PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] VIX running very slow

stilt147
28-06-20, 14:12
Hi, Im new to VIX and have just downloaded the image. I went through the setup, done an automatic scan and then used autobouquets maker to setup freesat HD.

However when I change channels, the spinner in the top corner starts going and it takes 20s or more for the channel to change. Same when I exit the epg. Also when I put the unit to or from standby. In other words everything is in slow motion. When i access menu items it seems to work as ok.

I previously used Wooshbuild but it started crashing all the time. The image looks great but the way it is at the moment it is just unusable. I wonder if anyone has an ideas of how to fix this.

I am a non-techie and relative beginner so please be patient with me.
Many thanks in advance.

Andy_Hazza
28-06-20, 14:15
What plugins have you installed? Have you installed IPTV onto your Vu+ Solo2? Where are you saving your EPG data to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 14:17
Welcome to the forum.

If you enable debug logs, Menu> Setup > System > Logs
Restart to take effect, repeat issue so it is logged, then FTP log file from receive ( home/root/logs) and upload to forum, we can then have a look. If yo u have IPTV, remove sensitive details.

BTW, there was no need to perform a scan then run ABM. ABM on its own for 28.2 is fine.

Have you got picons on the mechanical HDD?

stilt147
28-06-20, 14:29
I havent installed any plugins aside from those that came with the image. On checking the EPG settings the EPG location is set as internal flash. I should also have said that I have a 1TB internal hard disk in the box. Also I installed picons when asked during the installation.

ccs
28-06-20, 14:30
Set the epg location to be the hd.

stilt147
28-06-20, 14:47
Im uploading the log files as requested

bellejt
28-06-20, 14:48
and maybe picons in memory instead of HDD

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 14:57
< 362.5368> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error
< 366.6982> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error
< 370.8602> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error

Disable timeshift for now and reboot. Do you still get the problem?

FYI:
You are not prompted to install picons at FIW, just asked to show them in channel list

stilt147
28-06-20, 15:01
Set the epg location to be the hd.

Ive done that, alas it hasnt seemed to make any difference.

stilt147
28-06-20, 15:10
< 362.5368> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error
< 366.6982> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error
< 370.8602> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift /media/hdd/timeshift// statfs failed: Input/output error

Disable timeshift for now and reboot. Do you still get the problem?

FYI:
You are not prompted to install picons at FIW, just asked to show them in channel list

It seems to be already disabled

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 15:22
Put receiver into deep standby, physically disconnect the HDD and reboot.

stilt147
28-06-20, 15:27
Put receiver into deep standby, physically disconnect the HDD and reboot.

The HDD is within the box, id have to take the box apart. The HDD seems to work ok, my recordings are still accessible. I'd rather only start opening the box as a last resort.

Andy_Hazza
28-06-20, 15:52
5 little screws to take the casing off, not a major job imo and also rules another potential problem if it is the HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 15:57
Yes, I know it is in the case. You have to eliminate issues, form what I can see, it is probably an issue with the HDD. Instead of formatting/initialising it, easier to disconnect it. You can leave it in case, just remove power/sata cable.

If you look at your log using a linux compatible text editor like notepad++ (not windows notepad), that timeshift issue keeps recurring. You said timeshift is disabled, but it is in the log. Unless you are pressing pause before changing channels.

stilt147
28-06-20, 16:18
Ok guys, I'll try that and see what happens

stilt147
28-06-20, 16:35
Unplugged the HDD and the channels now change instantly as you would expect. No more delays or spinner in top left

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 17:02
There should be a way to check the disk for errors and fix them on the box, I don't know how to do it.

How many recordings do you have on it? If nobody suggests a way to check/fix errors, you may have to initialise/format the HDD after you backup your recordings.

stilt147
28-06-20, 17:11
There should be a way to check the disk for errors and fix them on the box, I don't know how to do it.

How many recordings do you have on it? If nobody suggests a way to check/fix errors, you may have to initialise/format the HDD after you backup your recordings.

I have quite a few recordings on the disk unfortunately and I'd hate to have to initialise it and lose them. It's strange because the disk worked ok on Wooshbuild and more recently when i used OpenPLI. I just found that image very hard to configure and nowhere near as intuitive or nice to use as this openVIX. Just wondering if there is anything else I could try.

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 17:17
Did you have an opkg folder on your HDD?

Edit:
Or /var/opkg on hdd too?

stilt147
28-06-20, 17:37
Did you have an opkg folder on your HDD?

Ive plugged the HDD back in to see but I don't see an opkg folder as one of the main folders unless its a sub folder within something else.

stilt147
28-06-20, 17:39
Ive plugged the HDD back in to see but I don't see an opkg folder as one of the main folders unless its a sub folder within something else.

Sorry there is an opkg folder within the etc folder

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 17:46
I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping

stilt147
28-06-20, 18:14
I was asking about HDD.

Can you upload the file called "settings" located in /etc /enigma2 You will have to zip it before uploading it. Please check it for any email addresses or usernames before zipping

I've attached the settings file in zip as above. Also I've looked through the folders and there is also an opkg folder at /media/hdd/var/lib if thats what you meant.

abu baniaz
28-06-20, 18:27
Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.

Comparing the settings file:

Mine
config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.

stilt147
28-06-20, 19:01
Good work. I have not seen this documented, but from my experience, if there is an opkg folder on the hdd, the items listed in that folder get installed without prompting. I am guessing a plugin is listed and being installed.

Can you delete the folder on the hdd, and reflash? do not restore settings after you restart. You may need to stop enigma2 with "init 4" if the folder on the hdd is in use. That whole var folder on HDD should go.

Comparing the settings file:

Mine
config.usage.allowed_timeshift_paths=['/media/hdd/timeshift/']

Yours
config.usage.timeshift_path=/media/hdd/timeshift/

I have not enabled it, nor have you, so I am not sure how we have different values. But lets see how it goes if you reflash.

I deleted the whole VAR folder as you suggested and reflashed the image. Unfortunately the problem still persists. Really annoying whatever this cause is. Thanks for your efforts by the way, challenging this one, strange.

bellejt
28-06-20, 19:05
check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain

stilt147
28-06-20, 19:16
check the HDD on faults and do you yse picons that are on the HDD ? That could explain

There is a picon folder at /media/hdd which contains a number of png images which I assume are picons. As regarding checking the HDD for faults, I'm not quite sure how id go about that without removing it from the box and plugging it into my laptop. It has however worked with other images until I flashed openVIX so I assume its ok.

bellejt
28-06-20, 19:43
in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better

stilt147
28-06-20, 20:15
in openvix there is a setting to check the HDD also. I think your HDD starts every time you change channel for reading the picon.Maybe delete the picons as test to see if it goes better

I tried to delete the picon folder using filezilla but it won't allow it - "Response: 550 Remove directory operation failed."

bbbuk
28-06-20, 20:37
Personally, I would FTP to your HDD and start copying over things you need to save (like things you've recorded, etc). Just in case really more than anything.

With HDD connected and TimeShift disabled, you could putty/telnet into your box and manually run check disk.

Think it's something like:
init 4
umount /dev/sda1 (where /dev/sda1 is mount location of your hdd)
e2fsck -p -c -f /dev/sda1

stilt147
28-06-20, 20:43
I also tried to do a filesystem check on the box and and got an unreadable error message. Now the movie folder with my recordings has now disappeared also. I can no longer access my recording on the box with the remote - I just get a blank page. Although that has solved the problem of everything running slow, although I hope I haven't permanently lost my recordings.
Also when I try to record now I'm getting message that disk is full.

bbbuk
28-06-20, 20:57
Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?

stilt147
28-06-20, 21:03
Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?

Sorry yeah I posted before I'd seen your previous post. Disk has been in box for around 5-6 years. Might have to remove it now and see if can use some data recovery software to retrieve the videos unless anyone has any idea what do to now, cheers. I had about 500GB of vids on it.

It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,

bbbuk
28-06-20, 21:27
It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure

stilt147
28-06-20, 21:38
Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure

No of course not lol, you may well be right. I notice that the timeshift folder is still there and the epg is still set to /media/hdd. I'm just wondering if I have done something to accidently delete the movie folder or if some setting or other needs changed. I'm a relative beginner at this as the previous images I used I never had to tinker with anything.

bellejt
29-06-20, 09:35
is your HDD mounted ?