PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 HD?

RVF
15-09-20, 18:03
Good evening all. My H7S does not receive Channel 4 HD. It is absent in the EPG. I am aware it isn't available on Freesat receivers, but it remains a free to air channel on the satellite? Is there a simple way to manually tune my H7S to receive Channel 4 HD please?

Thanks.

abu baniaz
15-09-20, 18:18
How are you creating your bouquets/channel groups/folders?

Andy_Hazza
15-09-20, 18:21
Good evening all. My H7S does not receive Channel 4 HD. It is absent in the EPG. I am aware it isn't available on Freesat receivers, but it remains a free to air channel on the satellite? Is there a simple way to manually tune my H7S to receive Channel 4 HD please?

Thanks.

Use Sky UK in providers instead of using Freesat. Then just choose the Sky UK FTA Only option when setting that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVF
15-09-20, 18:28
Use Sky UK in providers instead of using Freesat. Then just choose the Sky UK FTA Only option when setting that up.

Thanks. That's exactly what I have selected. Everything is set to Yes except Freesat and Sky ROI are set to No. On the EPG Channel 4 HD is shown but there is no content displaying in the horizontal bar that is fully populated for the other channels.

Andy_Hazza
15-09-20, 18:29
What are you using to populate your EPG data? Have you got CrossEPG setup or using EPGRefresh?

adm
15-09-20, 18:40
Thanks. That's exactly what I have selected. Everything is set to Yes except Freesat and Sky ROI are set to No. On the EPG Channel 4 HD is shown but there is no content displaying in the horizontal bar that is fully populated for the other channels.

If you are getting the EPG data over the air you need to tune in to the sky IEPG channel for some minutes to get the information for some of the Sky FTA channels

Post #13 in the link below shows how I do it
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63087-Auto-Timers-and-Channel-4-HD

Note many of the channels on Sky FTA and Freesat are common so those common channels are automatically populated with the over the air Freesat EPG - for the channels not common the tune into the sky IEPG channel method is required (assuming you get your EPG over the air).

RVF
15-09-20, 18:41
What are you using to populate your EPG data? Have you got CrossEPG setup or using EPGRefresh?

I am afraid I can't really answer fully. As far as I know the EPG data populated itself when I selected Sky UK. I do not know what CrossEPG is. I have just found EPGRefresh and switched it to Yes. Made no difference to anything as far as I can see.

Andy_Hazza
15-09-20, 18:44
You need to setup EPG correctly. You need to decide if you want to use EPGRefresh or CrossEPG.

RVF
15-09-20, 18:51
You need to setup EPG correctly. You need to decide if you want to use EPGRefresh or CrossEPG.

Sorry, I do not know enough to answer fully. I cannot find CrossEPG anywhere. EPGRefresh is now set to yes but nothing has changed. I may not know enough to fix it. Thanks.

RVF
15-09-20, 18:52
If you are getting the EPG data over the air you need to tune in to the sky IEPG channel for some minutes to get the information for some of the Sky FTA channels

Post #13 in the link below shows how I do it
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63087-Auto-Timers-and-Channel-4-HD

Note many of the channels on Sky FTA and Freesat are common so those common channels are automatically populated with the over the air Freesat EPG - for the channels not common the tune into the sky IEPG channel method is required (assuming you get your EPG over the air).

Thanks I followed post number 13. It is the same until I select Astra 28.2, then the menu options I see do not match those in the thread. I cannot see IEPG anywhere,

Andy_Hazza
15-09-20, 18:55
IPEG is situated in the Sky Info Bouquet.

RVF
15-09-20, 18:58
IPEG is situated in the Sky Info Bouquet.

OK thanks that was hidden. Now unhidden, will look again now.

adm
15-09-20, 20:47
deleted ,,,,,

RVF
17-09-20, 08:15
Thanks for the support. Not quite sure how it got fixed but C4HD now appears in my EPG. Thanks again.

RVF