PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] settings erased afer switching of from mains

18-06-20, 22:34
Got this problem with cache flush and hdmiCEC, installed both and setup them as i want all works fine until i switch the box off from mais over night.
on chache flush the plugin its completed switched off and on hdmiCEC the (use tv remote control) option is turned off.

Note: both option are turn on and working before i switch the box off from mains.

openvix 53.034 - VU DUO2 and Xtrend 8500

cactikid
18-06-20, 22:56
You dont need Cache flush on either of those boxes,i never power off at mains as box needs its power to do things and i just use remote.Powering it off might put it into default setting but unsure as i dont use it.

abu baniaz
18-06-20, 23:00
Do you just turn the electrical supply off after placing receiver into standby or use the menu on receiver to put it into deep standby. Note that second method has the word "deep".

18-06-20, 23:39
Do you just turn the electrical supply off after placing receiver into standby or use the menu on receiver to put it into deep standby. Note that second method has the word "deep".

standby first with remote control, them mains

abu baniaz
18-06-20, 23:47
That is wrong way of doing things. You have to put in deep standby before removing power.

standby and deep standby are separate functions.

18-06-20, 23:50
That is wrong way of doing things. You have to put in deep standby before removing power.

ok will try and see how it goes. thanks

18-06-20, 23:53

Just to add this only happens if i leave it over night, if i just turn it off from power button and back on all is okay

abu baniaz
18-06-20, 23:58
Describe what you mean by "turn off from power button"

19-06-20, 00:02
Describe what you mean by "turn off from power button"

the power swtch at the back of the receiver

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 00:07
That is also wrong way of doing things.

Just to repeat, shut it down (deep standby), then turn off the rocker switch.

Or set a power timer.

19-06-20, 00:11
That is also wrong way of doing things.

the diference is that ones changes and the other keeps witch is strange, but will do the deep standby today and report back tomorrow. thanks

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 00:14
Technically, your title is wrong. The issue is settings are not saved. It is not to do with erasing. This is because the file called "settings" in /etc/enigma2 is not written to if you just cut the power.

19-06-20, 00:21
Technically, your title is wrong. The issue is settings are not saved. It is not to do with erasing. This is because the file called "settings" in /etc/enigma2 is not written to if you just cut the power.

shouldn't settings be saved even if i disconnect the receiver from power? like plugins, language and others??

looking at the settings file

cache flush looks ok

config.plugins.CacheFlush.enable=True
config.plugins.CacheFlush.free_default=8192
config.plugins.CacheFlush.scrinfo=False
config.plugins.CacheFlush.sync=True
config.plugins.CacheFlush.uncached=2

hdmiCEC missing the (use tv remote control) option

config.hdmicec.control_receiver_standby=True
config.hdmicec.control_receiver_wakeup=True
config.hdmicec.control_tv_standby=False
config.hdmicec.control_tv_wakeup=False
config.hdmicec.enabled=True
config.hdmicec.handle_deepstandby_events=True
config.hdmicec.tv_wakeup_detection=wakeup

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 00:27
No. .

19-06-20, 00:31
No. .

this means that if for any reason i need to disconnect the receiver form power i need to re do this again??

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 00:48
I have said it more than once already, before disconnecting power (pull wire or operate switch) you must put receiver into deep sleep. This is power off.

You wouldn't just pull the cable out of your PC would you?

There are several threads on forum repeating same thing. It is the same on all images.

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 00:54
Sorry, not you on PLI. My mistake.

abu baniaz
19-06-20, 01:23
Menu, Standby and Restart, Deep standby

or

Long press of power button, Deep standby.
(not sure how this will work if not using receiver remote)

adm
19-06-20, 08:30
Got this problem with cache flush and hdmiCEC, installed both and setup them as i want all works fine until i switch the box off from mais over night.
on chache flush the plugin its completed switched off and on hdmiCEC the (use tv remote control) option is turned off.

Note: both option are turn on and working before i switch the box off from mains.

openvix 53.034 - VU DUO2 and Xtrend 8500
A cache suggests a temporary volatile store of information which means that something (software) has to mange it BUT this software needs to know when the power is about to be removed. Putting a box just into standby does not tell the box that power is about to be removed. In fact it tells it the exact opposite - it says I want all the information to be kept exactly where it is so the box can be operational in a fraction of a second after you press the on button on the remote.

If you are using the box(es) as a PVR actually switching off at the mains each night is not a good idea. I would recommend just putting the boxes into deep standby each night rather than switching them off. In deep standby the power consumption is less than 1W and cost less than £1 in electricity if you kept the box in deep standby continuously for a year.

I have a couple of power timers to help with this. One power timer puts my box into standby at 30 minutes past midnight each day and another timer puts the box into deep standby 10 minutes after the box going to standby. You can set a timer to immediately go into deep standby at a certain time but I use my method because often late at night I may not notice that the box is about to shut down as I'm playing on the computer and if the audio (radio channel) goes off I know it’s in standby and I can immediately resurrect it again before the 10 minute timer cuts in. I do have a third power timer to put the box into standby if its doing nothing for 2 hours (2 hours of not changing anything with the remote). All power timers give a on-screen warning so that you can cancel the action.

In fact electronics can be more reliable by not constantly removing power and leaving them running 24/7.

adm
19-06-20, 08:43
this means that if for any reason i need to disconnect the receiver form power i need to re do this again??

Perhaps you never allowed the box to save these settings? If you have always switched off the mains while the box has been almost fully powered on (in standby) the setting may not have been saved correctly. You need a controlled shut down to save some settings which you only get by putting the box into deep standby first.

Try configuring the plugins and then shutting down the box correctly BUT as others have said some of the functions that you are using are not required because your boxes have specifications far beetter than boxes that are more years old.

BrianTheTechieSnail
19-06-20, 13:05
I suggest you reboot the box after changing settings so that you're sure they get saved to disk.
Use the backup settings feature as well so you have more chance of restore them if losing power does happen to screw them somehow.