PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Infobar Icons

CRMS
19-09-20, 23:36
Have RTFM and searched the forum for a decode of the Infobar icons and symbols eg the gaggle of letters at the left hand end of the info bar when pressing, on my machine, OK twice. Plus all the stuff at the right hand end.

ccs
20-09-20, 10:34
It'll depend on which skin you're using, maybe post a screenshot?

adm
20-09-20, 12:12
It'll depend on which skin you're using, maybe post a screenshot?

Possibly this......

Most of the right hand stuff can be found at
menu -> information -> service (select the 3 options)
and
menu -> setup -> tuners and scanning -> signal finder.

ccs
20-09-20, 12:15
.... or this :)

CRMS
20-09-20, 12:51
Possibly this......

Most of the right hand stuff can be found at
menu -> information -> service (select the 3 options)
and
menu -> setup -> tuners and scanning -> signal finder.

Yes. Post 3. What the 2 rows of letters on the left underneath TALKING PICTURES mean.
And the row of icons above the satellite details on the left. Some are obvious REC in red and 16:9, but the various square icons??
The menu info on satellite stuff is fine.

abu baniaz
20-09-20, 12:58
Encryption type.

Dolby, subtitles, stereo, hbbtv, encrypted.

adm
20-09-20, 13:35
Encryption type.

Dolby, subtitles, stereo, hbbtv, encrypted.

and some will only be "alight" when on satellite or terrestrial

Also a flashing indicator to say a software update is available (only seen if it is enabled in one of the menus)
menu -> setup -> system -> software update -> wait for update check to finish then menu -> background check [ 'no' turns off the indicator]

Albeit not supported by Vix for UK freeview (Play)....

https://www.hbbtv.org/news-events/freeview-play-delivers-next-generation-tv-user-experience-with-hbbtv-2-0/

The dolby digital symbol may only on satellite

CRMS
21-09-20, 07:35
Thanks..

And - What do the 2 rows of letters on the left underneath TALKING PICTURES mean.??

Joe_90
21-09-20, 12:08
Thanks..

And - What do the 2 rows of letters on the left underneath TALKING PICTURES mean.??

They refer to the encryption type - e.g NDS, BISS, Conax, Nagra Viaaccess etc. Only of interest if you're using conditional access smart card for decryption. See @abu's post #6

CRMS
21-09-20, 16:20
OK, thanks. I see how he answered now. But not clear first time round. And I actually wanted to understand what the letters meant, just about as you have described. But it is still gobbledygook to me, so I have a long way to go in the OV stakes!!