PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt] HD51 VIX Flash help

mm0506
14-06-20, 12:47
Hi, I have Whooshbuild latest version on my MutantHD51, was trying to flash with openvix-5.3.034.release and getting a message “No partition”. Please help, I want get back to VIX. Thanks.

v8rick
14-06-20, 12:58
try with internal Hdd disconnected

mm0506
14-06-20, 13:01
I will try, Thank you.

ccs
14-06-20, 13:12
try with internal Hdd disconnected

I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 13:27
Option 1
Download the Vix image, do not unzip it. Transfer it to /hdd/images using FTP. You can then flash it using "Flash Online/local". It will be listed in "Downloaded images"
Blue > Software manager > Flash online/local

Option 2
Use Grog's script

wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

See here for Putty guide if required
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

Both the above options will require a HDD/storage device

v8rick
14-06-20, 13:49
I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

My V+ Ultimo 4K wont usb flash with Hard drive connected
never has, Others Duo² solo² no problem

ccs
14-06-20, 13:52
My V+ Ultimo 4K wont usb flash with Hard drive connected

Never heard of that before, mine usb flashes ok, and I'm sure everyone else's does as well.

v8rick
14-06-20, 13:54
I'm sure they do. I like doing clean install every now and again, If i download and flash its great but I tried some crappy thing some build or other and lost everything .
downloaded vix put on usb and when it just stopped it brought back that awful feeling i had when i got Ultimo new fitted hdd and started flash and it stopped, eventually disconnected hdd
and it flashed straight away

mm0506
14-06-20, 15:40
Hi, your Option 1 worked. Thank you very much for your help.

The latest Wooshbuild didn't show the Vix file in the local folder for flashing. So I resort to factory setting which took to core OpenATV image and i was able to see the vix image file among other images backed up previously.

Thanks.