PDA

View Full Version : Picons after upgrade to VIX 2.0

retroaudio
11-02-11, 20:18
Hi,

Hopefully just a quick one...

I had been using Vix 1.4 with my poicons and epg data on usb. After installing Vix 2.0 my picons are no longer displayed. I don't have the 'store picons on' option in the Vix settings menu and if I try to download new picons, it only gives flash or hdd as storage options. The receiver is recognizing the usb stick as I have my active swap file on it.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance, Richard.

Palinkat
11-02-11, 20:46
Is the stick mounted to media\usb?

Stanman
11-02-11, 20:47
You need to go into mount manager and change the mount name of the USB from whatever it is to USB - can do this by left right buttons and than reboot and it will be in the options list.

This gave me plenty of headache yesterday and after Bassetthounds suggestion to remount as USB it worked fine

retroaudio
11-02-11, 21:04
Thanks for the replies Guys,

It is mounted as media/usb as it was on the previous version of Vix.

I have just installed the DMConcinnity skin though and the picons have appeared!

There is still no option to specify the picon location but I guess this skin has found them?

Strange but at least job done!

Cheers!

punisher
11-02-11, 21:06
yeh picons are automatically found in this version whether on usb or hdd

retroaudio
11-02-11, 21:21
I wish I had known that before, still, we live and learn!

Sorry to go off topic but how do I setup the Rytec epg on this box? (I had something before but not sure if that may have been thecrossepg?)

Thanks for your help.

Stanman
11-02-11, 21:24
Not used Ryvix in a long time evern since CrossEPG was set up.

I think if you press blue button>vix and than there is ryvix in the menu list.

Personally if your on 28.2E use CEPG much better. i found with Ryvux description was not always correct and far fewer incidents with CEPG.

punisher
11-02-11, 22:16
yeh ive used both and much more prefer CrossEPG, if you using sly uk then id suggest that, more accurate and far less issues if any. i was getting strange issues with ryvix but crossepg works a breeze

retroaudio
11-02-11, 22:33
Good information Guys, thanks

Things to think about and play with!

Cheers.

judge
11-02-11, 22:43
What providers do you suggest for CrossEPG for the sly channels? XMLTV, OpenTV, XEPGDP and then which option?

punisher
12-02-11, 02:15
i use OpenTV, works pretty well for me

Stanman
12-02-11, 16:14
I also use Opentv and its one of the best, IIRC it uses the actual Slu epg which is transmitted via one of the radio channels.

judge
12-02-11, 23:22
Thanks guys, I'm going to try XMLTV & Rytec UK XML TV for a while as it seems to show 'Season x Eposode x of x' in the EPG titles.
Much handier if auto-recording a series as having a folder of recorded programmes all with the same name is a bit of a pain.