PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H9S Tuner failed

imzy82
13-10-20, 19:46
Hello All,

I bought a H9S for a family member and recently it's saying the tuner is failed and unable to scan anything.

Awaiting for the screenshot of the actual error message.

anyone know what it could be?

ronand
13-10-20, 19:48
Most likely "tune failed". The dish has probably moved

imzy82
13-10-20, 19:55
Most likely "tune failed". The dish has probably moved

Dish is not moved, was working perfectly a day ago.

abu baniaz
13-10-20, 20:57
What are they trying to tune into when the message comes up?

Which tuner in use?
Which satellite?
Which frequency?
Any other receivers connected to the LNB?

BrokenUnusableAccount
14-10-20, 01:01
I did have one of the tuners on my Zgemma H7S fail in the first week or two but I'm lead to believe it's fairly unusual (It was replaced FOC by World of Satellite).

Dish is not moved, was working perfectly a day ago.
You can't say that 100% for sure unless you can check it on another receiver.
If it's new note that not all installers fix dishes firmly enough. It might only take a pigeon to crash into it to move it a fraction of a degree which can be enough to stop it working or if it's mounted low down where people can bump into it.

imzy82
14-10-20, 09:20
What are they trying to tune into when the message comes up?

Which tuner in use?
Which satellite?
Which frequency?
Any other receivers connected to the LNB?

Only one tuner on the H9S, normal sly dish 28.2E Astra, no other receivers on the LNB.

I have to go and physically check this but awaiting for a picture of the error message.

It could be the dish or the box.

imzy82
14-10-20, 09:22
I did have one of the tuners on my Zgemma H7S fail in the first week or two but I'm lead to believe it's fairly unusual (It was replaced FOC by World of Satellite).

You can't say that 100% for sure unless you can check it on another receiver.
If it's new note that not all installers fix dishes firmly enough. It might only take a pigeon to crash into it to move it a fraction of a degree which can be enough to stop it working or if it's mounted low down where people can bump into it.

I will have to check this but someone here did mention to me before that the tuner intends to fail on the H9 models. So could be anything.

imzy82
14-10-20, 16:20

This is the error message.

ronand
14-10-20, 16:28
It doesn't say the tuner has failed. It says it can't receive a signal on 11778. It could be any number of things - you are going to have to start be checking the receiver on a known good installation and you can also bring a known working box to try out. That will narrow things down.

imzy82
14-10-20, 16:32
It doesn't say the tuner has failed. It says it can't receive a signal on 11778. It could be any number of things - you are going to have to start be checking the receiver on a known good installation and you can also bring a known working box to try out. That will narrow things down.

Yes, I will have to go and take a look at this. bloody nonsense.

abu baniaz
14-10-20, 16:58
What receiver did they have before this one? Was it a a Sky Q box?

When you go round, take your Enigma2 receiver so you can test it out. If your box works fine using the exact same cable, then there is an issue with their box. Also as a reminder, a manual & complete scan of 28.2 should find just over 890 channels.

imzy82
14-10-20, 20:57
What receiver did they have before this one? Was it a a Sky Q box?

When you go round, take your Enigma2 receiver so you can test it out. If your box works fine using the exact same cable, then there is an issue with their box. Also as a reminder, a manual & complete scan of 28.2 should find just over 890 channels.

They had the zgemma Star 2s, flippin slow box.

so I bought the H9S from WOS, I have spare H2H which I will go and test it out.