PDA

View Full Version : Updating from an old image

fatbob46
20-06-20, 10:21
I am trying to update from Helios 16 to the latest version. I have tried to flash from usb and all seemed to go ok, but its still on Helios.
Do I have to do anything special to update from such an old image or should I keep trying?
Thanks.

cactikid
20-06-20, 10:35
Cant even remember that name but would think it would need to be setup from scratch.
Recheck your usb is formatted to fat32 first and extract image to usb max size 8gb.
No other usb devices plugged in and usb inserted into rear when powered off.
Check the flashing guide for starting the flashing process.
Bad usbs box wont take the image and leaves old image on box.
Cruzer,Integral,Kingston 8gb all work for me.

Andy_Hazza
20-06-20, 10:47
I am trying to update from Helios 16 to the latest version. I have tried to flash from usb and all seemed to go ok, but its still on Helios.
Do I have to do anything special to update from such an old image or should I keep trying?
Thanks.

You could try using Image Manager. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager.
* You will need to FTP the image over from your PC to your Receiver to be able to use Image Manager. The image needs to be zipped when you transfer it over.
* Also is your Solo2 genuine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbob46
20-06-20, 10:55
Thanks, I unplugged the rear usb and the hard drive first, and the display saw the update and appeared to flash it.
Maybe I should restore to factory first then try again.
I am doing the update because when I try to access the hard drive the box crashes.
It also says the box is not connected to the internet if I try an online update although a network check reads ok and I can cotrol the box from my computer.

Edit/ yes genuine box from w.o.s

Andy_Hazza
20-06-20, 10:56
Read Post #3, that is your better method to flash your receiver, if it is genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbob46
20-06-20, 11:06
Thanks, I'll try that.

fatbob46
20-06-20, 11:14
Thanks! that worked pefectly.