PDA

View Full Version : black screen sometimes....

manikm
31-07-20, 14:32
hey guys, cant work out when it happens, but sometimes, even FTA channels are black screen...only solution is to reboot.

any idea what is happening?

thanks! running latest image.

(havent tried other image vendors - suspect a octagon driver issue)

ronand
31-07-20, 14:35
No issues like that on mine. When this happens can you see the menus/osd? If you can see them is the signal strength ok?

manikm
31-07-20, 15:01
No issues like that on mine. When this happens can you see the menus/osd? If you can see them is the signal strength ok?

yeah mate - strong signal, and can see OSD

maybe OSCAM running...next time i'l try stopping it

manikm
01-08-20, 11:48
yeah mate - strong signal, and can see OSD

maybe OSCAM running...next time i'l try stopping it

just happened again this morning...
so strange - only solution is to reboot.
i tried stopping oscam, but that didnt help.

any other suggestions, its so annoying

Andy_Hazza
01-08-20, 11:59
Sky FTA channels all seems ok on my SF8008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronand
01-08-20, 12:35
It doubt its a driver/image issue as a lot of these have been sold and no-one else has reported a problem like this that I am aware of. The usual troubleshooting process is to flash an image without restoring any settings/backups and not to install any plugins/softcams. Just use FTA channels for a few days and once you can confirm that everything is stable then gradually reintroduce all the bits that you were using before. You can do this in another multiboot slot so as not to upset your current config.

manikm
01-08-20, 12:52
thanks, i'll try reinstalling latest VIX into a different slot, and see if the issue continues...as i say, its not all the time, but there is something causing it, maybe going from ENC to FTA channel, or viewing a program on HDD (networked NAS)

ccs
01-08-20, 13:02
Maybe debug logs will help - enable logs and also set the log time format to "boot time and local time" (it may default to that anyway).

ronand
05-08-20, 11:17
Another thing to check is the unit overheating? As there is no fan and a very small heatsink on the chipset these units get very hot especially in the proximity of other equipment. If the CPU temperature is up around 80C then remove the lid and see if that cures the problem. Temperature in the low 70s is what you should be targetting. I had seen blocky pictures on mine when it got too hot in the past (heat from the amp).

silverblack
05-08-20, 13:38
Not the same box mine is a Gigablue had the same problem,i tracked it down to HDMI cable since changing it no more black screens.
Worth giving it a try anyway.