PDA

View Full Version : [TIVIAR-ALPHA+] 2nd tuner wont work

kb007
17-06-20, 10:18
this has been an issue from the 1st day.

But, I would just watch IPTV if the Tiviar + was recording. Its time to fix. So I assume with dual tuners you should be able to watch 1 channel and record another.

I have a loop cable connected from out to in. I've changed tuner A and B to same and loop through A but it doesnt allow watching 1 and recording another. I keep getting "Tune fail"

regards

dubrov
17-06-20, 10:30
What's the signal feed, satellite or aerial?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
17-06-20, 11:15
this has been an issue from the 1st day.

But, I would just watch IPTV if the Tiviar + was recording. Its time to fix. So I assume with dual tuners you should be able to watch 1 channel and record another.

I have a loop cable connected from out to in. I've changed tuner A and B to same and loop through A but it doesnt allow watching 1 and recording another. I keep getting "Tune fail"

regards

To allow to record one & watch another (on a different transponder) you need two satellite cables from the dish and one cable going into Tuner A & the other into Tuner B. Loopthrough is not your solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 12:26
What type of LNB do you have?

To which tuner is the signal wire from LNB currently connected?

What have you currently got tuner A set as? Please do not describe the past.

What have you currently got tuner B set as? Again, please do not describe the past.

kb007
17-06-20, 21:01
Sorry Satellite

from Open Webif:

Tuner A DVB-S2 G3 (DVB-S2)
28.2° E / BBC One HD
28.2° E / BBC One HD
Tuner B DVB-S2 G3 (DVB-S2)
Tuner C DVB-C NIM (MultiType DVB-C/T2)
Hard disk model: Seagate (FreeAgent GoFlex

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 21:07
Is it a Sky Q LNB or Sky HD/quad LNB
Look at the wire from the satellite dish, to which tuner have you physically connected it to?

kb007
17-06-20, 21:11
so the cable from the LNB goes into Sat tuner 1 IN and then tuner 1 out, I have a loop into Tuner 2 in.

then under menu, setup, tuners & scanning, tuner setup:

I currently have Tuner A - DVB-S2 G3 (DVB-S2) advanced Sat: 28.2E

Tuner B - same as A

but I think Ive tried each setting to setup tuner B

regards
Thanks

kb007
17-06-20, 21:12
OK so loopthrough could be my issue

abu baniaz
17-06-20, 21:24
Physically/real life:
Tuner B is not the same as Tuner A. You have a loop-through cable from tuner A, you do not have a cable from a 28.2 dish/lnb direct to tuner B.

Tuner configuration:
Tuner A: Set as simple, single, 28.2 ( you can still leave it as advanced, but best to simple)
Tuner B: Select "loop-through" from Tuner A . Please say if you do not see this as not all receivers have this.

Golden rule of tuner configuration is that it must match what is connected to the tuner.

kb007
18-06-20, 08:13
Physically/real life:
Tuner B is not the same as Tuner A. You have a loop-through cable from tuner A, you do not have a cable from a 28.2 dish/lnb direct to tuner B.

Tuner configuration:
Tuner A: Set as simple, single, 28.2 ( you can still leave it as advanced, but best to simple)
Tuner B: Select "loop-through" from Tuner A . Please say if you do not see this as not all receivers have this.

Golden rule of tuner configuration is that it must match what is connected to the tuner.

cool thanks
I have tried what your suggesting before and will try again......I do have a adapter that takes one sat cable in and has 2 out....will try and find it.

The Tiviar Plus manual does say loop through works......

appreciate the help thanks

dubrov
18-06-20, 08:27
cool thanks
I have tried what your suggesting before and will try again......I do have a adapter that takes one sat cable in and has 2 out....will try and find it.

appreciate the help thanksWhat's the LNB?

Normally you can't split satellite feeds like terrestrial feeds. If you need a second feed, you generally need another cable direct from the LNB to the receiver.

cactikid
18-06-20, 08:28
One does not use use splitters on sat boxes,better off using a second feed cable direct to second tuner then you will have the ability to record on 1 tuner and view on the other.

ronand
18-06-20, 09:13
cool thanks

appreciate the help thanks

A terrestrial splitter will not work. Also loopthrough may not do what you think it does. It will probably only allow you to use the same quadrant on the second tuner - better than nothing but nowhere nearly as good as running a second cable.

dubrov
18-06-20, 09:15
A terrestrial splitter will not work. Also loopthrough may not do what you think it does. It will probably only allow you to use the same quadrant on the second tuner - better than nothing but nowhere nearly as good as running a second cable.Even then, I don't think it provides anything extra as I believe a single tuner can allow you to view and record simultaneously from the same quadrant

Joe_90
18-06-20, 11:17
Even then, I don't think it provides anything extra as I believe a single tuner can allow you to view and record simultaneously from the same quadrant

A single tuner will only allow you to view and record simultaneously from the services on the same transponder. A second tuner looped through would allow you to tune a different transponder in the same quadrant (i.e. same band, same polarity) and then allow you to view/record from that transponder.

dubrov
18-06-20, 11:26
A single tuner will only allow you to view and record simultaneously from the services on the same transponder. A second tuner looped through would allow you to tune a different transponder in the same quadrant (i.e. same band, same polarity) and then allow you to view/record from that transponder.Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification.

So the loop through would add something

kb007
18-06-20, 11:43
Physically/real life:

Tuner configuration:

THANKS to all

I did the above and its working as this has been mentioned.....Tuner B doesnt allow me to watch every channel (as I had thought) I can watch some others. Im sorry I dont know what LNB is up there. But I might consider fitting a dual LNB and run a cable. But with IPTV is probably not going to happen.

But again thanks to all...at least its solved an issue that was bugging me. Manufacturer's shouldnt sell them as dual tuners it should be one tuner and a second limiter tuner. :D

dubrov
18-06-20, 11:45
THANKS to all

I did the above and its working as this has been mentioned.....Tuner B doesnt allow me to watch every channel (as I had thought) I can watch some others. Im sorry I dont know what LNB is up there. But I might consider fitting a dual LNB and run a cable. But with IPTV is probably not going to happen.

But again thanks to all...at least its solved an issue that was bugging me. Manufacturer's shouldnt sell them as dual tuners it should be one tuner and a second limiter tuner. :DConsider a unicable lnb. It would allow you to run two satellite feeds down a single cable and split it at the receiver

abu baniaz
18-06-20, 11:51
They are dual tuners. They need two separate cables direct from LNB, not using a splitter or loop through cable. Unless you use unicable LNB.

kb007
18-06-20, 14:54
Ok so unicable lnb is still one connector (so only need 1 cable) and then you use a splitter to create 2 connectors?

What would be the recommendation for living in SW of France with a standard dish? I guess 4K and better reception would be worth thing about.

regards

abu baniaz
18-06-20, 15:34
Unicable just allows you to "share/split" satellite signal. The rest is just the same as with any other LNB.

Reception:
You will have to look at the loss/sensitivty levels and compare what others have. A unicable LNB won't improve/reduce your reception because of the fact that it is unicable. That is down to how sensitive it is. As well as your dish size, location, alignment etc. If you are currently using any old LNB, any old Unicable LNB will work. If you are havingto use a really sensitive LNB, you ill have to research. Best to ask other users/installers in your area.

4K:
A Unicable LNB does not make a receiver 4k compatible. That is down to the receiver (although you can stream off it). There are other satellites that have more 4K transmissions. Not sure whether the Freesat 4K demo channel is worth the investment.