PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] Image Flash

imzy82
23-09-20, 17:53
Hello Guys,

Flashed openpli on another slot which I did and now when I got to multiboot image selector can't seem to get openvix back, however I did USB back up before flashing how do I get around getting that back?

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 18:25
however I did USB back up before flashing
An image backup or settings backup?

What is the problem with MultibootImageSelector?
A. Vix is not listed
B. When you select Vix, it does not restart into Vix

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:34
Image backup,

I had originally Vix and tried putting openpli on another slot
Once the openpli flashed onto another slot and pressed the power to go to multiboot selector there's nothing there.

I need Vix back.

could you please help me.

bmitie
23-09-20, 18:46
I looked at openpli and this is a vix board but there are 2 zips one says multiboot and other just shows image? What did you use? And with open vix you can get an option under multiboot to flash online!! A bit more detail needed. You may have to start again. And there may be a menu item with openli to select flash partition.

And I found this nugget.

If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

From either image long press power Button to get multibboot restart menu

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 18:49
Last questions (hopefully):
Ddid you flash OpenPLI using USB or Vix's Image manager?
Did you flash PLI's Multiboot image or USB image?

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:50
I flashed it through vix > image > then got openpli from there. but it showed me the option to put on to another slot before it flashed.

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:50
Flashed through Vix's image manager.

bmitie
23-09-20, 18:52
try this in case you missed it

If you want to try OpenPli or OpenATV then as per normal for online flashing ...
Blue Button /VIX/ ImageManager/ Download(yellow button) —-> choose OpenPli/OpenATV in download feeds -> select your image, then download
Once downloaded, select in list and hit flash(blue) button -> once flashed will reboot to new image

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:53
try this in case you missed it

This exactly what I did.

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:54
Last questions (hopefully):
Ddid you flash OpenPLI using USB or Vix's Image manager?
Did you flash PLI's Multiboot image or USB image?

Vix's Image Manager

imzy82
23-09-20, 18:57
This exactly what I did.

when I long press power button and go to multiboot image selector ON openpli, no images found.

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 18:57
Info:
If you flashed by Image Manager, default is to create a settings backup too. So once you flash Vix, you can restore settings quickly.

There were boot/recovery sector changes.

Action:
Flash either PLI USB image or Vix Recovery image version using USB. This will wipe everything on flash memory.
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/zgemma-images/zgemma-h7/

After that Multiboot Image Selector will allow you to select different images.

Once you flash Vix, you can restore your settings and plugins.

imzy82
23-09-20, 19:02
Info:
If you flashed by Image Manager, default is to create a settings backup too. So once you flash Vix, you can restore settings quickly.

There were boot/recovery sector changes.

Action:
Flash either PLI USB image or Vix Recovery image version using USB. This will wipe everything on flash memory.
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/zgemma-images/zgemma-h7/

After that Multiboot Image Selector will allow you to select different images.

Once you flash Vix, you can restore your settings and plugins.

Abu, I want to get Vix back and struggling by USB. I don't care about my restore settings just want to revert to Vix and unable to do it by USB.

when I'm doing this as per manual it flashes USB with a blink of an eye and just stays on boot.

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 19:13
I was giving you best option to avoid issues in future.

As you can't do that:

Option 1.
Copy/put the zipped image that you created on the root of storage device mounted as HDD or in a folder called "images". PLI will be able to flash it back using the GUI.

Option 2
Flash stock image image using command line.

wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

imzy82
23-09-20, 19:19
I was giving you best option to avoid issues in future.

As you can't do that:

Option 1.
Copy/put the zipped image that you created on the root of storage device mounted as HDD or in a folder called "images". PLI will be able to flash it back using the GUI.

Option 2
Flash stock image image using command line.

wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

I'm trying option 2 and trying to telnet via putty, not working.

imzy82
23-09-20, 19:26
I'm trying option 2 and trying to telnet via putty, not working.

this is what I'm getting.

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 19:26
I'll have to refer to Grog68 for that. He'll have to update his script. Can you post the text, instead of picture please

Sorry, I forgot Grog's script uses boxbranding, which PLI do not have.

Have you tried a differrnt USB stick? If you have a microSd card, have you tried removing it when flashing by USB?

imzy82
23-09-20, 19:31
I'll have to refer to Grog68 for that. He'll have to update his script. Can you post the text, instead of picture please

I read Grogs method and it states usee SSH,

when I usee SSH via putty this is what I'm getting.

imzy82
23-09-20, 19:43

Sorry, I forgot Grog's script uses boxbranding, which PLI do not have.

Have you tried a differrnt USB stick? If you have a microSd card, have you tried removing it when flashing by USB?

I've tried with so many USB's, don't have a MicroSd card.

when flashing with usb, power on and immediately holding on the front power button its jumps from boot to usb with a blink of an eye then on boot again and nothing seems to happen.

ccs
23-09-20, 19:48
Flashing guide.....

Flashing the Receiver.
1) Power off the receiver
2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver
3) Insert the USB stick containing the image, rear usb port if possible.
4) Power the receiver on.
5) Immediately after powering on PRESS AND HOLD the front power button behind the FRONT FLAP until "flashing" appears on front display.
6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
7) Remove USB stick that contains the images files.

abu baniaz
23-09-20, 19:50
On Willow's site, there is a tool to format USB stick. Make sure you do not format the USB stick with our backup

https://willobuild.com/utilities.php

imzy82
23-09-20, 20:00
On Willow's site, there is a tool to format USB stick. Make sure you do not format the USB stick with our backup

https://willobuild.com/utilities.php

No Joy, Stuck with OpenPli

done the usb method so many times.

imzy82
23-09-20, 20:05
The Image which I downloaded contains a folder called rootfs.tar.bz2 is this to be extracted aswell?

imzy82
23-09-20, 22:55
Managed to fix this, it was the recovery file emmc which needed to install, flashed via usb and all back.

Thank you Abu baniaz helping me out.

Never again using the multiboot image selector.

Goodnight.

abu baniaz
24-09-20, 00:56
Multiboot Image Selector will be fine now.