PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] How do you manually add a service to Favourites using the remote control on OpenVix 5.3?

killingtime
17-06-20, 14:17
Hello,

As the title, I'm trying to add some services (channels) that I've found on kingofsat.net, to OpenVix 5.3 using the remote control (Zgemma H7s). Is this possible (without searching for the service), and if so, how?

There are no instructions in the FAQ pages of WOS, and none in the latest OpenVix user manual (?).

I don't want to use a computer via the ethernet port if I can avoid it (not connected). New services are to go into the Favourites bouquet.

Thanks.

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 14:20
No.

To add a service to a bouquet, it must exist in the lamedb file. So, scan the transponder first. You will find the service in last scanned bouquet, or use the all list. You can then press menu while in the service list and then move/copy it to your bouquet with remote.

You are actually asking questions for two different processes. If you treat it as such, you will be fine. Even if the transponder is not listed in the satellites.xml file, you can manually enter the transponder details to scan.

killingtime
17-06-20, 15:46
Hello Abu,

Thanks for the reply. It's a shame you can't enter service parameters directly, but if searching a transponder is the only way, then that will have to do.

I've been running blind scans on all of the 3 Astra2 satellites to update the 'last scanned' list, with 'clear before scan' set to 'yes'. I then hunt the service down in 'last scanned' and menu -> add to bouquet -> favourites.

Some services give the 'sid not found in pat' message even after a blind scan. I don't know why this is. Service off line, or now encrypted, or the parameters are wrong.....it's a guessing game with such a generic error message. Some services are missing altogether from a transponder, which is why I wanted to enter them directly to see if that worked.

It could be that the websites which list all the satellite channel info are incorrect in some way and I'm searching for services that no longer exist.

I'll post another thread asking about the problem services, as it's off-topic.

Regards.

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 15:53
If you have a service that is not active, you will get the Sid not found in PAT. 5Spike on 28.2 is found even though it's not active.