PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please with Zgemma H9S

telveskid
01-07-20, 01:00
Hello everyone ,

I am a newbie and i need help

Recently purchased a new Zgemma H9S and i am stuck big time, Iam trying to install a Softcam via openatv however i am having no joy watsoever.

I have inserted a IPK file via DCC and have installed via IPK installer on the box but i cannot create a softcam panel and therefore not softcam option to open in the menu.
I was expecting a Softcams section to appear after downloading plugins but nothing there i must being doing something wrong somewhere can anyone help.

Kindest Regards

Apologies for if i have breached any forums rules:confused:

BrianTheTechieSnail
01-07-20, 02:14
Maybe:

Menu / Setup / Softcam

I think that's what it is with OpenVIX.

Never tried it myself.

telveskid
01-07-20, 06:54
Thanks for reply but no such luck am sure i will sort it at some point

Regards

ronand
01-07-20, 08:31
Try installing the Openvix image - unlike openatv the softcams are in the plugin feeds

telveskid
01-07-20, 12:42
Thank you for your reply,It seems that softcams cannot be loaded directly to a OpenATV image but only through a plugin such as Dreambox Explorer already installed on the reciever.
Its all a learning curve, patience is required and i am will get there eventually

Regards

abu baniaz
01-07-20, 12:54
No, that is not correct.

OpenATV does not have installable softcam plugins to avoid issues in countries with strict laws on these. ViX did not have softcams on the server either until a few years ago.

I will post instructions on how to install the server later tonight

1554leslie
01-07-20, 19:28
Connect to putty and copy and paste the command prompt line below and restart GUI on the box. Go into the plugin feeds-softcams will be installed and you can download the one you require.

wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash