PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] User script folder

alexwilmac
14-06-20, 11:03
Hello, I searched over the Internet about OpenViX user's script folder but I haven't found this info:
-where is it located?
-how can I launch scripts by the GUI?

Thanks.

Willo3092
14-06-20, 11:23
Put the script file in /usr/scripts/ and then either add a cron timer to run at specific intervals or manually from the ViX script Runner.

Menu > Setup > ViX > Script Runner

There was a situation where the script runner and cron timers used different folders, not sure if this has been changed.

One uses /usr/scripts/ and the other /usr/script/

alexwilmac
14-06-20, 12:36
Thanks: I saw there was no /script folder under /usr but as not every images use this path, before creating it I needed to be sure which one the image uses.
The crontabs seems to already exist in the usual path
/etc/cron/crontabs
but there seems to be no GUI tool to create them as in some other image. I need to import my "root" crontimer file. ;)

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 12:41
Create the folder yourself or go into script runner, it creates the folder for you. Blue, ViX, script runner.

alexwilmac
14-06-20, 12:57
Yes, thanks: I set everything, now.

abu baniaz
14-06-20, 13:41
There was a situation where the script runner and cron timers used different folders, not sure if this has been changed.

Both use /usr/script Since November 2018. That is the same folder as other images. Vix's script runner will rename usr/scripts to /usr/script