PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H9S] Hiding sections (abm)

adm
14-06-20, 14:40
Possibly something I haven’t noticed in using OpenVix for the past 6 years until I got a new Zgemma H9S on Friday and quickly set it up.

In ABM I selected Sky, FTA only and a main bouquet of all channels (no sections bouquet, no HD bouquet, and no swap channels)

I then, in ABM, went to Hide Sections and selected, amongst others, to hide the Plus 1 channels.

After an ABM scan I have a Sky UK – All channels bouquet but I note that I can still see all the +1 channels.

I’ve just checked on my ET10000 box and the Sky bouquet is the same, showing all +1 channels. I really haven’t noticed before because I usually only use my own “favourites” bouquet where I wouldn’t have included any +1 channels.

Is this the expected behaviour of the Hide Sections in ABM – at least for the +1 channels option?

ccs
14-06-20, 15:07
I haven't got the option to hide the +1 channels. :confused:

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 15:17
Have you refreshed your bouquets or restarted Enigma2 to ensure you are not viewing the cached bouquet?

adm
14-06-20, 18:57
Have you refreshed your bouquets or restarted Enigma2 to ensure you are not viewing the cached bouquet?

For those who don’t see the option this screenshot (from my ET10000) shows the option. My new box has the same options.

It may be correct that perhaps what was being seen was cached information BUT

In ABM, delete ABM bouquets
Reboot box
In ABM, delete ABM bouquets (again)
In ABM start scan

I’m still seeing
Film 4 + 1
Horror Ch + 1
Sony Classic +1
Sony Movies + 1
Sony Action +1
Tiny Pop +1
Pop Max +1

This list is smaller than what I was originally seeing
The other + 1 channels on Sky FTA are now missing/hidden.

ccs
14-06-20, 19:01
...fair enough, this screenshot (from my ET10000) shows the options...

dsayers
14-06-20, 19:42
For those who don’t see the option this screenshot (from my ET10000) shows the option. My new box has the same options.

It may be correct that perhaps what was being seen was cached information BUT

In ABM, delete ABM bouquets
Reboot box
In ABM, delete ABM bouquets (again)
In ABM start scan

I’m still seeing
Film 4 + 1
Horror Ch + 1
Sony Classic +1
Sony Movies + 1
Sony Action +1
Tiny Pop +1
Pop Max +1

This list is smaller than what I was originally seeing
The other + 1 channels on Sky FTA are now missing/hidden.

Are these channels in the plus 1 bouquet? If not that's probably why as hide section will only hide the selected section not individual channels outside of the bouquet. I think +1 bouquet starts at 203

Maybe delete channels via CustomMix

urie
14-06-20, 19:44
confused talking about sly+1 channels but also showing terrrestrial hide sections.

adm
14-06-20, 20:40
confused talking about sly+1 channels but also showing terrrestrial hide sections.

That's because on my et10000 box I have two terestlal tuners and two satellite tuners. I have both Freeview and Sky (Free to Air) Bouquets. The screenshot is what you get if you have more than one provider. In this case my Freeview hide options are the same as others have posted but in my original post I was refering to Sky FTA as my new new Zgemma H9S box only has one satellite tuner and it was setting this up quickly that I first noticed that +1 channels were still being dispalyed. I only wanted a cheap second box for the bedroom where a I already have a satellite feed but no physical network capability. The Zgemma box has inbuilt wi-fi which seems to work well (once I realised that I needed to first modify the security on my router for it connect for the first time)

I only mentioned the +1 channels being displayed as that's what I noticed. In reality it's not really a problem for me because I tend to completely ignore the "All Channel" bouquet once I've set up a favourites bouquet.

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 20:49
I tend to completely ignore the "All Channel" bouquet once I've set up a favourites bouquet.

So why create it then? You can still "scan" with ABM and not create any bouquets.

ABM works in number ranges. The Plus 1 bouquet refers to channels between 201 -300. I'm sure if you delete others them with a mix file, they won't be "scanned" in. Please double check.

<section number="101">Entertainment</section>
<section number="201">Plus 1</section>
<section number="301">Movies</section>

adm
14-06-20, 20:53
Are these channels in the plus 1 bouquet? If not that's probably why as hide section will only hide the selected section not individual channels outside of the bouquet. I think +1 bouquet starts at 203

Maybe delete channels via CustomMix

I've just done scan with +1 not hidden and with section bouquets.
The channels I listed are not in the +1 bouquet, most of them are in the movies section bouquet. This explains what I am seeing. Only the channels in the +1 section are hidden.

I just need to add a favourites bouquet to my new box and I will not be bothered with the +1 channels again :)

adm
14-06-20, 21:12
dupicate deleted