PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Auto Timers and Channel 4 HD

CRMS
06-07-20, 16:50
Just a query on Auto Timers. I want to set auto timers for the F1 season highlights on Ch 4. The TV programme title changes each weekend. Last weekend was F1 Austrian GP Qualifying.... and F1 Austrian GP Highlights and next weekend is Styrian instead of Austrian. And so forth each weekend with the GP name. If I edit the titles and delete the country info, will the auto timers still find the programmes??

And as the times of highlights vary depending on when the event actually took place, I think I can widen the timespan to cover the likely times??

Also, can't find Channel 4 HD??

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
06-07-20, 17:36
You will only get Channel 4 HD EPG using ABM with Sky UK FTA as your Provider, not Freesat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
06-07-20, 18:12
Just a query on Auto Timers. I want to set auto timers for the F1 season highlights on Ch 4. The TV programme title changes each weekend. Last weekend was F1 Austrian GP Qualifying.... and F1 Austrian GP Highlights and next weekend is Styrian instead of Austrian. And so forth each weekend with the GP name. If I edit the titles and delete the country info, will the auto timers still find the programmes??

And as the times of highlights vary depending on when the event actually took place, I think I can widen the timespan to cover the likely times??

Also, can't find Channel 4 HD??

Thanks.

Assuming satellite
Ch4 HD is not transmitted on Freesat
It is still transmitted on SKY FTA (Free to Air)
You can configure AutoBoquetmaket for Sky FTA rather than Freesat
You will then also need to tune into Sky "IEPG data 1" to get the 7 day EPG over the air (search the forum posts for recent posts on IEPG , perhaps using EPG refresh)

adm
06-07-20, 19:30
Just a query on Auto Timers. I want to set auto timers for the F1 season highlights on Ch 4. The TV programme title changes each weekend. Last weekend was F1 Austrian GP Qualifying.... and F1 Austrian GP Highlights and next weekend is Styrian instead of Austrian. And so forth each weekend with the GP name. If I edit the titles and delete the country info, will the auto timers still find the programmes??.

Go to F1 StyrainGP Qualifying, highlight it and press blue to add an Autotimer
In the next screen
Untick Exact match
Untick Match timespan
Untick Only on weekday
Press green to save

In the next screen
Highlight description and click OK - edit it to say F1
Highlight match title and click OK - edit it to say F1

Search type = partial match
Search strictness = case insensitive search

In this case F1 and a partial match search of any program on Ch4 Ch4(HD) is almost 100% guaranteed to be motor racing

Press green to save

This will pick up both the F1 qualifying on Sat and the F1 highlights on Sunday and all the programmes in the future with F1 on Ch4, when they enter the EPG.

Don't widen the timespan just disable that setting. Future timers will get the start and stop times from the EPG. Its the same with days - you may find that the live race is 1am on Monday and not Sunday so disbale day of week - the autotimer doesn't care it just looking for a "F1".

By the Way. If you want to start again with an autotimer you can go to menu -> timers -> autotimers -> highlight the autotimer -> yellow to delete -> follow options in sub menu that pop up -> PRESS GREEN AGAIN TO SAVE THE CHANGES YOU HAVE MADE TO THE AUTOTIMER LIST

birdman
07-07-20, 02:02
This is what my AutoTimer for it has. Seems to work....

<timer name="F1: Full/Highlights" match="F1" enabled="yes" location="/media/hdd/movie/Sport/" searchType="start" searchCase="sensitive">
<serviceref>1:0:19:4500:4083:233A:EEEE0000:0:0:0:</serviceref> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<exclude where="title">Build Up</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Reaction</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Replay</exclude>
<exclude where="title">Qualifying</exclude>
<include where="dayofweek">6</include>
</timer>

CRMS
08-07-20, 15:55
Assuming satellite
Ch4 HD is not transmitted on Freesat
It is still transmitted on SKY FTA (Free to Air)
You can configure AutoBoquetmaket for Sky FTA rather than Freesat
You will then also need to tune into Sky "IEPG data 1" to get the 7 day EPG over the air (search the forum posts for recent posts on IEPG , perhaps using EPG refresh)

Ok I want to get Ch4HD on satellite. I've looked at https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-downloader-28-2-only and the video but not a lot wiser.
Can a simple guide like the 28.2 please be put in the Guide section??

Andy_Hazza
08-07-20, 16:03
All you need to do is select Sky UK FTA (free to air) as mentioned before. So basically ditch Freesat as the provider you are using and select Sky UK. Simples.

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 16:03
Are you talking about bouquet or EPG?

CrossEPG downloader does not touch your bouquets/channel lists.

CRMS
08-07-20, 17:37
All you need to do is select Sky UK FTA (free to air) as mentioned before. So basically ditch Freesat as the provider you are using and select Sky UK. Simples.

Yes, got the Sky bit. But the bit about IEPG?? Or does that happen automatically??

CRMS
08-07-20, 17:38
Are you talking about bouquet or EPG?

CrossEPG downloader does not touch your bouquets/channel lists.

Whatever I need to get CH4HD on a satellite??

Andy_Hazza
08-07-20, 17:41
Yes, got the Sky bit. But the bit about IEPG?? Or does that happen automatically??

Just use CrossEPG if you are happy with using that to grab your EPG. FYI some boxes don’t pull in the CH4 HD epg for some reason which I find a bit weird.

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 17:55
You need to accept the difference between EPG and bouquets. otherwise you will go around in circles. You cannot get EPG for a channel you do not have.

Do you have a bouquet/channel list/ channel group with channel 4 HD?

adm
08-07-20, 17:56

I use EPGRefresh

menu -> setup -> epg -> epg refresh
Refresh EPG automatically = yes
Probably leave the rest at default

Press Blue (Edit Services)
Editing = channels

Press Blue (New)
Press Green (Satellites)
Select 28.2E Astra

Scroll down to IEPG data 1 (the list is numeric/alphabetic)
Select IEPG data 1
Back in the EPGrefresh screen press green to save/scan/quit - the EPG will be fetched in the background over the air assuming.....
menu -> setup -> EPG -> settings
Enable EIT EPG = yes
Enable Freesat EPG = yes
Enable OpenTV = yes

I get all my epg for SKY FTA and Freeview TV over the air and don't download it from the Internet.

Others may post with slightly different settings for EPGrefresh but the above works for me.

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 18:02
All the talk about EPG when the person does not have the channel in his bouquets/lamedb is not ging to help the OP.

Can we assist him to do his channel list to include channel 4 HD first, then deal with EPG acquisition (by whichhever method) later?

adm
08-07-20, 19:02
All the talk about EPG when the person does not have the channel in his bouquets/lamedb is not ging to help the OP.

Can we assist him to do his channel list to include channel 4 HD first, then deal with EPG acquisition (by whichhever method) later?

The OP implies he has Ch4 HD but got lost with a reference to IEPG.

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 19:13
Can we please wait for him to confirm his bouquets has channel 4 HD before we advise him on how to deal with EPG? I am pretty certain he doesn't have it.

We are all trying to help him, but best we do in stages that apply to him.

CRMS
08-07-20, 22:27
I haven't yet got Ch4HD and I am trying to get it. As in my first post.
Doesn't really matter how I can get it.
I understand the difference between an EPG and Bouquet.
So a simple video guide, like the others on the OpenVix pages, going through the EPG/Bouquet/IEPG etc would be super.
Or even a PDF guide.

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 22:31
Please do not mention EPG again until your bouquet issue is solved.

How are you making your bouquets?

abu baniaz
08-07-20, 23:05
There are two options for you to get channel 4 HD in your bouquets if you are using AutoBoquetsMaker.

Option A.
Do not use Freesat as the provider in ABM (this was mentioned twice already in this thread). This is because Channel 4 HD is not part of the Freesat package.
Instead, select Sky UK. The important thing is that for the FTA only question, say yes.

Option B.
Continue to use Freesat as the ABM provider and add/use customisations

1. Manually scan the transponder that has Channel 4 HD first
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59314-Channel-4hd-freesat&p=500084&viewfull=1#post500084
2. Transfer the xml file that will add the customisation to the Bouquets created by ABM. You must run ABM agian after transferring files so that bouquets are made using it.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=472107&viewfull=1#post472107

Please say which option you wish to use and confirm once you have a bouquet containing Channel 4 HD. In my opinion, it is important we just deal with the bouquet issue for now and stay away from any reference to EPG.

CRMS
09-07-20, 16:39
OK some progress thanks.

I managed to connect GB to PC via LAN and copied the .xml file to the folder. And did the manual scan. Both 4-7 and 4HD have now appeared. In the All Channels bouquet 4-7 is at 127 but 4 HD at 1000. It would be quite handy to get it at 126??
In the last scanned bouquet they are 5005 and 5006.
I also found settings in OpenWebIf to add channels to bouquets - so I added 4HD to various bouquets. No idea if that is correct??

And does Freesat from Sky have any great advantage and does it need a viewing card??

Andy_Hazza
09-07-20, 16:42
You are making hard work of this, you really are.
Sky UK FTA offers much more channels than Freesat. Just try it, nothing to lose!
No viewing card is needed.

abu baniaz
09-07-20, 16:52
please post a screenshot of the ABM providers page.

CRMS
10-07-20, 07:39
>You are making hard work of this, you really are.
Probably. Having come from a Humax Freesat box and while I can appreciate the flexibility of Openvix, it is incredibly geeky. Great if you have a long term understanding. But otherwise quite a learning curve. Even a simple glossary is missing - eg what is the difference between lamedb and lamedb5??

>Sky UK FTA offers much more channels than Freesat. Just try it, nothing to lose!
Yes - but probably just likely more dross??

No viewing card is needed.
Thanks. Another topic I read on Sky mentioned a viewing card. Just shows how much trawling around one can do to just get misinformation!!

adm
10-07-20, 08:10
Probably. Having come from a Humax Freesat box and while I can appreciate the flexibility of Openvix, it is incredibly geeky. Great if you have a long term understanding. But otherwise quite a learning curve. Even a simple glossary is missing - eg what is the difference between lamedb and lamedb5??

99.9% of users with a working system have never needed to ask the question because they haven't had to go that deep into the system. It is possible to get what you wanted from just using the GUI. How would someone have got CH4 HD on a Humax Freesat box now that the channel has been removed from the Freesat line-up/EPG?

>Sky UK FTA offers much more channels than Freesat. Just try it, nothing to lose!

Yep a lot more dross but also some channels you may want and you don't have to include the dross in a favourites bouquet.

CRMS
10-07-20, 08:14

>No viewing card is needed.
Thanks. A forum topic I read on Sky freesat mentioned a viewing card. Just shows how much trawling around one can do to just get misinformation!!

CRMS
10-07-20, 11:00
>How would someone have got CH4 HD on a Humax Freesat box now that the channel has been removed from the Freesat line-up/EPG?

Following the Arris Freesat box guidance - probably simpler than OpenVix!! But Freesat has to be retuned afterwards.

https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/04/23/how-to-add-channel-4-hd-to-your-arris-uhd-x-freesat-box/

And the difference between lamedb and lamedb5??

And to get Ch4HD on 126, I put the .xml at https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=472107&viewfull=1#post472107

into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

But still shows as Channel 1000 after a reboot??

adm
10-07-20, 11:23
>How would someone have got CH4 HD on a Humax Freesat box now that the channel has been removed from the Freesat line-up/EPG?

Following the Arris Freesat box guidance - probably simpler than OpenVix!! But Freesat has to be retuned afterwards.

https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/04/23/how-to-add-channel-4-hd-to-your-arris-uhd-x-freesat-box/

:) Yep much easier than just saying no to Freesat and yes to Sky FTA :) And, having to know the frequency, symbol rate etc. etc. is not geeky :)
Doesn't the Humax box only provide a now/next EPG for channels scanned that way which is a bit of a pain if wanting to record the current seasion of F1 on HD when future timings of the broadcast are unknown?

And the difference between lamedb and lamedb5??

No idea but I have CH4 HD with a 7 day over the air EPG without having to touch those files.

Have you now got CH4 HD working in the way you want? If not which bit would you still like some help on.

CRMS
10-07-20, 12:14
This bit please - so I get more understanding how it should work:

"And to get Ch4HD on 126, I put the .xml at https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post472107

But still shows as Channel 1000 after a reboot??"

Or should that .xml be pasted into another file??

dsayers
10-07-20, 12:31
This bit please - so I get more understanding how it should work:

"And to get Ch4HD on 126, I put the .xml at https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post472107

But still shows as Channel 1000 after a reboot??"

Or should that .xml be pasted into another file??

After sending CustomMix you need to rescan ABM

CRMS
10-07-20, 13:19
Thanks for that - but sending I assume is pasting into the custom folder??

And the reason for the Freesat tangle is 2 fold - I'm used to Freesat and the first OpenVix video guide is Freesat ABM!!
So I assume delete bouquets and start again with Sky UK ABM??

ccs
10-07-20, 13:39
Post #19 gives you 2 options, Sky UK or Freesat, you appear to be mixing them up, it's one or the other.

BrianTheTechieSnail
10-07-20, 15:24
Yes.

Or if you really want to keep the Freesat channel numbering system because you already know it you could choose Freesat as your first provider in ABM and Sky UK (with FTA only set to yes) as the second one.
That way you could use the Freesat numbers for the channels that are on Freesat and for all the other stuff you the Sky numbers, plus, probably, 1000 (or maybe 2000 or 3000 etc. depending if other Freesat sub-section bouquets enabled).

Thus 106 would be BBC 1 HD (it's Freesat number), 104 would be Channel 4 (from Freesat numbers again) and 1104 would be Sky 104 which is channel 4 HD.

But I'd suggest changing to the Sky numbering system is probably the more straightforward way to go in the end.
You may even find some of the extra channels are of interest.

CRMS
10-07-20, 16:42
Brilliant. Rescanned ABM and got Ch4HD at 126. So thanks for the patience. How often should I scan the ABM?? I guess it is only required if a channel/service gets added/deleted or altered??
I read one guide that said daily. But what is another view??

So, something to think about is changing to Sky UK. I've looked at the Channel list and I can't say anything must see has jumped out, but need to have a better comparison.
Although running 2 ABMs is new - can't say I've read that anywhere.
So if I do switch, pse confirm I should delete everything first that I can find in ABM and EPG menus??
Then run Sky UK ABM, then EPG, say CrossEPG.

abu baniaz
10-07-20, 18:35
ABM creates/updates its bouquets per your selection whey you run/execute it. There is no need to delete ABM bouquets prior to rerunning it. The only thing you need to be aware of is that the bouquet are cached by Enigma2, so you need to select a different one first to see changes to your bouquets.

May I suggest you enable "add provider prefix to bouquet name" in ABM menus if you are running two providers.

You don't need to run ABM every day. Tuesdays and Thursdays is fine for UK satellite users. No harm if you run it every day.

BrianTheTechieSnail
10-07-20, 18:41
So, something to think about is changing to Sky UK. I've looked at the Channel list and I can't say anything must see has jumped out, but need to have a better comparison.
Although running 2 ABMs is new - can't say I've read that anywhere.
So if I do switch, pse confirm I should delete everything first that I can find in ABM and EPG menus??
Then run Sky UK ABM, then EPG, say CrossEPG.

As far as I know you just need to say no to the provider(s) you no longer want and say yes and set the options as you want for the provider(s) you do want.
Maybe you need to do 'Delete ABM bouquets', couldn't hurt anyway.
Then run an ABM "scan" to make the new bouquets.

As to how often you need to do a scan. I don't think it really matters.
I just occasionally manually do 'Update provider files' followed by a scan.
Maybe someone else can advise.

Also I didn't really follow how you got channel 4 HD as channel 126, and maybe 'Upddate provider files' would mess that up?

abu baniaz
10-07-20, 19:03
He has not enabled the swap option in Freesat provider. When he does, 104-126 swap will occur.

abu baniaz
10-07-20, 20:33
it is incredibly geeky. Great if you have a long term understanding. But otherwise quite a learning curve. Even a simple glossary is missing - eg what is the difference between lamedb and lamedb5??

Only a geek would know/ask this. Most users do not FTP to their receivers and inspect contents.

As you have asked..
The services on the receiver are saved in the lamedb file. Presumabley, db was somoene's acronym for database. There have been different versions of lamedb where different functions get added. Version 4 is the one that everyone uses at the moment. lamedb5 is the next version, but usage of it has not been implemented because of how other plugins etc will interact with it. It is written to, but not used by enigma2 to do anything. If you compare the files, you will see benefits of it from user point of view.

The biggest hurdle to make Enigma2 images as simple as possible is that there is no set/fixed usage. The receivers are used in different countries where each provider does what they want in terms of adhering to the DVB standards. Forget countries, just look here. Sky uses 0101 for radio and 101 for TV. They don't care as they charge the manufacturers licence fees to use propriety software. The simplest demonstartion of this: Channel 4 HD is Free to Air on 28.2, but it is not part of the Freesat package.

CRMS
10-07-20, 23:31
>Only a geek would know/ask this. Most users do not FTP to their receivers and inspect contents.

Unbelievable. Lamedb and lamedb5 are in the Crossepg Configure menu setup options with no explanation. No ftp required. I only tried go ftp as users on this forum mentioned doing it.

Just to connect to a WLAN requires geekiness. Just about every PC, tablet and phone connects with 2 items - a network id and password. OpenVix requires fiddling around on a menu with 6 options and 5 lines of numbers etc.

I appreciate all the effort that many people put into open software, but the documentation is poor. It is clear that those in the know think everyone else will have an inate understanding as soon they switch OpenVix on. It is not the case.

BrianTheTechieSnail
11-07-20, 00:14
He has not enabled the swap option in Freesat provider. When he does, 104-126 swap will occur.
Er, sorry, I meant where on earth does the number 126 come from?
But now I realise that it's probably just the first unused number in the Freesat numbering scheme.

abu baniaz
11-07-20, 00:32
>but the documentation is poor.
Please write better ones

>It is clear that those in the know think everyone else will have an inate understanding as soon they switch OpenVix on. It is not the case.
many guides have been written, admittedly they are not upto date.

None of the guides have mentioned changing those. You don't even need CrossEPG downloader. CrossEPG was written for several distros and also to allow fetching EPG for services not in use. Again, we would appreciate you updating the documentation.

abu baniaz
11-07-20, 00:39
Er, sorry, I meant where on earth does the number 126 come from?
But now I realise that it's probably just the first unused number in the Freesat numbering scheme.

Freesat removed Channel 4 HD in 2018 because they didn't want to pay the money. Those were the two numbers that they had used so we used the vacated one again. I am afraid we did not have bright sparks around to suggest number we use for hacks, sorry if the decision making falls short of any expectations out there.

Channel 4 HD which has not been on Freesat since 22 February 2018. You don't need to use ABM, you can make your own bouquets and use your own numbering system.

BrianTheTechieSnail
11-07-20, 03:18
"It's the number channel 4 HD used to be on Freesat" would have sufficed.

CRMS
11-07-20, 07:43
I did offer to have a go at a glossary. But was shot down in flames as there were different systems!! But a glossary is just explaining all the terms. Which I thought would be a help for newcomers. I've certainly learnt much in the last few weeks.

CRMS
11-07-20, 08:02
>Er, sorry, I meant where on earth does the number 126 come from?

As far as I can tell:

1. 126 was the old CH4HD Freesat number, with Four7 on 127.
2. The customMix.xml file tells ABM to use 126 for CH4HD. https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples&p=472107&viewfull=1#post472107.

Now the obvious question, to me, is why is the customMix.xml required for Ch4HD/126 but not Four7 which just appeared on 127 after scanning the transponder?? Perhaps the code is already dormant in the ABM??

I've got to where I want to be without all the answers!!

ccs
11-07-20, 09:00
.... Four7 is SD not HD.

CRMS
11-07-20, 09:35
>... Four7 is SD not HD.

Yes, I knew that but as on same transponder thought it appeared with Ch4HD. Apologies for my error.