PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] ZGemmaH7s - How to make backup of one partition in OpenVix5.3

FlexMcMurphy
17-06-20, 22:05
I recently bought a ZGemma H7s from WoS. I have tried OpenATV and Pur E2 and am ready to settle now on OpenVix 5.3 with the Simple_Ten_Eighty skin.

ZGemma H7s has four parition slots and I am using all of them for OpenATV, Pur E2 and OpenVix. In OpenATV and Pur E2 it's easy to make a backup of an individual partition. I can even make a image backup of OpenVix from openATV or Pur E2.

I made an image backup in OpenVix but it backed up the entire box, the backup file name ended in ...mmc.zip and was 470MB. When I tried making a "backup" I got a very small file that I know is not an "image" that I could flash and restore everything to a single partition.

I don't understand how to make a full image backup of a single slot/partition from within OpenVix. Is it possible?

Cheers,

Flex

twol
18-06-20, 06:05
ImageManager should backup just the active partition

FlexMcMurphy
18-06-20, 13:06
Thanks twol. I haven't had a chance yet to try again today.. I thought I was using image manager correctly last night and it created an entire disk image backup, not just the active partition.

I found another thread about this topic on these forums..
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59064-Mutant-HD51-Unable-to-restore-image

It seems making an entire disk image was standard in Openvix image manager in 2018. Has that changed since then? So Openvix can backup just one partition in a multiboot system now.. like on the Zgemma h7s.

Cheers,

Flex

twol
18-06-20, 18:04
Thanks twol. I haven't had a chance yet to try again today.. I thought I was using image manager correctly last night and it created an entire disk image backup, not just the active partition.

I found another thread about this topic on these forums..
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59064-Mutant-HD51-Unable-to-restore-image

It seems making an entire disk image was standard in Openvix image manager in 2018. Has that changed since then? So Openvix can backup just one partition in a multiboot system now.. like on the Zgemma h7s.

Cheers,

Flex
Maybe I will have to look at it again, , but basically it produce a backup for usb flashing containing the active image and the disk inage which is why its big, you can still us this for online flashing for ImageManager