same thing on that, without any problem. I am not sure of if there is a sd card, or how to use that.
I can always try to usb flash, but I think it is easier to use imagemanager.

ccs
14-10-20, 13:09

BUT Check your Power Timers - they get duplicated if you do a double restore settings

Thanks, I thought settings restores used to give you the option to just restore plugins, maybe I'm making that up, but it would be handy. I know it doesn't now.

I don't use Power Timers, again, I thought that problem was being looked into?

widar
14-10-20, 13:13
The reason for the image version question on post #4 is that ofgwrite had difficulties (since fixed) when both ubi and tar.bz2 rootfs were added to the usb.zip

I was from 5.3.039, hopefully a usb flash will solve the problem, box works fine as it is, so I will try that when I got some sparetime, Thank you all.

ccs
05-11-20, 19:43

When you restore settings again from backup manager, you are first asked if you want to restore the backup, and then to restore settings.

If you answer no to settings, plugins are still restored. Tested on 5.4.002, but maybe it has always been that way.

(Double restore usually only needed when using a wifi connection.)