PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] How many channels can you record at same time with 2 Twin Tuners?

SkyFan
25-08-20, 20:50
Was trying to record 3 programmes at the same time on 3 different channels:
Drama
BBC 1 HD
ITV3 HD

The 3 programmes on the above channels allowed me to add timers. But when I tried to add a 4th timer for channel 4 at the same time it wouldn’t let me add it due to a timer conflict.
Why is that? I have 2 Twin tuners on my VU+ Duo 2. I thought that meant you could record 4 different channels at the same time?

Joe_90
25-08-20, 22:47
How many physical cables are attached from the LNBs to the tuners? Two? Four? On a standard LNB cable and tuner you can record all the channels on a particular transponder frequency. If you have a second tuner "daisy chained" or looped on the same cable it can tune another transponder, providing it is on the same polarity and in the same high or low group of frequencies. So, one cable with two tuners can record anything from two transponders in the same quadrant (Vertical/Horizontal High Band/Low Band). If the channel you want to record is on a different quadrant you need a separate LNB feed and tuner. I'm not sure that ITV3 is available in HD free to air, though.

SkyFan
26-08-20, 01:39
Four cables are attached from my satellite dish which go into my 2 twin tuners. I thought that means I can record a minimum of 4 different channels? ITV3 HD is on Sky but can be watched on a freesat box if you have a Sky card in the box.

abu baniaz
26-08-20, 01:50
@fat-tony
See following thread which indicates similar issue: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63241-issue-with-recording-2-channels-simultaneously

SkyFan
26-08-20, 02:08
@fat-tony
See following thread which indicates similar issue: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63241-issue-with-recording-2-channels-simultaneously

Doesn't seem to be a solution in that thread. Should I actually be able to record a minimum of 4 different channels as I mentioned in the first post? If so, what can I do to fix the issue?

abu baniaz
26-08-20, 02:32
Doesn't seem to be a solution in that thread. Should I actually be able to record a minimum of 4 different channels as I mentioned in the first post? If so, what can I do to fix the issue?

That was not directed to you.

You should be able to record 4 satellite services, but it seems you can't. Just like the other person. Although his is two services.

SkyFan
26-08-20, 04:11
Very Weird. I installed the latest image and tried to add the exact same timers for 4 channels and it worked. Not sure why my previous image only let me cap 3 different channels at once. Only thing I can think of is that recently our electricity was turned off without switching my box off first. Could that of caused the issue?

bellejt
26-08-20, 09:11
working fine here with same setup.You can even watch a fift channel that is in one of the recordings transponders.
S: yes if a timer was working before the cut off it restarts on power on (if time frame is still active)

Joe_90
26-08-20, 14:34
Very Weird. I installed the latest image and tried to add the exact same timers for 4 channels and it worked. Not sure why my previous image only let me cap 3 different channels at once. Only thing I can think of is that recently our electricity was turned off without switching my box off first. Could that of caused the issue?

That could have caused the problem if the configuration had been corrupted in some way. With 4 cables and 4 tuners you should be able to record from four separate transponders at a minimum. Problem solved then?