PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Receiver crashes when recording enabled and gets stuck in boot up loop

whatsat
05-10-20, 10:17
Hi,

Recently I've been experiencing random crashes that then put my solo2 into a boot loop between the openvix launch screen and a black screen. Only way to get it out of this loop is to turn it off/on with the rocker switch on the back.

It happens every time a new recording is manually performed and also from pre existing timers, I think it happens with crossEPG and auto bouquets manager too as these update early morning and sometimes the solo2 is in the boot up loop when I switch on the TV in the morning.

I have tried to find the crash log but cannot find it (I thought it was in /media/hdd/logs but logs dir isn’t there?)
Does anyone know where the logs are stored? Or what this issue might be? Is my hdd on its way out?

I know I’m on an older vix version, but it was solid until recently. I will update soon.

I also thought that my hdd might be full so I removed some recordings and it reports that its sitting at 47% now.

TIA

adm
05-10-20, 11:31
Hi,

Recently I've been experiencing random crashes that then put my solo2 into a boot loop between the openvix launch screen and a black screen. Only way to get it out of this loop is to turn it off/on with the rocker switch on the back.

It happens every time a new recording is manually performed and also from pre existing timers, I think it happens with crossEPG and auto bouquets manager too as these update early morning and sometimes the solo2 is in the boot up loop when I switch on the TV in the morning.

I have tried to find the crash log but cannot find it (I thought it was in /media/hdd/logs but logs dir isn’t there?)
Does anyone know where the logs are stored? Or what this issue might be? Is my hdd on its way out?

I know I’m on an older vix version, but it was solid until recently. I will update soon.

I also thought that my hdd might be full so I removed some recordings and it reports that its sitting at 47% now.

TIA

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> log manager -> Red button enables you to see crash logs or debug logs.

Have you turned the debug logs on
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug logs = yes

The location of the logs is also shown in the same menu (default /home/root/)

twol
05-10-20, 11:36
Change the default for logs to HDD, you do not want them in flash

whatsat
05-10-20, 11:51
thanks both, have enabled them now on HDD lets see what they bring...

adm
06-10-20, 11:05
Change the default for logs to HDD, you do not want them in flash

See post #14 in this thread
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63368-5-4-developer-builds-can-t-do-filesystem-check

Joe_90
06-10-20, 11:38
Yep, I mentioned it in the context of the disk being kept active if you're debug logging. Not an issue if you have timeshift active. I have found the default debug settings ok over the years - logs are limited to 7 days and won't take up more than about 10MB in flash if you keep the defaults.

twol
06-10-20, 14:15
In terms of fixing this guys issues (I think that's the objective?) then on HDD really is not that big an overhead - personally I usually stick on a usb drive but then I get the system to crash a lot.