PDA

View Full Version : Oled and burn in issues, is there something in enigma that can help

markus625
15-06-20, 13:19
Thinking of getting a oled TV as upgrading our old TV and oled having the perfect color, apart from leds etc is there anything that can help with some of the stactic logos or tickers you get on channels like news etc so having an option of displaying a screen saver or a screen that can be skinned to hide the offending logo or ticker.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-20, 13:26
I have an LG OLED TV and don’t have those issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus625
15-06-20, 13:37
Super thanks ��

ccs
15-06-20, 14:17
...have you tried google, there are issues with burning, it just depends on your point of view :), I guess.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-20, 14:25
I’ve had mine nearly 5 years and no burning issues whatsoever. I have family & friends who have OLEDS too. I suppose like anything, it’s what you pay and which manufacturer etc.

Trial
15-06-20, 14:25
Hi,
OLED has burn in issues. If you have an OLED never switch it off with a real external power switch. Most OLEDs have some routines in the firmware to regenerate the display.

@Andy,
almost all OLED, better WOLED, in the last years where manufactured by LG so display is always similar the rest of the electronics makes the difference.

Ralf

Andy_Hazza
15-06-20, 14:27
OLEDS don’t have power switches, my LG doesn’t anyhow.

markus625
15-06-20, 15:02
Hi,
OLED has burn in issues. If you have an OLED never switch it off with a real external power switch. Most OLEDs have some routines in the firmware to regenerate the display.

@Andy,
almost all OLED, better WOLED, in the last years where manufactured by LG so display is always similar the rest of the electronics makes the difference.

Ralf

Yeh I had read that the lg oled runs a clean screen pattern when the TV is in standby after 4 hours of use, so important not to turn it off at the wall at night.

markus625
15-06-20, 15:08
The point I was trying to get over is that I'm Sure there is a screen for a permanant clock, it's possible you could activate this screen when required to mask out for example the yellow ticker on sky news etc

cactikid
15-06-20, 16:43
Might be too early to have issues on mine as about 6 months old, 55" sony bravia oled 4k and never on same channel long enough.

silverblack
15-06-20, 22:33
John Lewis now offer warranty for burn in under their accidental damage policy,think it's £150 for 5 years.

markus625
16-06-20, 18:40
Yeh I check the av forum regularly, there's some who get burn in and some dont, yes I've seen that about JL.