PDA

View Full Version : [TIVIAR-ALPHA+] Box crashing with EPG download in standby

sh500
27-07-20, 10:28
Hi all,

I have had my WoS purchased Tiviar Alpha Plus box for a couple of years. It came flashed with a version of OpenVIX. This worked fine without little or no issues.

I recently upgrade to the latest version 5.3.039. The image has been installed for about 5 days or so. But the device seems to crash/freeze when it is in standby. I believe this may be related to the EPG downloading as the time on the VFD is always the scheduled time of the EPG download. The EPG downloads fine when the box is on 'wake' mode.

I am attaching a log after the crash happened this morning, not sure if it contains the useful information(?).

NB: I also flashed another popular provider's image and I get the same issue.

ccs
27-07-20, 10:35
You'll need to wait for it to crash/freeze again, and post the debug log when it happens.

The log you've posted doesn't show a crash, you need the previous log if there is one.

twol
27-07-20, 10:40
So for the moment disable the automatic EPG download and do it manually when powered on - and see if that makes a difference

sh500
27-07-20, 11:29
You'll need to wait for it to crash/freeze again, and post the debug log when it happens.

The log you've posted doesn't show a crash, you need the previous log if there is one.

The log timestamp is a few minutes after the crash happens. Would the relevant entry in the log not be recorded, if I hard reboot the box? As this is what I have to do to get the box working again. I'm not able to FTP in to the box whilst the box is crashed.

@TWOL

Although I have not actually disabled the schedule, I believe that will work, as the crash time is consistent to the EPG Import schedule time and that a manual EPG download works fine. I will disable the schedule and report back.

I've also just set the download time to occur a few minutes ago, but the 'info' still shows the last download to be yesterday (26/07).

ccs
27-07-20, 11:31
A new log is opened when the box/enigma is restarted, with the current time used in the filename.

sh500
27-07-20, 12:57
I am attaching the log just before a hard restart was performed.

sh500
28-07-20, 10:45
So for the moment disable the automatic EPG download and do it manually when powered on - and see if that makes a difference

Had it disabled overnight and no crash this morning.

ccs
28-07-20, 10:56
... I couldn't see anything wrong in the debug log, but I'm no expert.