PDA

View Full Version : Widget for displaying channel numbers

markus625
05-07-20, 10:06
This might be a stupid question but is there a widget for displaying the channel number in infobar and channelselection etc as i want to display this separately, cant seem to find it in other skins.

bellejt
05-07-20, 10:09
in standard skin just activate in menu.Now you can even show picon when switching channels by channel number

markus625
05-07-20, 10:29
Sorry just to clarify, I'm developing a skin and I'm looking for a widget to just display the channel number in the channel selection screen, I know you can get it on the list but this is not what I want

markus625
05-07-20, 11:40
This is whats available for the infobar screen
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="menubackground" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="#ffffff" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>

just wondered if theres something similar in the over epg screens.

simonc
06-07-20, 19:44
Can you use source="Service" same as is used for rendering the picon for the selected service?

markus625
06-07-20, 20:32
I tried that and nothing was displayed just a black box of color

Does the render="channelnumber" has something to do with it.

Just seems like this was missed out of enigma for some reason when we can have a picon on every epg screen but no channel number.

markus625
06-07-20, 21:33
we can use this to show the name and reference but not channel numbers <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert> <convert type="name">Reference</convert>

<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="105,105" size="396,89" font="Regular;33" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="menubackground" valign="center" halign="right" zPosition="20" transparent="1">
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>

abu baniaz
06-07-20, 21:48
Are you selecting in a mode that has numbers? provider/satellite does not have numbers

markus625
06-07-20, 21:57
Not sure what you mean abu, all im saying is that you can use a widget in post 4 that shows the channel number in the infobar screen but as far as i know theres no mechanism to show it in the other screens unless its in a list etc,

abu baniaz
06-07-20, 23:02
Enigma2 does not have numbering.

If you select the Channel 4 from the terrestrail/provider/all channel list, there will be no number. If you select it from a bouquet, there will be a number.

Following is from Pli full night HD for the infobar template

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="foreground" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>

markus625
07-07-20, 08:00
Enigma2 does not have numbering.

If you select the Channel 4 from the terrestrail/provider/all channel list, there will be no number. If you select it from a bouquet, there will be a number.

Following is from Pli full night HD for the infobar template

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="foreground" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>

Yes I understand that and the code is the same widget in post 4, it works in the infobar to display the current selected channel, I won't work in the other epg screens where you scroll thru the channel list or guide.
As far as I'm aware there's no converter for this.

simonc
12-07-20, 19:33
You might need to experiment with ChannelNumber.py a bit. It seems to use a different criteria for when to fire the changed event. This is what most other places use:

if what[0] != self.CHANGED_SPECIFIC or what[1] in (iPlayableService.evStart,):

Or you can try using ServiceName2, but this inserts a delay of 200ms before rendering channel numbers, which looks rubbish.

<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="120,63" size="100,60" font="infobar2;46" foregroundColor="maincolour" backgroundColor="menubackground" halign="left" valign="center" transparent="1" zPosition="2">
<convert type="ServiceName2">Number</convert>
</widget>