PDA

View Full Version : swap manager

icemen
18-06-20, 15:49
Hi

I was having issues with my IPTV where it was freezing after about a min viewing & you have to keep changing channel for it to work again. I was advised to add cacheflush plugin from extensions. I tried that & it didn't really help. Shall I just remove this or does it help keep system flash memory clean?
Then someone advised me to use swap manager as I have a 1tb hdd installed in my box. When you create it, give a choice of the swap file size. It only goes upto 256mb, why so little? Can you not choose a bigger size?

thanks

Andy_Hazza
18-06-20, 15:54
You do not need a swap file or the cacheflush plugin on a Solo2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemen
18-06-20, 21:28
Do you know what could be causing it? Running with xe plugin. Dont know if anyone can help?

Andy_Hazza
19-06-20, 08:36
Maybe due a complete re-flash and setup from scratch maybe?
Or it could be your IPTV has a lot of channels, have you tried disabling some sections you wouldn’t view?
Personally I’d still flash the latest image using Image Manager and setup from scratch with no restores etc, then setup your IPTV using Jedi Maker possibly?

icemen
19-06-20, 11:15
already got the adult disabled
plus on latest image 5.3.034
Reflash with no restores through image manager, i'll lose the xe plugin won't I? I will have to add again manually
Also with Jedi need m3u file, supplier only uses xe.

Andy_Hazza
19-06-20, 11:18
Nope, you can setup Jedi with DNS, User & Pass. Providers only allowing m3u files need their heads looking at.

Stanman
19-06-20, 18:22
IPTV freeze is going to be specific to the IPTV / your internet connection, especially if it's happening during a popular programme.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk