PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Ultimo 4K - will it do what I want?

White Monk
04-10-20, 20:56
I wish to reduce the clutter under the TV by replacing three of my boxes with just one. Before spending around 500 GBP on a new box, I need to know if it will pass muster.

The three boxes are Technomate TM-7102, Technisat Digit ISIO S and Technisat Digit ISIO STC. The Technomate is quite long in the tooth with its phant0mpatch firmware, but it is a very flexible FTA receiver. The ISIO S's two CI+ slots is home to Fransat and Tivusat and CAM and card combos and the ISIO STC's card slot is home to a HD+ card.

The Vu+ Ultimo 4K has two CI slots and two card slots. Can these be configured for the two CAM and card combos and HD+ card with one of the firmwares available from your sponsor?

Sicilian
05-10-20, 06:59
The Tivusat card can be setup read using the receivers Card reader and OScam softcam. The CI+ cams maybe possible with OpenATV or VTi image, not 100% sure.

White Monk
05-10-20, 19:36
The Tivusat card can be setup read using the receivers Card reader and OScam softcam. The CI+ cams maybe possible with OpenATV or VTi image, not 100% sure.

One down, two to go!

White Monk
14-10-20, 08:23
Bit the bullet and bought the box (with the default image) from our sponsor, delivered safely by DPD. Now on steep learning curve. Transferred cables from my TM-7102 directly to the new box and used Freeview to find my way around the box. NDFEdit 1.6.9 was my main tool for the TM-7102 - now DreamboxEdit 7.2.1.0 looks like its replacement for the Ultimo4K. WebIF much simpler than using STBDaemon too. Reflashed the box first with OpenVix and ran ABM. Then reflashed with VTi as per #Siclian's suggestion and managed somehow to get to recognise my HD+ card intermittently (Insight HD viewed) but no other card I have. Back to OpenVix and checked out OScam - then realised Oscam needed configuration, which is beyond me at the moment. Scanned this forum and found one forum member had recently got Tivusat working with the help of another member. Followed his procedure, which together with ABM and my Tivusat card, gave me access to Mezzo and RAI 4K - I watched part of La Cenerantola (Cinderella) in awe (saw it performed live at Sadlers Wells many years ago).

So, the protective plastic is now removed and our lounge is now tidied up and I've got something to keep me well occupied during my self-isolation, until some saint creates the vaccine.