PDA

View Full Version : GB Receiver Freezing

CRMS
04-09-20, 08:33
Another day, another issue.

Switched on radio this morning and after a short while sound ceased and box completely frozen. Remote and power button didn't work. So main switch reset. Had to do it again a couple of times. Now been on for 40 mins.

Noticed the following:

Radio screen graphics is no longer full screen after selecting a station. Just top right corner.
When in Radio, selecting guide brings up TV stations. It used to, yesterday, show Radio stations.

1554leslie
04-09-20, 16:05
Reflash the box and see if that fixes the issue

CRMS
05-09-20, 09:45
Thanks. I take it you mean reinstall OpenVix from a USB stick??
I'm now seeing the OpenVix symbol freezing in top left corner.

ccs
05-09-20, 09:48
Switch on debug logs and post the results when the spinner appears for longer than expected.

CRMS
05-09-20, 10:31
Now re flashed OK but CrossEPG has disappeared from the EPG menu and no longer listed in plugins. And ABM isn't finding radio stations.

ccs
05-09-20, 11:04
CrossEPG now needs to be downloaded from plugins, if it's not there then you've already got it.

twol
05-09-20, 11:39
Thanks. I take it you mean reinstall OpenVix from a USB stick??
I'm now seeing the OpenVix symbol freezing in top left corner.

Its always easier to online flash the box with ImageManager - usb flashing is usually the last resort

CRMS
05-09-20, 11:50
I just followed the instructions at OpenVix which are for USB stick. Image Manager?? - another learning curve!!

Doh - radio stations now with TV.
Is there any way of loading plugins from a USB stick??
And save all the custom settings - like buttons - before reflashing a new OpenVix version??

ccs
05-09-20, 11:51
... backupmanager saves all your settings and they can be restored after flashing an image.

CRMS
05-09-20, 12:45
Shame the start of the Flashing Guide doesn't include that?? Next revision?!

ccs
05-09-20, 13:12
Shame the start of the Flashing Guide doesn't include that?? Next revision?!

It's all there....

Guides (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301)

Backups (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Image-backup-and-flashing-Settings-backup-and-restores)

Flashing using imagemanager automatically takes a settings backup for you by default.

CRMS
05-09-20, 16:54
Yup. Thanks. In a rush this morning to get reflashed as system freezing for no apparent reason. So just USB flashed following the PDF guide. Did find the OpenVix manual on phone and Chapter 8 later. But a warning in the Guide at the top - "Warning - Have you backed your settings. See OpenVix manual page 83". Would be really useful.

Otherwise a PITA to find everything and setup again.
2 issues -

Plugins - Picons only has one item for Australian TV. Perhaps the UK ones are somewhere else?? But I don't think so having trawled the guides.

Channel 4 HD config xml file. How can I get it on the machine??
Have no network router but can create a phone hotspot or use a USB stick.

abu baniaz
05-09-20, 17:06
There are various sources of picons. One is
picons.eu
Use the "all" variety.
Edit: Two f the 29th April version of Ocram's picons is on the plugin server and covers almost all UK services.

Channel 4 HD config xml file. How can I get it on the machine??
Have no network router but can create a phone hotspot or use a USB stick.

You can also use dream explorer plugin to move files around

ccs
05-09-20, 17:08
Not sure how well CrossEPG will work without an internet connection, won't that cause the spinner to appear??

abu baniaz
05-09-20, 17:28
Not sure how well CrossEPG will work without an internet connection, won't that cause the spinner to appear??

Which aspect of cross epg? Internet based acquisition or OpenTV provider based? If the latter, makes no difference whatsoever as it Internet is not used.

ccs
05-09-20, 17:33
Which aspect of cross epg? Internet based acquisition or OpenTV provider based? If the latter, makes no difference whatsoever as it Internet is not used.

I'm assuming the internet based acquisition, if he's not using that version then it's clearly not the reason the OP might be having problems.

CRMS
05-09-20, 17:39
Cracked Ch4 HD with laptop, W10 File Explorer and mobile phone network.

Just need to find the Picons. I am sure I downloaded using the Plugins - Picons a few months ago.
Anyway went to picons.eu - but so much choice and can't recall what I used before!! I guess I'm looking for 28E but after that the icon sizes are a mystery. On the CrossEPG I'm using 12 rows in Grid.

CRMS
05-09-20, 17:40
Cracked Ch4 HD with laptop, W10 File Explorer and mobile phone network.

Just need to find the Picons. I am sure I downloaded using the Plugins - Picons a few months ago.
Anyway went to picons.eu - but so much choice and can't recall what I used before!! I guess I'm looking for 28E but after that the icon sizes are a mystery. On the CrossEPG I'm using 12 rows in Grid.

abu baniaz
05-09-20, 17:40
I'm assuming the internet based acquisition, if he's not using that version then it's clearly not the reason the OP might be having problems.
He's not mentioned Internet based sources/Rytec, so let's not confuse things.

abu baniaz
05-09-20, 17:46
On the CrossEPG I'm using 12 rows in Grid.
Two different topics. Acquiring EPG data and number of rows in Grid EPG are separate issues. Besides, CrossEPG does not have anything with number of rows.

The 29th April version is still on the plugin server. Should you wish to try a more recent version, perhaps try

enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.light.on.transparent_2020-08-29--23-23-38_all.ipk