PDA

View Full Version : Vix images

icemen
21-06-20, 16:02
I was looking to flash my box with latest vix image as im having some freezing issues with iptv. So though give a fresh flash a go to see if that fixes the bugs. I went into image manager then dowloads. Shows three types of images openvix, openatv and openpli. Are they all owned by vix? And can someone explain the difference. I always used openvix.
Another thing is from the downloads do you just download the image on the box and flash from there or do you have to download onto a usb and plug into box and flash the old school way? As looking at the openvix images it has usb in the title made me think.
Thanks

Andy_Hazza
21-06-20, 16:05
No they are all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
21-06-20, 16:30
Download image of your choice and then hit blue button to flash image

icemen
21-06-20, 19:58
What are the main differences? Between these three images?

BrianTheTechieSnail
21-06-20, 22:19
As I understand it they are all developed from/using enigma2 but by different groups with different ideas on what to add to the basic enigma2 idea and on what hardware to support.
You could try an image from a different group but I think you'd have to re-learn how to use it to some, probably not to great, extent.

Later: I found this explanation: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/faq-frequently-asked-questions-enigma2-openvix see answer 3 What is Enigma 2 firmware / image?