PDA

View Full Version : VIX 53039 on h7c freeview only. Which epg?

Goodolpeter
11-08-20, 16:12
Using grid epg from menu atm.
Is there a better on for freeview.

Channels in alpha order. Is there a setting to order them by channel number?

Thanks in advance from a newbie for any replies,
GOP

ccs
11-08-20, 16:17
When viewing the grid epg, press menu, and set show bouquets on launch to yes.

You should then have a choice, depending on how (and if) you used ABM. Last scanned is in alphabetic order, the others start with what you're probably used to.

If you didn't use ABM (AutoBouquetMaker), then I suggest that you do. You'll find it in tuner setup.

abu baniaz
11-08-20, 16:42
Welcome to the forum.:)

Have a read of this
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63049-Bouquets-EPG-amp-Channel-navigation

Your being on a freeview channel will absorb the EPG data, you don't need any plugins for the EPG absorption. Some people call this "synopsis", but in Enigma2 and other countries, this is called EPG.

If you want your channel list/groups to be like Freeview including the numbering, you will need to create the bouquets yourself or use AutoBouquetsMaker. See here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?48369-How-to-setup-AutobouquetsMaker-for-FreeView-HD-using-OpenViX

Goodolpeter
12-08-20, 14:53
Somehow, I’ve changed a setting somewhere.
When watching a channel, up arrow, menu, enable move mode, ok on channel, new position, ok. The channel moved.
Now I enable move mode from channel list , hit ok on a channel, and it just changes to that channel.
Any ideas what I must have changed?

Valiant
12-08-20, 15:58
After the channel is highlighted by pressing ok you should then be able to use up and down to shuffle the channel up and down in the list.

ronand
12-08-20, 16:12
You might be disabling move mode if you hadn't done so already. When you enable it is stays enabled until you cancel it.

ccs
12-08-20, 16:16
I never managed to get move to work properly, try OpenWebif - open the ip address/hostname of your box in a web browser.
There's a simple bouquet editor (bottom left-ish), and lots more.

Valiant
12-08-20, 16:26
When watching a channel, up arrow, menu, enable move mode, ok on channel, new position, ok. The channel moved.

Why would you want to move the channel whilst you are watching? When move mode is enabled, the option shows "Disable move mode" in the channel list context menu. Also another tell is when you press ok the current channel line is highlighted. I've never had a problem with this useful function, so something else is happening - maybe your remote keys?

BrianTheTechieSnail
12-08-20, 17:11
Are you wanting to automatically use the normal Freeview channel numbers?

I made my box do that automatically but I don't remember all the details of the top of my head.

If you confirm that's what you want I will spend some time and write a description of how I did it in OpenVIX.

Goodolpeter
12-08-20, 17:53
Thanks, for some reason it didn’t move the channel.
I’ve now reflashed and setup the box, and it worked immediately.

Goodolpeter
13-08-20, 10:42
Are you wanting to automatically use the normal Freeview channel numbers?
I made my box do that automatically but I don't remember all the details of the top of my head.
If you confirm that's what you want I will spend some time and write a description of how I did it in OpenVIX.
I was, but since then I’ve reflashed, as the only way to get rid of the problem. I’ve also now moved many of the channels around
so my bbc and itv are sd, (to get local news) but the rest are HD where poss, so I wouldn’t ask you to go to the trouble, thanks.

Andy_Hazza
13-08-20, 11:40
You’ve made extremely hard work of this. ABM would have took care of the channel listing for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodolpeter
13-08-20, 18:40
You’ve made extremely hard work of this. ABM would have took care of the channel listing for you.
I have, Andy - but I’ve learned a hell of a lot whilst trying to get it working.

Another Q. I’ve got timeshift on. I was on bbc1. A timer started for eggheads. I tried to change channel to itv.
I got an error message “no tuner available”. No other progs were recording. How can I test that both my t2
tuners are working?

ccs
13-08-20, 18:50
The easiest way is to record 2 programmes at the same time which are on different mux's.

bbc1 sd, bbc2 sd are on a different mux to itv sd. bbc1 hd, bbc2 hd and itv hd are all on the same, but yet another mux.

There is a timeshift parameter "stop timeshift while recording", this may affect what you're seeing.

Another way is using PiP, but I've never used it, so you're on your own. :)

Andy_Hazza
13-08-20, 20:08
Hi GOP. What is your tuner setup for both tuners please?

Goodolpeter
13-08-20, 20:35
Hi GOP. What is your tuner setup for both tuners please?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Hi, Andy.
Tuner A satellite disabled.
Tuner B and C T2 FTA set to Sandy Heath.

If I create a timer in bbc2 HD, and I have bbc2 SD further down my channel list,
will 2 timers be set up, therefore taking both tuners, leaving none for timeshift?

adm
13-08-20, 21:59
Hi, Andy.
Tuner A satellite disabled.
Tuner B and C T2 FTA set to Sandy Heath.

In which section are you setting Sandy Heath?

In the section where you set up the T2 tuners its better to use the generic DVB Europe/UK setting

Then use ABM for Freeview and this is where you select Sandt Heath.
ABM is likely to be up-to-date whereas some of the UK regional transmitter settings in the tuner setup setion and likely to be somewhat legacy in nature.

If I create a timer in bbc2 HD, and I have bbc2 SD further down my channel list,
will 2 timers be set up, therefore taking both tuners, leaving none for timeshift?

The recordings need to be simultaneous.

Select BBC1 HD and press the record button on the remote to record what you are watching.
Now select BBC1 SD. If you can watch it you have one tuner allocated to BBC1 HD recording and the other allocated to watching BBC1 SD.

Timeshift uses the same tuner as the program you are watching. If recording two programs on two different MUXs using both tuners you still have the ability to watch any of the other TV channels/ programs carried on those two MUXs AND still record at least 8 (and possibly many more) of those programs. If you are watching any of those programs on those two MUXs then timeshift is just is a hidden recording function not requiring another tuner. You can still have timeshift on any of those TV channels you are watching on those two MUXs.

You can even record a program and watch it at the same time in timeshift mode.

If using both tuners for recording 2 MUXs you cannot watch any of the TV channels on the other 4 MUXs. Timeshift records what you are watching so if you cannot watch the channel because you have no free tuners you cannot have timeshift on something you cannot watch.

This is fundamentally no different to the Topfield from which I believe you have migrated from, except that the Toppy had limited recoding capability compared to your new box running OpenVix. The Toppy still managed timeshift with only two tuners.

You need one tuner for each different MUX you are tuned into. The list of TV channels carried on each MUX (Multiplex) is shown at

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes