PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Best Epg??

leeno382
13-02-11, 11:01
Hi guys, had the Vu duo for months now, but the missus is moaning she wants the sly+ box back instead, she cant use the epg properly? anyone know of the best 7 day epg guide i can get and install?? cheers folks...

mmcmedia
13-02-11, 11:07
satmate for me personally 7 days updates everyday no problems thats my opinion

jfk
13-02-11, 11:56
satmate for me personally 7 days updates everyday no problems thats my opinion

thanks, where can i get satmate to dowload and how can i install in the box?

Sicilian
13-02-11, 13:43
What image are you currently using? VIX image have epg grabbers built in.

stanley1
13-02-11, 14:05
no satmate though.

Sicilian
13-02-11, 14:13
no satmate though.

Look in the RyVIX EPG grabber, top two options ;)

Stanman
13-02-11, 14:48
opentv using the crossepg - breeze if you are on vix image, otherwise satmate on blackhole.

OldSkulRide
13-02-11, 19:57
Is it normal that when using ryvix and satmate, it shows 0 events when importing?

Maybe i will also try crossepg now, i always used rytec epg importer.

Sicilian
13-02-11, 19:59
Is it normal that when using ryvix and satmate, it shows 0 events when importing?

Maybe i will also try crossepg now, i always used rytec epg importer.

Yes its normal.

OldSkulRide
13-02-11, 20:00
ok, thanks. I guess satmate is better than rytec UK package?

Sicilian
13-02-11, 20:01
ok, thanks. I guess satmate is better than rytec UK package?

Some say it is, personally I just use Rytec sources.

guff daddy
13-02-11, 20:33
In terms of trying to replicate the Sky+ experience, the combination of the VIX image with CrossEPG downloading the OpenTV EPG information and andyblacs modified autotimer plugin as a BETTER version of series link (i..e better than the SKY+ version because more configurable) just cannot be beaten. It is miles ahead of any other setup, including an original SKY+ box.

stanley1
13-02-11, 22:23
Look in the RyVIX EPG grabber, top two options ;)

ok, in ryvix but not in crossepg.

judge
13-02-11, 22:30
Just started using Satmate Sky UK in RyVIX tonight & love the extra detail it gives on programmes.

niteman1969
13-02-11, 23:18
In terms of trying to replicate the Sky+ experience, the combination of the VIX image with CrossEPG downloading the OpenTV EPG information and andyblacs modified autotimer plugin as a BETTER version of series link (i..e better than the SKY+ version because more configurable) just cannot be beaten. It is miles ahead of any other setup, including an original SKY+ box.

Agree with you totally , ryvix and satmate use the internet to download the epg, i definately love the speed that crossepg
downloads the OpenTV EPG info from the transponder, much much quicker.

stanley1
13-02-11, 23:24
Just started using Satmate Sky UK in RyVIX tonight & love the extra detail it gives on programmes.

I have to disagree, crossepg open tv is a lot quicker and more informative, uses transponder rather than internet.

judge
13-02-11, 23:44
I have to disagree, crossepg open tv is a lot quicker and more informative, uses transponder rather than internet.

Thanks, will try that again, too many options...
but from what I have tried so far, Satmate Sky UK seems to give more detail?

punisher
14-02-11, 00:00
CrossEPG is the one, it gives more detail for me, had a few issues from satmate but was only really testing it. prefer crossepg personally

judge
14-02-11, 00:50
CrossEPG is the one, it gives more detail for me, had a few issues from satmate but was only really testing it. prefer crossepg personally
which Cross EPG option are you using? RyVIX & Satmate Sky UK is giving me the best details so far.

Stanman
14-02-11, 19:30
OPENTV on Crpssepg

punisher
14-02-11, 21:34
OpenTV on Crossepg here too

invisiblekid
12-03-14, 23:34
Does the box have to be connected via wifi? For now mine will be hardwired to router, so hoping the app/s/VU+ work without a dongle etc.

Or would be just simpler to buy a dongle. I got AC router and AC computer and phone so should get decent quality.

Clabs
12-03-14, 23:44
Hard wired is always best buddy - no need for wireless.

PS - you were hijacking a VERY old post so have a look around for the correct section and don't feel scared to start your own topic!

stevejd2001
13-03-14, 10:03
Me personally would keep the duo and bin the missus :)

Rob van der Does
13-03-14, 10:20
Me personally would keep the duo and bin the missus :)
I take it that's your interpretation of a swap-file or a cache-flush :zoom::sofahide:

stevejd2001
13-03-14, 16:09
I take it that's your interpretation of a swap-file or a cache-flush :zoom::sofahide:
i just prefer them onedemand and like a box that will except extended ram:)