PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Tuner set up

Stanman
22-05-10, 08:44
Hi,
Might be a stupid question but I have both the tuners set to Sly and with simple set up as I do not have motor.
I thought they were both working but last night when recording the mentalist it said no tuner spare and I knew I had only one recording scheduled, checked in timer and there was only one.

How do I check both are working and enabled. ( orginally did it in set up, had issues with scanning the box but once sorted repeated same set up on both tuners)

grtmoby
22-05-10, 08:55
stanman, u need to make tuner B equal to tuner A. This can be done by selecting "Equal to" using the left and right arrows while being on the "Mode". For this to work the best you must be having either two dishes pointing the same sat or a dual/quad lnb with one cable going to each tuner.

if it is only one single lnb then you'll be limited to the same band (hi or lo) with same polarization to that you are watching.

Sicilian
22-05-10, 09:17
Has each tuner got a separate feed from the dish?

Stanman
22-05-10, 09:23
Has each tuner got a separate feed from the dish?

I've got a oct LB with two feeds going upstairs and two to the VU+

I had both tuners set to simple and 28.2.

Have changed B to say equal to A but do I need to do this if it has its own feed?

grtmoby
22-05-10, 09:25
Have changed B to say equal to A but do I need to do this if it has its own feed?

If it has its own feed then, you don't need to.

give it a try with the feed going to tuner A placed in that of tuner B and vice versa. This to ensure both feeds are working and carrying a good signal

Sicilian
22-05-10, 09:28
I've got a oct LB with two feeds going upstairs and two to the VU+

I had both tuners set to simple and 28.2.

What settings / bouquets did you use?

Regards the tuner settings I'd just set it: -

Simple
Single
Astra2/Eurobird1

Wouldn't bother with the setting equal to, use the same settings as you have in tuner A.

Stanman
22-05-10, 09:35
I set up my own bouquets by trying to relplicate the Sly setings and than adding to them.
Will have afurther play around and report back.

Thanks guys for the early morning help.

bob1
22-05-10, 09:54

Yes you do, all it means is that the input and the settings are the same.

Stanman
22-05-10, 15:02
I had them both set as single. simple and 28.2E

grtmoby
22-05-10, 15:05
did u check that both feeds carry good sginal