PDA

View Full Version : Kodi playback issue

bigtruck1
07-07-20, 03:48
Hello everyone I have all the latest software ect installed. I have kodi set up but every time I try to play a video from it it is just very laggy stuttering and won't play. Ive tried everything I possibly can. Does anyone know how to fix this please I would really appreciate the help thank you

bigtruck1
07-07-20, 03:49
Sorry was supposed to say I have the Mutant HD51 also please help thanks

bigtruck1
07-07-20, 14:52
Can anyone please help me I feel like the only person in the world with this problem. There is absolutely nothing mentioned of a fix for this anywere on the Internet I’ve tried everything an it’s really annoying me now. Guessing everyone here kodi is fine on there enigma2? Thanks

abu baniaz
07-07-20, 23:26
If I remember correctly, there are two modes the receiver works in, one is good for PIP, other for Kodi. Have you tried both?

bigtruck1
08-07-20, 01:39
Hello Abu first of all thank you very much for the reply mate. I honestly have no idea what PIP means sorry if I’m being daft here ha. How do I change between modes. I’m honestly confused an fed up trying to solve this I’ve been trying my best for 2 weeks it’s unreal. I can play videos fine in e2iplayer and YouTube ect. But on kodi literally nothing will play at all my resolutions are all set to max 1080 ect thanks for the reply again mate I appreciate it a lot if you could help me further to get it sorted I’d be very grateful thanks

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 02:48
In the restart menus, it should offer you two options. It is a long time ago since I had an hd51, so you will have to excuse vague answer.

BTW, most downloaded video files should be playable using media player in enigma2, obviously depends on codec and drivers on box.

bigtruck1
08-07-20, 10:44
Hello Abu yes I’ve just tried the Pip mode also and it runs exactly the same 😤 Media player is that a plugin that I need to install? I can’t see it on my plugins list in extensions

bigtruck1
08-07-20, 11:02
I’m thinking it could have something to do with kodi trying to use my internal flash memory to run instead of my HD. I’m not sure if this is the case just thinking it could be an option is this possible thanks

Willo3092
08-07-20, 11:11
I only use Kodi to play local files and have no problems. Have you tried using a different media player?
Installing serviceapp from system plugins will give you the option to use exteplayer or gstplayer.

bigtruck1
08-07-20, 11:42
Hello Willo thanks for the reply mate. Yes I’ve got serviceapp installed an I’ve tried using both exteplayer3 and gstplayer and both are just they exact same mate. I’ve checked my settings to make sure I have it set to 1080p ect an everything looks perfect in settings just can’t get anything to play at all thanks

bigtruck1
08-07-20, 14:24
Well it looks like I’ve figured the problem out. I did not know that 720p was the maximum quality allowed to be played though Kodi on enigma2. I was trying to play 1080 links which doesn’t look like is possible thanks for the reply and help anyway

Trial
08-07-20, 18:15
Hi,
720p is imho only the GUI. Playback should be able to do more if the STB supports it.

Ralf

copex
08-07-20, 19:04
i have the same issue, Ive never found a fix, 17.6 worked fine and so did the first release of 18 but around march it stopped playing 1080p and 720p 265 can be hit or miss.

bigtruck1
09-07-20, 01:43
Thank god it isn’t just me with this problem I honestly felt like they only person that’s ever experienced it. It’s crazy isn’t it Copex can’t think of any reason why the box won’t play 1080 like as it’s supported all the way to 4K. Must be a software error in kodi for enigma or something if it used to work on the older version. Yer noticed that a few 720s still don’t play good but 9 tiles out of 10 there good. Let me know if you ever find a fix mate hopefully the next release will have this sorted thanks

copex
09-07-20, 18:48
i put it down to lock down, the first release of 18 would stream 4k with out issue and 1080p work with out issue, i put it down to network congestion as i have never see any one posting about the issue i presumed it was juts me.

bigtruck1
10-07-20, 01:32
Ha same here mate thought I was the only person in the world with the problem can’t see anyone else anywere on the Internet saying they’ve had the same problem it was driving me nuts. Good to know there is someone else out there knowin the frustration ha. Hopefully they can get it sorted soon must be a software issue

Mikel62
13-07-20, 12:58
I’ve been using image 5.2.045 with kodi 17.6 and works a dream
But latest image doesn’t like kodi at the moment and the last three updates haven’t sorted it too but happy with version 5.2.045

Mikel62
16-08-20, 11:53
I’ve been using image 5.2.045 with kodi 17.6 and works a dream
But latest image doesn’t like kodi at the moment and the last three updates haven’t sorted it too but happy with version 5.2.045

and also found that kodi 18.7 is eating the ram memory, i have kodi installed on hdd
streams play fine for around 5mins then start to stutter and then the box just locks up,before playing a stream within kodi the ram size is around 600mb but after 5mins of streaming the ram size goes down to 70mb and box just freezes and locks up so looks like a kodi issue in 18.7 as 17.6 works perfectly

my receiver is the zgemma h9 twin with 1gb of ram and 8gb of flash

Andy_Hazza
16-08-20, 12:06
tbh, Kodi isn’t really suited for e2 boxes. You are much better off using a dedicated media box for Kodi, a much better user experience imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazbailey
16-01-21, 23:15
and also found that kodi 18.7 is eating the ram memory, i have kodi installed on hdd
streams play fine for around 5mins then start to stutter and then the box just locks up,before playing a stream within kodi the ram size is around 600mb but after 5mins of streaming the ram size goes down to 70mb and box just freezes and locks up so looks like a kodi issue in 18.7 as 17.6 works perfectly

my receiver is the zgemma h9 twin with 1gb of ram and 8gb of flash

Just been doing a bit of testing and have exactly the same problem. I have gone back to an old version of VIX 5.2.025 which is running KODI 17.6. No problem there. Tried recent versions of VIX including 5.4.004 - same issue as you described. Plays OK for 5 mins but then locks up.

taiger
01-01-22, 19:45
Just been doing a bit of testing and have exactly the same problem. I have gone back to an old version of VIX 5.2.025 which is running KODI 17.6. No problem there. Tried recent versions of VIX including 5.4.004 - same issue as you described. Plays OK for 5 mins but then locks up.

I have almost same issue with all the latest bells and whistles, OpenVix 6.0.004(OE-Alliance 5.0) And Kodi 19.3
I'm not able to start playing a move it sort of caches kodi or then it locks so not responsive anymore before power reset.
Starting kodi and navigating menus and viewing what movies are on the HD works fine.
But even to push the shutdown button on kodi to close the plugin locks up the receiver so that power reset is needed.

Kodi is a fantastic tool to view the movie posters and all looks more "professional" with that.
Is there some other plugin that could show movie posters or IMDB information about recorded movies on the HD?

I'm using a Vu+ Uno4K

ccs
01-01-22, 19:48
Select a recorded movie in movielist, then menu gives you the imdb search option.

Joe_90
01-01-22, 22:48
The IMDB search option even works from the EPG or the current programme you're watching live.

As regards Kodi on these sat boxes, it's very much a compromise whether you get a good experience. I use a dedicated media box (Odroid N2+) for Kodi and it's excellent. I've tried running Kodi on my mutanthd51 a couple of times but I have always found it unstable. Your mileage may differ:D