PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Recordings list

Egros
09-06-20, 10:49
Only just received my equipment and struggling to find information?
In the list of completed recordings, I have found that I can make folders, bookmark them and then make an auto-timer which will put the recording in that folder.
Is there any way I can get the top level, where you can see folders, to show if there is anything in any of the folders?
I can see the names but have to open each folder to find out if there is anything in there.

LbCwby
09-06-20, 18:13
Hi Egros,
I think you mean something like "Properties" when right-clicking a Windows folder.
That is not possible AFAIK.
You can only see what's in a folder by opening it.
Good luck and enjoy your Quad 4K
Hans

dsayers
09-06-20, 18:41
Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1492j21gok9tncp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.14_all.ipk?dl=1

Once installed go into the plugin then blue to update

Initially the plugin is not enabled so you are given the opportunity to enable

just press the right arrow on your remote to enable and you will be presented with the settings page.

The following settings need to be set :

Path to your recordings folder : using the left and right keys on your remote you must select the path where your tv recordings are stored. (I have assumed to certain extent where to get this list from, if your recordings folder isn't included please let me know)

Run every : using your left and right keys on your remote you can select between 15 minutes, half hour, hourly, 3 hours and 6 hours. The more often it runs then the sooner your recordings are sorted into folders but the more times your hdd is going to be accessed.

Remove the text 'New' from recording names : Some programs are labelled with the word New: if it's a new episode not shown before, if you set this to 'Yes' the text 'New:' will be removed.

Keep recordings marked as New separate : this option is not available if you set the above option to yes. If set to yes, episodes labelled with New: before their title are kept separate from recordings of the same program that are not new.

Run while in standby : if you set this to yes then the plugin will run 24/7, if you set to no then the plugin will not run when the box is in standby.

Pressing the RED button will CANCEL your settings.

Pressing the GREEN button will save your settings and start the timer.

Pressing the YELLOW button will save your settings, start the timer and also runs the plugin instantly. using the YELLOW button does NOT effect the timer.

Pressing the BLUE button checks for updates, if there are no updates you will see

and you can just press ok to return to plugin settings. If there is an update you will be asked if you want to install the update and reboot the box.

Selecting no will return you back to the plugin settings, selecting yes will install the new version of the plugin and reboot your box. Please make sure you're not recording when you do this as your recordings will be interupted when rebooting.

Enjoy

Grog68

Egros
09-06-20, 19:01
LbCwby, no not like properties, just something simple like the folder icon would change colour or show a symbol to signify there was something in there.

dsayers, Thanks will try it out and see if it works.

Eric

Willo3092
09-06-20, 21:52
I think Grog's Movie Organisor deletes empty folders anyway.

alexwilmac
14-06-20, 11:10
You may try the plugin EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) which has got an option to show either the # of files in each folder, or the size of them.
I use it launching by a different remote key because this gives me the chance of having two "last path" remembered, one by RecList and a different one, in case, by EMC.
It also offers some more tools to un/select and play different multimedia files by the RecList key itself or to select them all by pressing MENU within a folder.

Egros
15-06-20, 11:00
Liking EMC. Seems to do most of what I need.
The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?

Willo3092
15-06-20, 14:27
The only thing with Grogs, that I didn’t like was that if I made a directory, even if I moved something into it, it deleted the directory and moved the file back to the main list!!! Only worked if I were to put two items into it?

That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.

Egros
15-06-20, 19:24
That's how it's supposed to work, it only creates a directory when there are 2 files with the same title in the list and moves them to the directory.
If you watch and delete files it will move any solo files back to the main list and delete the directory.

Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!

Willo3092
15-06-20, 19:40
Only worked if I were to put two items into it?

The question mark made me think that you thought it was behaving abnormally.
I believe that's how series link works on Sky and Grog has replicated it.

BrianTheTechieSnail
27-06-20, 16:03
Grogs movie organisor will sort recordings into folders. It will only put them into folders if there's more than 1 program with the same name
<snip>
I tried this movie organiser 2.14 (which updated itself to 2.16) in my box (which runs OpenVIX 5.3.035) and it seemed to be a bit of a mess (due to font being too big mainly I think).

It made rather a mess of a few files and then, I think, stopped, or maybe it was waiting for something.

It moved a couple of recordings correctly into a folder it made with the same name, but there were many more with the same name.

But it also renamed several programs in the main folder by adding something like " part 25 (power interrupted)" to the name. But they were complete recordings and hadn't been interrupted.

I'm afraid I gave up and removed it and manually put everything back as it was.
Pity, seemed like an interesting idea.

ccs
27-06-20, 16:11
Tags do a pretty good job sorting recordings, it could do with the odd tweek, but doesn't touch anything, so you can revert back anytime.

Mundosat
11-07-20, 11:41
Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks

... getting there.

ccs
11-07-20, 11:56
Interesting ... what is Tags and how to use?
I mean I know what a Tag is ...

Thanks

... getting there.

A good question, not totally sure of the answer. :)

I reckon long press yellow will get you a "tags" when in the recording list. It gives you "pseudo folders", using the program title as the name of the folder.

You can add your own tags to timers if you want.

"Show all tags" will put you back to the normal recording list.

The reason I wasn't absolutely sure is because I remapped sort in the recording list to tags years ago, so my box looks different.

Mundosat
11-07-20, 12:13
That is OK, I will try Grogs and see what's what.

Then Tags, when I find out exactly how.

Pity such an important section does not exist or it is not part of OpenVix.

... but FIRST I need to mount our new TV cabinet and then tomorrow strip everything out and rebuild connections with 70% less clutter!

aaaaaa - finally!

ccs
11-07-20, 12:16
I'd start with tags, as Grogs make real changes to your recordings list as far as I'm aware. You'd have to undo them manually if you don't like it.

In case you missed my edit, long press yellow in the recording list gets you to tags.

Willo3092
11-07-20, 13:10
I think Grog designed the plugin to replicate the behaviour of the file list on Sky+ receivers:

MOVIE ORGANISOR by Grog68

This plugin will move series of recordings into sub folders, so all of your eastenders recordings will be put into an eastenders folder making them easy to find.
When there is just one recording left in a sub folder that recording will be moved back to the main file list and the folder removed.

slacker17
11-07-20, 14:37
Yes, I realise that and said I dont like it!

I stopped using it for the same reason.

At first I thought it was a good way of organising my recordings into folders rather than having to create them manually before setting the timer. I soon realised the issue of the folder being deleted when there were none or only 1 recording in the folder. It then became annoying with the recordings sometimes being in a folder or listed as a single file.

What I was after was a similar functionality to my old Foxsat where it automatically put recurring recordings into folders by default. It's a shame there isn't an option to do this, but I guess you cannot cater for everyone's needs and wants.

Willo3092
11-07-20, 17:00
If there are always at least 2 recordings in the folder it won't get deleted.

Mundosat
12-07-20, 09:22
I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?

ccs
12-07-20, 09:32
Every body else seems to manage ok. :)

And it isn't difficult to view your hdd over the network.

twol
12-07-20, 09:32
I believe what OpenVix really miss is:

1. External/Internal Drives control Panel [obvious to me]
2. Recording Manager

By the way, tried to install Grogs, it says done, but never installed!

Does not matter, as I see that most wish to get rid of it ...

Will try tags, but this 'lack' of Recordings Control is just a huge lack, I believe.

To me it makes all the good OpenVix is taken 'away'.

Even with OpenWebIf, you have limitations - that could be where we could have HDD and Recordings Control Panels.
Just a guess!

At this point the internal HDD becomes a bother [being internal], as it might be better to have it external, so you can connect to your computer and manually add/organise folders and recordings, but that I also guess might create problems of wake-on-off ... possibly?
1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.

Mundosat
12-07-20, 09:54
1. What exactly do you meanby 1.??? You have Mountmanager installed that controls how the disk is recognised.
2. Again - explain what you think a recording manager does - I am really at a loss as to what you are missing.
3. I have no issues either installing or running with Grogs - works for me.

I do not have any difficulties in viewing anything with OpenWebIf like 'anyone' else - I am merely adding some thoughts.

1. Drives 'managing' is not just mounting/recognising, a Control Panel would let you actually 'Manage' the drive to: Create/Delete/Rename/Copy/Paste/Move folders 'and' files properly, but of course this is just my thoughts.
I saw a Plugin called File Manager, but it is just basic and it is not yet in full screen mode.

2. Recording Manager: similar to the way Grogs works, but 'managed' by the user, including 'setting' automatisms etc.

3. Grogs: I simply installed it, using OpenVix [it did says done] - I did not [and cannot] do anything different when installing.
I am NOT an idiot too. It did not install or so it seems, as I do not see it in Plugins or anywhere else.

Can anyone reply with images/prnt/scr, of Grogss when installed - starting from the point where it is listed before you run it?

Please be kind, I do not understand why I get 'crowded' as soon as I 'personally' find a couple of things that 'in my view' need improving.

Discussing is 'progressing', arguing is 'regressing'.

We are all friends here trying to use a system the best way we can and the way we wish.

Willo3092
12-07-20, 10:28
This is Grog's Movie Organisor running on ViX 5.3.035.

60420 6042260423

Mundosat
12-07-20, 10:35
Thanks

In the meantime I went again to look after last night - did a reboot and Grogs is there!
I also installed Terminal [if/when is needed] on OpenWebIf and it 'finished' installing ONLY after this re-boot.

I just switched Grogs ON, will look at it later on tonight, as I have a new TV cabinet to install after removing a mountain of old cables and devices - only left there to stop cat getting into 'wiring'!

I guess there are some Extensions that need re-booting when they either get stuck - i.e. do not finish installing, etc.
Re-boot seems to always work.

Last night when installed Grog, the whole System was not responding to remote control - even the Front LCD was stuck.
Re-booting fixed it.

Well, a reboot helped!

Willo3092
12-07-20, 10:48
A GUI restart is good practice after installing any plugin really.

Mundosat
16-07-20, 19:57
Yes, I agree.
Did a few recording of 2-3 series and Grog did not put them in folders.
I even used the yellow button to make it sort them now.
Then I created a folder manually, moved files.
Then opened folder, they were not there!
Used file manager and files were there and I moved them back to movie folder.
Deleted all recordings and uninstalled grog, waiting for afew recordings, i. A few days I should see if it works.
Dud reboots and also updated grog before chosing yes, to enabke it.
It is enabled as it also shows green icon.

Lets see what happens.

I tried long press yellow within recordings, nothing happened.
Overall all works but sorting.

Mundosat
18-07-20, 09:51
After deleting all recording and re-installing grog [GUI reboots an all!], I found it did put 'some' recordings in 3 folders, BUT ...
it did create folders based on data/time/etc. and mixed everything up, because it is DATE/Time related - of course, why?

Some are not even in a folder and should be.

I did some manual Folder changes and found there are certain operation things work or not in regarding Create/Rename/Folders etc. and 'especially' MOVE [green] button!
I learned NOT to use it, as 'every' time I do a recording disappear within the created folder, I am guessing there is a folder/file permission' problem in Grog - maybe only related to Gigablue?

I used the MENU button 'instead', to do creation and moving and almost all the time files WERE there where I moved them.
It almost works!

It is just as mentioned at the beginning!
Strange

Also why is there an option to ***/media and ***/media/ on the Organisor Plugin Setup? and what is the difference?
Note the forward slash
I noticed 'some' differences as some recorded programmes disappeared [after GUY reboots] and I also checked the Recording Timers list - each one of them and they ALL use ***/media/!

I am only trying to make Grog work as it would suffice me, then if all fail, I will try the TAG thing, but does TAG only works when GROG is ENABLED - i.e. part of it?

Sorry for being ignorant on this matter... as I am slowly getting 'back' into 'Linux' thinking [it actually is 'different' from Windows in some ways] - I used to play with Linux installations on PCs many years ago.

This is the most important thing on a recorder, auto organising them or it will be a long ,list of nonsense.

I do love the 'liberty' of this receiver - as I am myself, a free-spirit.

PS as mentioned, if I use File Explorer plug-in, I see ALL files, they have NOT disappeared, as I though - Grog does not detects them.

ccs
18-07-20, 10:25
Tags have nothing to do with Grog, they're a simple option in standard ViX.

As I've tons of series recordings still to watch, Tags does everything I want. I've a few permanent folders for "soaps", the rest of the recordings just end up in movie list.

Shame you didn't try that first.

Mundosat
18-07-20, 11:02
Thank for the info.

I believed if Grog worked would suffice my needs = Humax really.
I am guessing it is not that good on this Gigablue receiver then.

I am still using Humax for 'safe' recordings, while still testing - taking ages now!
:confused:

Mundosat
19-07-20, 10:35
I think you are correct, probably the best of solutions and 'we' manage it.

I am also exploring a bit more OpenWebIf [when I can] to learn my way around and now I am connected using Filezilla [I normally use since ever] too and downloading Movie folder etc. - just checking out things and to re-list all recordings ONLY on Movie folder and put it back 'after' I disabled Grog or uninstalled.

Is a Password really needed? [i.e. security ... router ...] - I am a Security Nut!

Andy_Hazza
19-07-20, 10:54
When we move over to 5.4 ViX you will need to set a password when using FTP, it will be mandatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mundosat
19-07-20, 12:30
I did set one earlier

Mundosat
19-07-20, 12:38
I used Filezilla to put all recordings back into the Movie folder - deleted created folders, then rebooted.

Then I uninstalled Grog and rebooted again [just to be safe!].

Another 'strange thing' I thought was Grog's fault is, when/if I create a Folder [series name] and move recordings in there, 'sometimes' the folder is empty and I cannot find the file anywhere!
Never understood why - even after GUI or complete reboot.

I went to FTP and they ARE there [obviously], put them back to Movie folder.

Any idea what is happening? The 'God of Messing up' is against me!!
:confused:

Then if I FTP the same episodes within the created folder [created via remote] and then open Movie folder again - they are NOT there as well!
I put them back into Movie folder and they are visible without GUI reboot!

I like order... , me!!

Problem reading folders? A bug?

ccs
19-07-20, 12:42
When you create a folder, you need to create a bookmark using the GUI to point to it - I'll let you find out how.:)

It's probably one of the most difficult things to work out, so when you have, everything else will be a doddle.

Mundosat
19-07-20, 13:15
I think I remember that .. yes ... I did not think I needed to do it for these folder creation.

OK, that will work then.

Yes, also I understood the Yellow Long Press thing now.

Thanks for your continuous help.

Mundosat
19-07-20, 14:24
Page 51 of OpenVix manual - explains it.

But I just added a Bookmark within the recording list.
Easy too when you know how - already forgot!
hahahahah

I am wondering if a folder created within Filezilla can be I can BOOKMARKED within Filezilla, if you get what I mean.

Far easier.

abu baniaz
19-07-20, 15:02
Easier to issue "init 4" command, in file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2, you will find a list of recordable locations. Edit, save, transfer back, then issue "init 3" to restart enigma2

ccs
19-07-20, 16:12
Page 51 of OpenVix manual - explains it.
Never thought of that, I'd have eventually suggested a forum search which comes up with the answer.

Mundosat
20-07-20, 08:46
Thanks, but at present I am avoiding talking directly to Enigma 2 unless necesary... it is now doing what I need ... and I have just backed it up and also Imaged it.
Anyway, now I believe I almost have all I need - I have just on thing left to solve, but it might be to do with EPG data.

i.e. once in a while ONE series on Auto-Timer setting takes 5 episodes - one of which is all I need - other episodes are older and from different series.

Apart from that, all seems fine now I generally know ho Enigma 2 mind works.

NOTE:
Since I already had quite a few recordings, I used Filezilla to create folders, move files in 1-2 minutes via PC.
Then went to Receiver and added Bookmarks on all Directories I just created.
That too was pretty fast, once you know how to do it.
I mean literally 10s each folder - once inside the bookmark page.
I also rebooted.
Done!

CRMS
11-11-20, 12:14
Bit of a sleep for this thread, so I'll wake it up and I have also mentioned this before. May also be a CrossEPG issue, I'm not sure. The inclusion of radio services with TV services in the same ABM/EPG is brilliant - so belated thanks to the Bletchley Park person who wrote that code.

I agree with Mundosat.

There needs to be a folder mechanism for series recordings. The Sky system of deleting the folder when only one programme is unsatisfactory. An old recording will be lost in the general mish mash of programmes, but in a folder is easy to find. Humax Foxsat keeps the folder until the last programme is deleted.

So, my 2cts.

The first page of the autotimer should include a "Create folder:" option in the list of 5 options currently displayed, with a green tick by default. The Create folder option would also show a folder title, the same name as the "Match title:" option.
Then anything recorded in future with that title is placed in the folder.

Would make life very easy.

ccs
11-11-20, 13:24
Tags work for me, recordings get grouped by title when invoked, simple to use and no need for plugins or extra work to produce a feature which people may not want.

CRMS
11-11-20, 23:53
>to produce a feature which people may not want.
That is a pretty obtuse argument.
When I bought my Foxsat in 2008, I didn't even know that the file system would automatically create folders for series recorded programmes. When I discovered it, I thought brilliant - all the same series grouped together automatically!! KISS.
Anyway, I'll have a look at tagging.

CRMS
12-11-20, 12:06
Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one - So perhaps select sort sequence - Find programme which may be listed as "An_Unknown_Warrior" or "An Unknown Warrior" - Select programme - To return - Long Yellow - All tags. Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??

Folders - Playlist - Scroll to folder which as with Humax are always listed first - Select and pick programme. Left arrow on numeric keypad (No4) acts as a back button to get back to full programme list.

Andy_Hazza
12-11-20, 12:34
Had a look at tagging and it is a pretty cackhanded way of doing something really quite simple.

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one - So perhaps select sort sequence - Find programme which may be listed as "An_Unknown_Warrior" or "An Unknown Warrior" - Select programme - To return - Long Yellow - All tags. Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??

Folders - Playlist - Scroll to folder which as with Humax are always listed first - Select and pick programme. Left arrow on numeric keypad (No4) acts as a back button to get back to full programme list.

Learn to code and do a plugin that will sort your recordings how you want them to be sorted. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
12-11-20, 12:56

Tags - Playlist - Long Yellow - Scroll to find programme which may well not be on page one.

If autotimer creates folders then you'll have the same problem.

Doesn't seem to be a simple back from a list of tagged programmes. Eg All tags is number 1, but trying to use 1 just puts 1 on the screen??

(a) 1 gets you out of the tags list
(b) tags (long yellow or radio) gets you out of the programme tag you've gone into.

Oddly, if you press exit after using option (b), you go back into the tag you've just exited from.

Willo3092
12-11-20, 13:07
I had a hack at Grog's Movie Organisor and took out the bit that moves single recordings back to the file list and deletes the folder.
Seems to work alright for me although I'm no coder.
You're welcome to try it if you want.

CRMS
12-11-20, 23:35
>Learn to code...

As I draw my state pension on Saturday, think the coding bus has well and truly left. I do recall Fortran punch cards, flicking bit switches and Ferranti FM1600s.
Still, I guess it proves the adage - If you want something done, then do it yourself!!

simonc
15-11-20, 12:38
Have to say that I agree that the tagging is a bit user unfriendly. I accidentally activated it a while ago and thought I'd lost half my recordings. It feels like a slightly unfinished feature: the ugly inconsistency of underscore vs whitespace, the way that autotimer has a Tags setting, but for me at least, only lets me set it to None. Worst thing is that if you just chuck everything into a single folder, it takes much longer to open the movielist, which causes user frustration in our house and much animated waving around of the remote (why's it so slow?, the old box was much better! That kind of thing).

We used to have a feature called autofile on the Topfield, which was perfect. If you chose to activate it on a timer (or autotimer) it'd put the recording into a same named folder. It didn't bother deleting the folder when it was empty, it'd just hide them when they were empty.

Another approach, seen on my Panasonic blu-ray/HDD recorder, recordings are grouped by name - not sure if they're actually folders under the hood here - if there's more than one of something, you get a kind of stack icon next to the name, when you press OK on it, it expands to what's effectively a folder.

ccs
15-11-20, 12:44
Changing the autotimer default Include autotimer name in tags to yes sorts out the underscores, at least I don't see them anymore.

There used to be an issue where manual timers and autotimers for the same programme would generate different tags, not sure if this still happens.

abu baniaz
15-11-20, 12:50
Although not directly relevant, I use the "event name" file name composition fo rth recordings. Makes it easier to bulk move/delete files.

Secondly, there was a script uploaded on this forum a few years ago. It did the foldering up automtaically although it didn't cater for the different naming conventions that are possible.
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47276-AutoOrganise-Recorded-Items-Folder-Solution

CRMS
16-11-20, 16:16
OK. Now at 5.4.003.

Had a go installing Movieorganisor 2.14 and got a screen:

Collected errors:
opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package. etc etc.

2.16 installed fine and rounded up all the programmes into folders which is great. But I assume that it will only do that when there are 2 programmes the same??

mitchelln
17-08-21, 16:28
I've just got my Vu+ Duo 4K SE. Amazed it does not organise series into folders out of the box, but hey. I've tried Movie Organiser, but also interested in EMC. However, I seen posts elsewhere that say it causes issues with the 4K SE?

ccs
17-08-21, 16:31
I've just got my Vu+ Duo 4K SE. Amazed it does not organise series into folders out of the box, but hey. I've tried Movie Organiser, but also interested in EMC. However, I seen posts elsewhere that say it causes issues with the 4K SE?

It does, movielist/menu/settings/enable automatic collections

mitchelln
17-08-21, 17:31
It does, movielist/menu/settings/enable automatic collections
Aha! That's great. Thank you.

Limborock2
01-11-22, 20:55
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1492j21gok9tncp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_2.14_all.ipk?dl=1

Pardon the elementary question - but I downloaded the ipk file. Now which folder do I upload the .ipk file to, to execute the "Install local extension" function? (At least I assume that's the correct function to use)?

Willo3092
01-11-22, 20:58
Pardon the elementary question - but I downloaded the ipk file. Now which folder do I upload the .ipk file to, to execute the "Install local extension" function? (At least I assume that's the correct function to use?

copy to /tmp

CRMS
28-01-23, 16:09
Happy New Year.

I've started to use the automatic collections feature which does what it says on the tin. But the sort options doesn't have a "collections first" option. It would be great addition so that collections can be displayed first, or last, then with say other media alphabetically/newest first etc.
Movieorganisor folders are displayed first.