PDA

View Full Version : How flash PurE2 onto slot whilst currently running openvix

ade1970
14-09-20, 05:58
Hey, tried flashing using usual method , got correct PurE2 6.5 loaded onto usb, put in back slot, powerup and hold front button behind flap, display goes to flash- usb, back to boot in the blink of an eye, then just boots openvix 5.39 as before. So I must be doing something wrong? Basically, I'm trying to flash a spare slot (currently slot 2 has openvix 5.39 of the 4 available) with PurE2 after reading the enormous benefits. Any help appreciated as I've given up in case I crash something as otherwise box is running perfectly!

twol
14-09-20, 11:02
1) I am confused - are you trying to do a usb flash with Pure2 which will remove any other image
Or
2) are you trying to flash a slot in which case you should be using ImageManager

Either way PurE2 image for H7 needs a usb flash and as they change the slot size, you will certainly have only a PurE2 image installed.
Not sure what you expect to get out of running PurE2 apart from a different Image.

ade1970
14-09-20, 16:23
Thanks twol, well both if possible, flash PurE2 onto a spare slot. Is that possible, using image manager? via download, usb etc in current set up as prefer not to start again. However, I want to see PurE2 and use both that and our trusted openvix solely. I've read that if you do start box again from scratch and only plan to use 2 slots , to use special files designed to split the available memory, seen over on linux sat?
If I do start again can I just re-load backup of openvix? and is backup or full image backup better for that purpose? Sorry for the 101 questions, I really appreciate your help ��

twol
14-09-20, 18:04
On ViX do a Backup of your settings.(Backup Manager)
Flash by usb the PurE2 image .... you get 2 larger partitions because Gorski frigs the boot partitions to get the two larger slots.
You can then install ViX into the 2nd slot by copying a ViX image over to the HDD and then running an online flash (apparently pManager > SW Manager > Flash on the fly) and restoring the settings backup when asked if you want to do so.

How safe is this? No idea - Gorski does issue some warning msgs.

Best of luck!

ade1970
16-09-20, 01:03
Hey Twol, gave it a go yesterday, it completely wipes system, recovers the previous hdd recordings under openvix and Kodi all on its own, lost timer recordings only. its a lovely interface, and to be fair, uses oscam latest, all the same files as I had before. trying out the fnc adding, very interesting to say the least! Not attempted to put openvix on 2nd slot as yet, hopefully its straight forward. Chuffed for now to have rebuilt box so quickly, many thanks for your advice! ��