PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Missing Listings

CRMS
31-08-20, 17:05
I've followed the CrossEPG. Deleted epg.dat, ABM and CrossEPG followed by rebooting. Then re-run ABM and CrossEPG. Missing some TV programmes but many more Radio programmes.
I normally update EPG manually each day but as on a boat, have to set up the dish whenever I move.
So, looking for some more answers???

And any answers to CrossEPG issues would be good in the Guide??

Joe_90
31-08-20, 17:32
CrossEPG does not seem to be able to retrieve radio EPG data from the SKY or FreeSat bouquet. On the FreeSat bouquet the radio channels are there from 700 onwards (on my listing, but I'm using alternative numbering). I have found that, if you enable the FreeSat EPG reader in the EPG settings, then the radio channels EPG is populated after a short while (10 -20 mins). The slight downside to using the Freesat EPG reader in conjunction with CrossEPG is that some EPG entries may have conflicting entries. It's a minor issue IMHO, though.

CRMS
02-09-20, 17:01
Thanks. Most radio listings appeared after a while. But both TV and Radio suffer sporadically where programme information is present but title is not??

abu baniaz
02-09-20, 17:24
Important question is: "Is the data available on the satellite?" I double checked this a couple months ago, the answer was still "no". Best way to check is to check on a Sky receiver that does not obtain EPG from the internet.

CRMS
03-09-20, 15:12
Think data must be on satellite. Humax Foxsat has all the details using the same LNB.
In the middle of France on a barge - difficult to check someone's Sky receiver����

Andy_Hazza
03-09-20, 15:29
I did already test this on my SkyQ box. The Radio EPG was present for 7 days, BUT when I disconnected from the network no EPG data was present after a Reboot. Hope this answers the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_90
03-09-20, 20:36
Think data must be on satellite. Humax Foxsat has all the details using the same LNB.
In the middle of France on a barge - difficult to check someone's Sky receiver����

The Humax Foxsat (I still have one :)) gets its EPG from the Freesat transponders. As I posted in #2, if you enable the Freesat reader on an enigma box, then you will get the radio listings (which are in the Freesat bouquet). I have not been able to get radio EPG listings for the SKY bouquet from satellite. I've raised a problem report, but the data just doesn't seem to be available off-air. See Andy's post (#6) which seems to indicate that the radio EPG on SKY is actually provided over t'internet.

abu baniaz
20-07-22, 00:38
Important question is: "Is the data available on the satellite?" I double checked this a couple months ago, the answer was still "no". Best way to check is to check on a Sky receiver that does not obtain EPG from the internet.
@littlejim
Just tested this again, no radio EPG. Just now/next ( not always next)

Joe_90
20-07-22, 09:50
Interesting that it's not available on Sky receiver, abu. It's still ok on the Freesat EPG - full 7 day listing for radio. The Freesat TV EPG schedule has the "£" symbol coded correctly (for Place In The Sun house values on More4, HGTV etc.), whereas the OpenTV EPG has the "#" symbol, as does the Now/Next data. Just enable the Freesat EPG and you will get the radio listings, but see post #2.

Huevos
20-07-22, 12:35
Interesting that it's not available on Sky receiver, abu. It's still ok on the Freesat EPG - full 7 day listing for radio. The Freesat TV EPG schedule has the "£" symbol coded correctly (for Place In The Sun house values on More4, HGTV etc.), whereas the OpenTV EPG has the "#" symbol, as does the Now/Next data. Just enable the Freesat EPG and you will get the radio listings, but see post #2.
Probably because they are in the main channels list.