PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Decoder mute

GiP
25-06-20, 12:10
Hi,

it happened three or four times in the last month...

Usually when I am pressing buttons quickly (so maybe I pressed a wrong one), the decoder goes on "mute".
The decoder, not the TV (I didn't even know it was possible), the usal speaker with X logo appear in the top
left corner and the "mute" button still mutes and un-mutes the TV but I couldn'find a way to un-mute the STB
either in the help or in the menus.

The only way was Deep stand-by and restart (usual stand-by doesn't work).

Is there a button or sequence of b. for that?

Thanks,

G

abu baniaz
25-06-20, 12:18
Are you saying pressing Volume + or mute on your box remote does not work?

ccs
25-06-20, 12:31
I suspect he's configured the remote to control the tv using the volume/mute buttons.

OpenWebif has a remote which would allow you to reset the volume on the stb.

Can't imagine how the VU got muted in the first place, unless a button has been reconfigured to do it, perhaps?

GiP
25-06-20, 12:44
Are you saying pressing Volume + or mute on your box remote does not work?

They both act on the TV, as they should.

G

Stanman
25-06-20, 12:44
If your using a programmable remote afraid no fix imho.

I use harmony and it does happen couple of times a month and it's the remote not box.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk

GiP
25-06-20, 12:48
I suspect he's configured the remote to control the tv using the volume/mute buttons.
Yes.

OpenWebif has a remote which would allow you to reset the volume on the stb.
I don't think I have ever used OpenWebIf. If it is a solution I'll try it. Is it ON by default?

Can't imagine how the VU got muted in the first place, unless a button has been reconfigured to do it, perhaps?
I didn't think it was possible either. I have couple button reconfigured but nothing to do with Audio.

G

abu baniaz
25-06-20, 12:48
They both act on the TV, as they should.

G

Default is to control box only. Remote may have been reprogrammed or it is a HDMI CEC setting that has been set.

As above, change volume/unmute in openwebif. Enter the IP address or hostname of your receiver in your web browser on phone or PC.

ccs
25-06-20, 12:54
You need to connect to your VU using a pc, use the ip address or name as the URL, Openwebif will then appear.

It looks like this muting problem is rare, but does happen.

Have you a spare button you could configure in ViX to mute/unmute? A long press option should be easy to find.

EDIT: Probably not such a good idea, I don't think mute is an option in button setup.

GiP
25-06-20, 12:57
Default is to control box only. Remote may have been reprogrammed or it is a HDMI CEC setting that has been set.

As above, change volume/unmute in openwebif. Enter the IP address or hostname of your receiver in your web browser on phone or PC.

OK, next time I'll try WebIf

Thanks,

G