PDA

View Full Version : Search blanking iout search word

adm
09-06-20, 11:39
I'm using Firefox 76.0.1 and when searching the forum the key word I have searched for is blanked out of any posts that I find (see example). It is blanked out in every searched post and in all locations where it occurs.

I assume that the keyword is meant to be highlighted rather than being blanked out as indicated by the end of the URL from a search …….

showthread.php?62963-Boot-Logo&highlight=logo

Is there any way of changing this behaviour? Note: I'm using whatever default skin for the forum is automatically set and whatever default settings it may have come with.

ccs
09-06-20, 13:24
Works ok in IE. :)

gws
09-06-20, 14:04
Works fine for me with FF 70.0.1 64-bit

adm
09-06-20, 15:23
Works fine for me with FF 70.0.1 64-bit

Doesn't work for me in either 64 bit Firefox 70.0.1 or Microsoft Edge. The search word is always balnked out with a blue rectangle in any messages in the search list. To remove the blanking the end of the URL has to be removed for the message being read.

If I revert back to the older forum skin as per the first post in the following link the highlighting works as expected.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62504-New-forum-modern-theme-set-as-default-anyone-who-wants-to-use-the-old-Grey-theme-read-this

ccs
09-06-20, 15:47
Works ok in IE. :)

Maybe I should re-phrase - vB modern doesn't work in microsoft edge, vB default and blue steel are ok.

(Too much messing about with ms feature release 2004.)

Valiant
10-06-20, 11:33
Doesn't work for me in either 64 bit Firefox 70.0.1 or Microsoft Edge. The search word is always balnked out with a blue rectangle in any messages in the search list. To remove the blanking the end of the URL has to be removed for the message being read.

If I revert back to the older forum skin as per the first post in the following link the highlighting works as expected.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62504-New-forum-modern-theme-set-as-default-anyone-who-wants-to-use-the-old-Grey-theme-read-this

Works for me with the old skin --WOS -Blue Steel , highlight is a grey backbround. Also I use Firefox, but I don't think that it is a browser issue, just a skin parameter.

tonyl
10-06-20, 11:37
The search term is invisible using Safari on my Mac, using the default forum scheme. If you highlight the darkened term you can read it, though, useful if you have searched for two different words of similar lengths.

Valinarts
08-08-20, 11:44
I have the same situation.
It doesn't work on my Mac
Thanks for your advice

BrianTheTechieSnail
08-08-20, 16:32
Maybe you can improve the situation by customising the colours in your chosen skin?
Click on 'Profile' (top right)
then click on 'Customise My Profile' (a little further down on the right opposite the tabs)
change colours and click the green 'Save' button.
Cross you fingers and see if it works.

birdman
09-08-20, 01:29
Maybe I should re-phrase - vB modern doesn't work in microsoft edge, vB default and blue steel are ok.I find the same in Firefox79.
One thing you can do is, once on teh page, search for the term in FF (just type ctl-F). Firefox then highlights the text in purple (and the currently found one in green, if "Highlight All" is on) - at least it does for me.
Or switch your skin to WOS Blue Steel....