PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] Setting up Power button

Clemente
27-06-20, 20:34
Hello, I'm a new Openvix image user. Just installed it yesterday in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I like it! Very good and stable image. Just a little clarification please. I'm attempting to change Power button function. Default settings are: short press = Standby, Long press = Standby menu. I leave Long press unchanged, but I would like set Short press to Deep Standby to immediately shutdown the box as I press this button. So, Menu > Setup > User interface > Button setup, then I press Power button shortly and I select Deep Standby, finally Green to save. It seems all OK, but when I short press Power, a little menu is displayed in which I can select between Standby and Deep Standby, so no immediate shutdown is performed. Maybe any mistake in my procedure? Thank you.

PS: Have you any plan to support Dreambox receivers in the future? I have one DM920 too, and it would be very nice to test your image in it.

adm
27-06-20, 21:17
Hello, I'm a new Openvix image user. Just installed it yesterday in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I like it! Very good and stable image. Just a little clarification please. I'm attempting to change Power button function. Default settings are: short press = Standby, Long press = Standby menu. I leave Long press unchanged, but I would like set Short press to Deep Standby to immediately shutdown the box as I press this button. So, Menu > Setup > User interface > Button setup, then I press Power button shortly and I select Deep Standby, finally Green to save. It seems all OK, but when I short press Power, a little menu is displayed in which I can select between Standby and Deep Standby, so no immediate shutdown is performed. Maybe any mistake in my procedure? Thank you.

PS: Have you any plan to support Dreambox receivers in the future? I have one DM920 too, and it would be very nice to test your image in it.

Alternative method: Leave the power button as it is so a short press puts the box immediately into standby. Configure a Power Timer to put your box into Deep Standby if the box is in Standby for x minutes.
menu -> timers -> power timers -> press green to add.
Timer type = auto deepstandby
Only active when in standby = yes
Sleep delay = user configured minutes to wait after box goes to standby
Repeat type = repeated

This delay gives you the opertunity of starting the box immediately if you accidently press the power button by mistake which you cannot do for a minute or two if the box is going into deep standby.

Clemente
27-06-20, 22:27
Thank you adm for your advice. I did not see that. Well, GREAT IMAGE! Thank you again.

ccs
04-10-20, 18:55
Bit of a highjack, I know, but a similar topic and hardly worth a new thread.

Any chance of long press tv and long press radio being added to button setup?

I use radio via my harmony remote to get to deep standby, but long press radio would be so much better (and give me an extra key.)

There's a commit here, which has already done the work...

https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/commit/bd55c0c244222ac24000aded4702ecdc3f46e10c

I'd setup a PR myself if I could manage/have the courage to do it (I've read Creating pull Requests (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60570-GitHub-Creating-pull-requests&p=478899&viewfull=1#post478899)), but it would take too long, and anyway, I don't think I would cope it it were rejected.:p

CRMS
04-10-20, 21:48
I use long press standby to go into deep standby. As well as long press Guide to download EPG. And short press red Giga button to bring up signal strength. In a boat, I have to set up the dish every time we move.

ccs
04-10-20, 21:55
I haven't got a power button on the harmony remote(s), so have to improvise. I've 2 types of harmony, so it gets a bit complicated.

... and some of the keys on the harmonies don't long press either.