PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend ET-10000 Issue

giorgoulla99
11-06-20, 20:36
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a used Xtrend ET-10000 which i intend to use for a few months until i purchase a new receiver.

I have had it delivered and just started to set it up but there is an issue with it and i would be happy to hear from anybody who

may know of a solution, if there is one, before i send it back!

As soon as i start to use the remote control in order to scroll through the menu to set it up once i try scrolling left or right or up/down via the arrow keys

the screen turns black and stays black. Nothing is visible at all. After many minutes the menu appears but after selecting a key on the remote the screen turns black again.

Can anybody suggest a solution before i send it back please? Thank you.

twol
11-06-20, 21:00
You have said nothing about the image installed - it could currently just be crashing every time you push a key.
If you haven’t done so, I would flash a new image and see what happens

They are still excellent receivers.

Andy_Hazza
11-06-20, 21:02
What image are you using? Have you tried a different HDMI cable and different HDMI port on your TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giorgoulla99
11-06-20, 22:45
When the receiver arrived was flashed with OpenVix with this issue. I then tried a different image, pur-e2 but the same issue occurs as soon as a key is pressed from within the menu set up. The strange thing is this didn't occur through the initial 'wizard' setting up once an image is flashed.
I tried another HDMI but no change. I have one end connected to the HDMI out at the back of the receiver with the other to the TV, (although it is actually fed through a 3 port HDMI switch which no longer has the other device that used the other HDMI port). Everything is set up exactly the same as it was with the Xtrend 9200 which it has replaced which i have set up again!

giorgoulla99
12-06-20, 15:57
I have been told that the ET-10000 needs a v1.4 HDMI cable.
Do you think this may be the cause of the issue?
I have ordered one and hope to receive it on Monday.

Andy_Hazza
12-06-20, 15:58
HDMI cables are usually backwards compatible so not sure.

adm
12-06-20, 17:05
I have been told that the ET-10000 needs a v1.4 HDMI cable.
Do you think this may be the cause of the issue?
I have ordered one and hope to receive it on Monday.

It only needs to be a higher specification if you are attempting to send too high a data rate down the cable.
You can check this by setting the AV mode to, say. 480i or 760i to reduce the data rate to below that of the most inferior specified HDMI cable. (Menu -> setup -> Audio and Video -> settings -> mode)
If this cures the problem then it's a chance its the HDMI cable BUT during setup the wizard would have sent data down the cable at te rate you selected.

What are your settings for the video mode to and refresh rate? For UK broadcast TV 1080i and 50Hz is the maximum the ET10000 would receive.

giorgoulla99
12-06-20, 19:22
It only needs to be a higher specification if you are attempting to send too high a data rate down the cable.
You can check this by setting the AV mode to, say. 480i or 760i to reduce the data rate to below that of the most inferior specified HDMI cable. (Menu -> setup -> Audio and Video -> settings -> mode)
If this cures the problem then it's a chance its the HDMI cable BUT during setup the wizard would have sent data down the cable at te rate you selected.

What are your settings for the video mode to and refresh rate? For UK broadcast TV 1080i and 50Hz is the maximum the ET10000 would receive.

In the initial 'wizard' set up it was set up as 720p and 50hz.
The wizard set up is fine, i can scroll through all this set up via the remote keys with no issue but as soon as i exit out of the wizard and select menu then select any one of the up/down/left/right keys on the remote to navigate through the menu the screen turns black with what seems to be a very slight flicker as though the resolutuon is changing, and although you can see on the receiver's display where i am navigating through the menu the actual tv display remains black.

ccs
12-06-20, 19:34
Can you access the box using OpenWebif ??

giorgoulla99
12-06-20, 19:39
I haven't tried as i can't see what the new network ip would be for me to enter to get into webif.
I assume it would be different to the network ip when using the 9200.

ccs
12-06-20, 19:50
I haven't tried as i can't see what the new network ip would be for me to enter to get into webif.
I assume it would be different to the network ip when using the 9200.

It probably will be different, but not necessarily. Can you see it on your router?

giorgoulla99
12-06-20, 20:04
i didn't think of that option.
I will try tomorrow and see if i can get access via Openwebif and let you know the outcome.

cactikid
12-06-20, 20:17
You said you have another model,if you go into menu-network and browse your network by a scan if the box has an ip address webif on laptop could be used to view settings.I presume your hdmi is inserted into correct port on BOX as i think there is and an out and might be in wrong one due to bad eyesight.

giorgoulla99
12-06-20, 21:47
You said you have another model,if you go into menu-network and browse your network by a scan if the box has an ip address webif on laptop could be used to view settings.I presume your hdmi is inserted into correct port on BOX as i think there is and an out and might be in wrong one due to bad eyesight.

Yes, it is inserted in the HDMI output port.
I assume the network ip will be different when i change receiver?

adm
12-06-20, 22:28
Yes, it is inserted in the HDMI output port.
I assume the network ip will be different when i change receiver?

It depends on how you have configured your router. I configure mine to assign a specific IP to each MAC address on every connection.

giorgoulla99
14-06-20, 15:43
Had a new HDMI cable delivered last night and just set the receiver up with it only to find nothing's changed, the same problem exists!
As soon as i press any of the up/down/left/right arrow keys on the remote to navigate through the menu the screen turns black and stays black.
Won't be wasting any more time and money so sending it back to the seller.

twol
14-06-20, 18:02
Had a new HDMI cable delivered last night and just set the receiver up with it only to find nothing's changed, the same problem exists!
As soon as i press any of the up/down/left/right arrow keys on the remote to navigate through the menu the screen turns black and stays black.
Won't be wasting any more time and money so sending it back to the seller.

Have you scanned channels and are you actually on a service/channel that works? Also which skin are you using?

cactikid
14-06-20, 20:35
Using the arrow's button you say you have a blank screen so no picture but does that mean channels are black and no menu is shown also or is the menu seen.Presume feeds are setup correctly and box has a network ip.

giorgoulla99
14-06-20, 22:46
No, nothing to do with the actual channels - the entire menu and set up goes black as soon as i select any of the arrow keys on the remote in order to navigate through the menu.
I cannot see anything to set anything up or scan.

cactikid
14-06-20, 22:52
So the question is could hdmi port be faulty,can you try scart leads or phono leads to see if you get a stable picture.
Webif on pc if you have an ip address to also check on.

giorgoulla99
15-06-20, 11:29
The receiver is packaged up and ready for the courier to collect as it's going back to the seller.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-20, 13:28
The receiver is packaged up and ready for the courier to collect as it's going back to the seller.

Don’t blame ya. I was never happy with my ET10K when I had one briefly.

cactikid
15-06-20, 16:37
Don’t blame ya. I was never happy with my ET10K when I had one briefly.

What issues Andy?

giorgoulla99
15-06-20, 20:20
Would love to know what issues you had, from experience of this receiver, Andy.
Need to buy a replacement to my Xtrend 9200 but only one that meets the following criteria:
must have excellent picture quality which the Xtrend 9200 excells in for anything non 4k,
be fast to boot up, fast to operate/channel change/use of plugins etc, large memory and fast
processor, do not want to have the 2 second frozen image between channel changes that i've read
some receivers have, must be able to run the usual softcams, oscam and Cccam and a def must is
stable iptv use. If there are any receivers out there that would suit please kindly let me know as i was looking
for another ET-10000 but maybe that wouldn't be a good idea after all.

twol
15-06-20, 20:52
Would love to know what issues you had, from experience of this receiver, Andy.
Need to buy a replacement to my Xtrend 9200 but only one that meets the following criteria:
must have excellent picture quality which the Xtrend 9200 excells in for anything non 4k,
be fast to boot up, fast to operate/channel change/use of plugins etc, large memory and fast
processor, do not want to have the 2 second frozen image between channel changes that i've read
some receivers have, must be able to run the usual softcams, oscam and Cccam and a def must is
stable iptv use. If there are any receivers out there that would suit please kindly let me know as i was looking
for another ET-10000 but maybe that wouldn't be a good idea after all.

I never had an issue with any of the Xtrend boxes(in fact the ET8500 is my all time favourite), but if you want a non HiSilicon receiver (channel delay is typical) then perhaps the Edision would suit your requirements

ccs
15-06-20, 21:02
I've had an ET10K for over 5 years and can't fault it!