PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Hub Remote sensitivety

micks_address
24-07-20, 09:19
Hi folks,

Using Harmony remote hub and the remote is a little jumpy. I've messed with upping inter key delay and its a little better but still not as smooth as id like. I think on the duo i had before i put a bit of black tape in front of the IR sensor as they are too sensitive or something? Anyone else have issues/solved using harmony remote with vu?

Cheers,
Mick

ccs
24-07-20, 09:43
Mine (2 types) work fine on a vu, default settings for the timing bits, but I don't have a hub.

Trial
24-07-20, 10:02
Hi,
my 5 hubs are working also without problems. I cannot compalin about default settings. What was your problem for your experiments with inter key delay?

Ralf

micks_address
24-07-20, 10:17
hi - issue is over sending commands i think. so when i click into a menu.. sometimes two commands are sent.. so it will have selected a sub menu item before i have a chance to select another.. if scrolling through lists if i hold down the up/down arrows it sometimes won't stop where i expect.. usually over jumping the target. its not terrible. in settings i have inter key delay at 100 ms. have tried variations of 200, 300 and doesnt make much difference

micks_address
24-07-20, 10:22
Think i might have sorted the issue by changing Command repeats setting - it was at 3, setting to 2 seems to have helped

ccs
24-07-20, 10:22
What have you got button repeats set to, mine is 3 (the maximum) and works ok.