PDA

View Full Version : My VixBMC_1080 skin modification

thecaretaker
04-07-20, 00:23
Thought I'd share the small modifications I've made to the VixBMC_1080 skin. The infobar show all tuners A up to H (red if in use) on my Ultimo4K and shows signal & screen resolution (See screenshot below).

I don't confess to be any programmer, but it works for me and thought others who use this great skin might find it useful.

Back up the original files (or rename them) and replace them with the 2 attachments.

Willo3092
04-07-20, 10:03
Did you know that you can make changes and modifications to a skin by creating a skin_user.xml file and saving it to /etc/enigma2/ ?
This will override the original skin files with your changes and it saves having to do it again if the skin is updated during a software update.

Because it's located in /etc/enigma2 it will be automatically included in a settings backup.
I've copied your mods into the attached example to give you an idea.
Nice job though, I like it :thumbsup: It's nice to have a faff with some of the older skins.

thecaretaker
05-07-20, 07:16
I didn't know that. Thank you, that will be useful. Cheers! :sofahide:

thecaretaker
05-07-20, 08:25
That highlighted a slight error I'd made in the original. I forgot to remove the left arrow. It is fixed now.

thecaretaker
09-08-21, 19:22
Well, I've been tweaking this skin for my own use for what seems like years now. I thought I'd share my final work with you.

This alters the infobar and second infobar layout. I also remove any PVR screens so that my music videos just play randomly without any details showing on screen. I've added a font replacement to ensure subtitles work correctly which didn't in the original ViXBMC_1080.

Add the ViXBMC_1080 from the plugin feeds, replace the files below and refresh the GUI.

Download the modifications needed HERE: 62475

I've cleared the second infobar to just show the now and next programme information (Wife didn't want all the other clutter on that screen lol).

The main info bar shows SNR, AGC, SCR and Tuners in use. It also shows the sound type, 2.1 or 5.1 sound, the video codec, size 4:3 or 16:9, video size and a record/no record icon. I've also added a calendar and clock icon next to the date and time.

thecaretaker
18-03-22, 04:22
It's been a while, but continued tweaking. Here is my current VixBMC_1080 skin modification.

The display/skin display/skin_display_templates.xml file fixes an overscan issue on my VU+ Ultimo4k when displaying Picons in full screen. You might not need that file.

The ViXBMC_1080/fonts/Raleway-Channel.ttf fixes an issue with showing subtitles with the original skin.

I've included an alternative user file which adds a Openvix update icon which flashes if an update is available. As there is an issue with the latest update not working, my default user skin now replaces that with a freesat logo.

I've included the 400x200 picons that I use, many of which I have made myself. (I can't remember where I got the original picon set from).

All the changes just effect the infobar1 and 2 screens.

I hope you enjoy the changes. Just unzip the folder add or replace the existing files on your satellite box using ftp then do a GUI restart or reboot.

EDIT: The skin now shows 4K video resolutions (see image) and their associated 4K icons at the top of the infobar.

kamaxx
27-08-22, 10:55
@thecaretaker,

I deeply want to thank you and ask some questions

Can we squeeze channel name? I attached a picture that shows channel name is overflow and crushing
Meanwhile, I cant see Tuner signal bar as exact %percentage

Do you have any oher skin workshop?
For example; I like halo skin and Maybe We need some modification?

Greetings;
kamaxx