PDA

View Full Version : Expired Sky Card? FTV?

BrianTheTechieSnail
11-07-20, 16:35
Is there any way I can use an expired red Sky viewing card to view the few, well very few, remaining FTV channels that are not FTA now on my Zgemma H7S?
(London Live and Yesterday+1 and maybe something called Insight, or has Insight gone now?)

urie
11-07-20, 16:58
I cant see insight on sky as for yesterday you can get that on freesat and freeview.

BrianTheTechieSnail
11-07-20, 17:24
Is there any way I can use an expired red Sky viewing card to view the few, well very few, remaining FTV channels that are not FTA now on my Zgemma H7S?
(London Live and Yesterday+1 and maybe something called Insight, or has Insight gone now?)

Oh and 4Music is I believe still only FTV rather than FTA.

BrianTheTechieSnail
11-07-20, 17:30
I cant see insight on sky as for yesterday you can get that on freesat and freeview.

Insight is, or maybe was Sky 451.

Yesterday+1 on Freeview is a joke. Only transmits "teleshopping" for a couple of hours in early morning as far as I can see.

abu baniaz
11-07-20, 18:27
You need to install oscam ("latest" will do), transfer attached configs to /etc/tuxbox/config (these work on a white card, and should also do a red one. Otherwise you will have to add boxkey). See forums threads about sky red card 0960.

Blue > softcam manager >
Ensure oscam-latest is set to auto start, will be indicated with a tick, and then start it.

You may have to wait for the card to get valid entitlements.

BTW, there are ABM hacks to treat FTV services as FTA, you will need to update them as the list is from 2016
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=408659&viewfull=1#post408659

Leeds TV
Liverpool TV
Birmingham TV
Bristol TV
Cardiff TV
Tyne & Wear TV
London Live
4Music

BrianTheTechieSnail
12-07-20, 17:44
Not working with the old red card.
Adding a fake boxid to oscam.server seems to get it interacting with the card but not working.
I guess it might spring to life if I wait.
I will see if I can acquire a white one at a good price.

psul
13-07-20, 08:53
If you can get access to an old sky box, put card in and connect to dish and router, do new installation via menu and card will activate.

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

Willo3092
13-07-20, 13:06
I've just dug an old white sky card out of the loft and it is clearing Yesterday +1 using oscam.
These are the configs that I downloaded from elsewhere:

.... and 4music clears, can't find Insight?

abu baniaz
13-07-20, 14:31
Insight stopped transmitting

Willo3092
13-07-20, 16:54
I'm quite happy with Yesterday +1 to be honest.
I knew I'd kept my old jtagged Pace box for a reason :)

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 01:13
BTW, there are ABM hacks to treat FTV services as FTA, you will need to update them as the list is from 2016
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=408659&viewfull=1#post408659

Well simply updating that to:

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv_IDs = [

5537, # Leeds TV
1016, # Liverpool TV
1078, # Birmingham TV
5315, # Bristol TV
5536, # Cardiff TV
5043, # Tyne & Wear TV
5090, # London Live
1758, # 4Music
2615, # YESTERDAY +1
]

for number in customised["video"].keys():
if customised["video"][number]["channel_id"] in ftv_IDs:
customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] = 0
elif customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] == 1:
del customised["video"][number]

]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>

and putting it in "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom" and doing an ABM scan didn't seem to do anything at all.

What am I doing wrong?

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 04:58
Okay. Got it now.
1) I sorted the channels at the top in to order of their IDs, probably didn't need to.
2) In ABM Sky UK provider I set FTA only to off.
The sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file then sets the listed channels to FTA, I think, (they're actually FTV), and removes all other non FTA channels.

A white Sky card is in the post to me.
I'll be able to test soon.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 12:39
Yes. Works well with white card.
I presume it would work with the red one if it had been paired with a real sky box and I knew the boxid for it.
For the record this is the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file I used:

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv_IDs = [

1016, # Liverpool TV
1078, # Birmingham TV
1758, # 4Music
2615, # YESTERDAY +1
5043, # Tyne & Wear TV
5090, # London Live
5315, # Bristol TV
5536, # Cardiff TV
5537, # Leeds TV
]

]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>

No amazing new channels so realistically probably hardly worth the £9 I paid for the white card, but I learnt a lot doing it.

ronand
14-07-20, 13:46
but I learnt a lot doing it.

Well worth the 9 quid - you can't put a price on that sort of training. Keep it up/

Willo3092
14-07-20, 14:39
No amazing new channels so realistically probably hardly worth the £9 I paid for the white card, but I learnt a lot doing it.

I watch Yesterday a lot so being able to get the +1 is a real bonus for me.
I've only just realised that @abu baniaz had posted oscam config files :o
If I read things properly I could have saved myself some effort there!

abu baniaz
14-07-20, 14:52
I watch Yesterday a lot so being able to get the +1 is a real bonus for me.
I've only just realised that @abu baniaz had posted oscam config files :o
If I read things properly I could have saved myself some effort there!

Two heads better than one! I added for both card reader slots though.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 15:39
It was interesting to see two different sets of oscam files, though I did use Abu's set. Well he was first after all.

Yes Yesterday+1 is probably the ace in the pack.
Lately I'm quite into their "Abandoned Engineering" series.
I occasionally watch some of the reruns of old stuff on 4Music and it's nice to have that at the higher bit rate and resolution on satellite compared to Freeview.
London Live isn't a bad channel either. I could probably get it on Freeview if I had my own aerial and didn't have to use the filtered feed provided by the landlord.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 20:51
Drat. I've found a problem. Setting the ABM Sky UK provider to "FTA Only"="no" means my autotimers sometimes set timers for channels that are neither FTA or FTV which then don't work!
I had an autotimer to record a certain film the first time it was on any channel and it chose Film4 HD which it obviously won't be able to record.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 21:29
Not sure what to do now :(

Has ABM (and more importantly whatever runs the code in the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file) got access to the list of channels that autotimers search through?
If so can I delete the subscription channels from that list too in the elif part in the code in sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml ?

adm
14-07-20, 21:58
Not sure what to do now :(

Put all the channels you can record from into one or more bouquets of your own.

Then, limit autotimers just to look in those bouquets.

Each autotimer has a restrict to specific bouquets setting.

ronand
14-07-20, 22:02
Are you getting the autotimers to search all channels? Thats madness. When creating an autotimer do it from the epg and set it just to scan that particular channel unless you have good reason to do otherwise.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 22:15
Are you getting the autotimers to search all channels? Thats madness. When creating an autotimer do it from the epg and set it just to scan that particular channel unless you have good reason to do otherwise.

And if I have no idea what channel will show it next?

ccs
14-07-20, 22:18
And if I have no idea what channel will show it next?

Do programmes really move around that much? EPG search will give you some clues.

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-07-20, 22:42
As I said it was a film. That autotimer has been set for several weeks now so, no I didn't know for sure which channel it might come up on next.

ronand
14-07-20, 23:56
Autotimers are generally for recurring programs. Thats not to say you cant use it for what you are trying to do but sometimes a bit of human intervention is required. Youvcan limit the search to certain channels/bouquets to try and eliminate the possibility of film4 hd etc.

Sort out the bouquets first and you should manage it. You should be able to switch the sd for the hd channel. Personally I set up my bouquets manually with just the channels I want. Takes time but its worth it.

BrianTheTechieSnail
15-07-20, 00:57
Autotimers are generally for recurring programs. Thats not to say you cant use it for what you are trying to do but sometimes a bit of human intervention is required. Youvcan limit the search to certain channels/bouquets to try and eliminate the possibility of film4 hd etc.

Sort out the bouquets first and you should manage it. You should be able to switch the sd for the hd channel. Personally I set up my bouquets manually with just the channels I want. Takes time but its worth it.

If autotimers were just for recurring programs why make them search all channels when no channel or bouquet is specified?
If autotimers are just the way to do recurring programs why do recurring ordinary timers exist?

ronand
15-07-20, 10:12
I never said autotimers are JUST for recurring programs but GENERALLY.

A recurring "ordinary timer" is a completely different thing. Once it is set the times/channels cannot vary so unless it is something like the 6 o'clock news that doesn't change times it won't be very useful. The autotimer is a different beast and will search the epg on a prefined basis for the search parameters of your choosing. The more info/constraints you give it the better it performs. You have instructed it to search ALL CHANNELS for a particular movie. The fact that it returns with FILM 4 HD which you can't view is not a fault of the software - its operator error for not excluding that channel. To prevent that happening you need to set up bouquets of channels you can actually view and restrict the search to those channels. If you can't see the logic in that then I can't say any more to you.

BrianTheTechieSnail
15-07-20, 11:54
But before I added the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml and set the ABM Sky UK provider to "FTA Only"="no" it worked without any of that fuss.
I don't think I'm stupid to try and look for a way to fix the adding of FTV channels so that it doesn't have annoying side effects.
So please, I have enough ways of working round the annoying side effects now, lets only have suggestions for an actual fix from now on.

Willo3092
15-07-20, 12:27
You've already had the fix, just setup the default action for autotimers to only search in bouquets with channels that you can actually view.
Easy to setup your own favourites bouquet with a favourites.xml file.

BrianTheTechieSnail
16-07-20, 04:20
Okay, looking through lots of files on the OpenVIX github (and other related ones) has failed to give me enough understanding to devise a neater method.

To do this with bouquet(s) I don't think I need to make new bouquet(s).
The Sky all channels bouquet already has the undecryptable (is that a word?) channels removed so I can use that.
I'll also look in to removing unwanted channels (poor signal, adult content, whatever else) from that bouquet, and from the Freeview all channels bouquet.
I think I can do that in the ABM CustomMix files too.
There's a example removing Freeview channels here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...#post475139 (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=475139&viewfull=1#post475139)
But it didn't work 100% right for me when implemented on satellite when HD swap was enabled.

BrokenUnusableAccount
04-12-20, 01:42
Yes. Works well with white card.
I presume it would work with the red one if it had been paired with a real sky box and I knew the boxid for it.
For the record this is the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file I used:

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv_IDs = [

1016, # Liverpool TV
1078, # Birmingham TV
1758, # 4Music
2615, # YESTERDAY +1
5043, # Tyne & Wear TV
5090, # London Live
5315, # Bristol TV
5536, # Cardiff TV
5537, # Leeds TV
]

]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>
FWIW YESTERDAY+1 is now FTA so it doesn't need to be in the ftv_IDs list anymore.

littlejim
23-05-22, 20:31
Latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml for removing encrypted channels except for FTV that can decoded by expired white sky card:

<custommix>
<hacks>
<![CDATA[

ftv_IDs = [
# 1150, # FreeSports HD
# 1758, # 4Music
5090, # London Live
5536, # Local TV (5536 was Cardiff TV)
]

for number in list(customised["video"].keys()):
customised["video"][number]["free_ca"] = 0 # Mark those in Ftv_IDs as FTA
del customised["video"][number] # Remove remaining encrypted ones
]]>
</hacks>
</custommix>

24-05-22, 10:14
AFAIAA, 4music has been FTA and not FTV for quite a long time.

littlejim
24-05-22, 15:28
AFAIAA, 4music has been FTA and not FTV for quite a long time.

Yes. That line is commented out, along with FreeSports HD.
I guess I should really have removed them completely.