PDA

View Full Version : Trouble downloading Xtreamplugin 2.3

jamesjay
22-09-20, 17:29
I have a Solo2 and over the weekend my provider changed the plugin from 1.1 to 2.3 and I have had trouble getting it working.

I have used DCC and also putty with the same results and was hoping I could get some help to confirm if it my Solo2 or the providers download.

The attached picture is from a DCC attempt if that helps.

Kind regards,
James.

abu baniaz
22-09-20, 17:37
What command did you issue? The whole lot is not visible.

It also says 0.2.3 is already installed.

jamesjay
22-09-20, 18:28
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Abu Baniaz, I saw that it was already installed too and that was all I got using DCC telnet, it was an opkg install force overwrite command but since posting I have gone back to an old backup from July 2020 and managed to download 0.2.3 but the panel is now stating my account as expired so the ball is in his court.

Thanks again for your quick reply,
Kind regards.
James.

jamesjay
23-09-20, 17:31
I don't what or how but it is all working now there must have been either a bad or corrupted download.

jamesjay
23-09-20, 18:06
I have just tried to update the image from 5.3.030 to 039 and lost the Xtream TV 2.3...I did press yes for restore any extra plugins...now gone back to 5.3.030 and Xtream TV working.

vuesolo
13-01-21, 23:45
I have just tried to update the image from 5.3.030 to 039 and lost the Xtream TV 2.3...I did press yes for restore any extra plugins...now gone back to 5.3.030 and Xtream TV working.

I find sometimes with updates I have to manually reinstall plugins

CRUMBLIN
14-01-21, 15:03
Agree with vuesolo, found that Xtream needs to be installed via a script using putty. also I recall that it is important to uninstall any previous traces of Xtream before attempting to install a fresh Xtream. So a fresh reflashed Vix followed by the Xtream installation using Putty

jamesjay
13-02-21, 12:37
Agree with vuesolo, found that Xtream needs to be installed via a script using putty. also I recall that it is important to uninstall any previous traces of Xtream before attempting to install a fresh Xtream. So a fresh reflashed Vix followed by the Xtream installation using Putty

Hi Guys, My post was 4 months old :confused: my fault I think...I did a complete reflash of Vix and then was able to install the latest version of Xtream TV...many months ago :), the Vix reflash got rid of some plugins and other stuff I didn't need or hadn't used for years so freed up space on my Solo2 and my box appears to be faster and more stable then before so a clean reflash now and then works wonders.

Sorry I should have posted an update and a thank you...I usually do but forgot :rolleyes:

So a belated thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

James.