PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] Front panel display, Green dot

GPL
17-06-20, 10:32
I have a query. There is a green dot that appears on the front panel display sometimes, in the top left when the machine is on and bottom right when it's in standby. Strange thing is, it's only there some of the time but I can't see any pattern to when it's there/not there. I recon it must be indicating something, but no idea what. Any suggestions?
One guy suggested it might be 'software update', but if so I don't know what this means or what I have to do (or how).

Trial
17-06-20, 10:38
Hi,
might be the indicator that there is an update available. I have no Uno so I cannot verify.

Ralf

GPL
17-06-20, 10:47
Hi,
might be the indicator that there is an update available. I have no Uno so I cannot verify.

Ralf

Thanks for the quick reply but apart from the recent update to 5.3.033 I have not downloaded any updates, and the dot is there/not there at various times, and since I bought the box (was on 5.2.042)
I thought it might be when my internet dongle is switched on (not on 'normal' broadband 'cos of no phone line), but I have checked and the dot can be there with or without the dongle switched on.

ccs
17-06-20, 10:56
It will be telling you updates are available (in this case 5.3.034), there's an option some where to disable the notification if you want to.

EDIT:

menu/setup/system/software update - Wait until it finishes, then press menu and set background check to no.

GPL
18-06-20, 11:35
Thanks both, I bow to your greater knowledge, but it doesn't explain why the dot is sometimes not there - even though the update is still available (perhaps it's the 'check every 24 hrs' I spotted in the settings). I'm getting braver by the day, thanks to the technical stuff you guys pass on, so have just done the update to 5.3.034 - and done settings & image backup.
I'll wait to see if the dot appears again, then check for a later update. TTFN