PDA

View Full Version : Kodi issue

lqqk1964
24-06-20, 16:28
Hi,
New to this world but I followed the guide to install the plugin for Kodi but when I try to watch anything it crashes and kicks me back to the plugin screen. I've googled and all I can find is someone on a Kodi forum with a SF8008 that did the same fixed it by disabling Hiplayer and another user confirmed this. How do I disable Hiplayer?

lqqk1964
24-06-20, 19:12
OK if this isn't practical does anyone know where I can get the Kodi 18.6 plugin as this allegedly works.

ccs
24-06-20, 19:26
What version are you using, because I reckon the latest version is 18.7?

lqqk1964
24-06-20, 19:33
The plug in I have is for 18.7 but it loads seaarches etc but as soon as it should start to play it kicks me out to the plugin menu. As originally stated I trawled the internet and saw a couple of people who had this problem with this box and they cured it by disabling Hiplayer but as I can't find out how to do this another "cure" I've seen is to use version 18.6.
Cheers

twol
24-06-20, 20:04
Hi,
New to this world but I followed the guide to install the plugin for Kodi but when I try to watch anything it crashes and kicks me back to the plugin screen. I've googled and all I can find is someone on a Kodi forum with a SF8008 that did the same fixed it by disabling Hiplayer and another user confirmed this. How do I disable Hiplayer?

So when were these posts? There was an issue about a year ago which was fixed by new drivers

lqqk1964
24-06-20, 20:16
OK found Hiplayer and turned it off now working fine. Its found in Kodi settings(cog)/player/video. scroll down on the right hand side and toggle allow hardware acceleration - HiPlayer to off.