PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Big PiP issue on Solo4K and Uno4Kse

alexwilmac
14-06-20, 08:12
Hello, this issue started after one of the 4.1.xxx releases, probably the 030, whilst it was not existing in 4.1.023, more or less and still exists in 5.3.034.

It seems, from other forums, it's a vuplus driver issue that treats every VU+ 4K model has they all had an HDMI IN, but it's not so.

What happens is, after 4.1.030 became impossible to set the BIG PiP mode as it should be, in full screen but it shows a PiP in the LEFT top quarter of the screen. Obviously, BIG PiP does not have any "adjustment" possibility.
And this mode is very, very useful to do the job an old plugin did in an excellent way: using AUDIO from a channel while watching to another.

The MIPS VU+ are not affected as they are (not affected) models which have got ad HDMI IN. As a matter of fact, it seems that the driver started using the BIG PIP mode to use the HDMI IN instead of showing at full screen.
And, even if I don't have an HDMI IN, I'd thing you should have a totally different mode to do that, not the BIG PiP one.
So it'd probably more appropriate to have, along with Standard, Cascade, Splitscreen, Side by side and BIG PiP modes, also another one just and only for VU+ boxes with an HDMI IN.

Anyway, surely, the way it is it's a bug and it's a true pity, because I used this mode or "audiopip" (even this plugin is now impossible to use because it surely uses the same faulty driver as BIG PiP does) a lot, when it was possible.

Thanks for your attention.