PDA

View Full Version : Multiswitch possible problem

Xiaomi
30-08-20, 18:52
Hello,

I might have a problem with my multiswitch and I don't know how to diagnose the fault.

So, Saorsat transponder setting has updated recently and I've been trying to get it integrated correctly into my system. However, what should be Left Circular polarization now needs to be Right Circular (or vertical) in the signal finder (OpenVix).

I have been told that it might be my multiswitch has gone on the blink, but I don't know how to check or confirm this. Alternatively, I'm not sure if anything has happened to the the OpenVix image that might cause this issue.
I'm confirming with the provider that the polarization should still be Vertical Left. If it is, how do I diagnose a fault in the multiswitch?

Thanks.

twol
30-08-20, 20:00
Multiswitches are pretty reliable in my experience and also cannot think of anything in ViX that has significantly changed recently for LNB setup - but loads of posts about teh change and issues with picking it up, so unlikely the hardware/ViX -

BrianTheTechieSnail
30-08-20, 20:03
Have you tried switching it off and on again (all of it)?

ronand
30-08-20, 20:11
Connect the cable directly bypassing the switch and you will find out if it is the switch or not. There were frequency, symbol rate and fec changes to the transponder

Xiaomi
11-09-20, 09:24
Okay, so I've redone the direct connection. I am able to pick up a signal on all 4 polarisation settings - is this correct?
Furthermore, using the 'scan' option in this meau with each polarisation setup returns the full suite of channels for the single Saorsat Transponder.
Does this scan option work from the configuration defined in this menu or does it pick up the transponder from the predefined list?

Xiaomi
18-09-20, 14:10
Hi, just bumping this to see if anyone can help.