PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] after updating lamedb cant get any channs from 4.8 deg

jimbofz
02-10-20, 17:15
strange one im using vix 5.2.025 on vuduo with motorised dish all been working no problem for years
its all fully aligned and have replaced lnb and tested signal at the dish,
i updated the chan bouquet,all channs are there in the bouquet list.
before i had channs on 4.8 deg
but now nothing .
so went to manual scan for this sat only and i get message
"nothing to scan please set up tuner settings before start service scan "
now in signal finder the option for predefined transponder is not there
but its there for every other sat in my bouquet.
went and checked tuner config settings and all set as they should .
ive read through many posts and read the manual ,
it seems theres a glitch in the image ,but dont want to reflash,if i can help it
hoping its something ive missed

abu baniaz
02-10-20, 17:44
Are you using USALS or manually storing positions?

abu baniaz
02-10-20, 17:46
Upload your lamedb and satellites.xml. Check both locations for your XML file. etc/enigma2 as well as etc/tuxbox

jimbofz
02-10-20, 18:27
Are you using USALS or manually storing positions?

im using usals

jimbofz
02-10-20, 18:34
in the past when i updated i just updated the lamedb with dreamset ,
so ill take your advice and check xml in those locations ,
should i delete the original xml and replace with latest or will it overwrite ? can i ftp the replacement with filezilla?

jimbofz
02-10-20, 18:47
Upload your lamedb and satellites.xml. Check both locations for your XML file. etc/enigma2 as well as etc/tuxbox

ok just confirmed with ftp :
in etc/tuxbox .xml file is present ,but in etc/enigma2 there are all the bouquets
and the only files with .xml are :timers. pm.timers, autotimer.xml

abu baniaz
02-10-20, 19:51
The problem occurs when the satellite positions do not match. There used to be a few common anomalies 0.8w vs 1w and 4.8e is another one if I remember correctly. I asked Vhannibal to use the xml pli//atv/vix uses a few years ago, things settled after that. Someone else posted on another forum about an updated satellite list causing issues.

Best to use the xml that we use. You can get it from here:

http://satellites-xml.org/

You can install xml updater from system plugins to save the FTP

/etc/enigma2/ is user location. This is not required, but takes precedence if one is there
/etc/tuxbox/ is system location

jimbofz
02-10-20, 20:43
The problem occurs when the satellite positions do not match. There used to be a few common anomalies 0.8w vs 1w and 4.8e is another one if I remember correctly. I asked Vhannibal to use the xml pli//atv/vix uses a few years ago, things settled after that. Someone else posted on another forum about an updated satellite list causing issues.

Best to use the xml that we use. You can get it from here:

http://satellites-xml.org/

You can install xml updater from system plugins to save the FTP

/etc/enigma2/ is user location. This is not required, but takes precedence if one is there
/etc/tuxbox/ is system location

wow your a star ,
ill do the update as soon as i can wrestle the remote of the wife (the boss)

abu baniaz
02-10-20, 20:53
Also, how did you update lamedb?

jimbofz
03-10-20, 12:30
Also, how did you update lamedb?

i used dreamset and searched for latest lamedb then updated.
i installed from plugins xml updater ,as per your instructions,
this then allowed me to select predefined transponder,in signal finder (progress)
still no sigs on tps eg:11305h 30 3/4 nordic beam
i know it was fine with 50% sigs on my 1mtr motorised dish .perhaps the beam has changed its footprint
i can now tune in a few tps ,but nothing like before ,i may revert to an older lamedb just to check

abu baniaz
03-10-20, 13:20
Lamedb is a database of services that have been scanned in. If you can, perform the scan yourself. Using one someone used may include services you can't receive. The opposite is true too, it may exclude services you can receive.

jimbofz
03-10-20, 13:55
Lamedb is a database of services that have been scanned in. If you can, perform the scan yourself. Using one someone used may include services you can't receive. The opposite is true too, it may exclude services you can receive.

ok changed back to lamedb that i used up to last week ,
still same results
i fully take your point re the use of lamedb from unknown source
the xlm file that i used from plugins menu ,
should i try the one from http://satellites-xml.org/ do you think it may help?
and finally
should i uninstall abm or at least disable it ?
could this be causing conflict ?
or am i clutching straws

abu baniaz
03-10-20, 14:13
The plugin I referred you to downloads XML from the site I linked to. It's the one all the OE-A images use.

With ABM, you can disable the automatic "scan" if you suspect there is something wrong with the data it's pulling in. You can then scan (not using ABM) and see if any difference. I don't think it is ABM.

jimbofz
03-10-20, 15:04
The plugin I referred you to downloads XML from the site I linked to. It's the one all the OE-A images use.

With ABM, you can disable the automatic "scan" if you suspect there is something wrong with the data it's pulling in. You can then scan (not using ABM) and see if any difference. I don't think it is ABM.

thanks for taking time to help