PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] End of playback

GPL
02-06-20, 15:46
Hi, hope you can help me with what should be a fairly simple minor problem;
In menu/setup/recording, playback & time shift/recording & playback, there are two setting to control what happens on playback.
Behaviour when stopped is set to 'return to movie list' which is great.
Behaviour when movie ends is set to 'pause'. I have repeatedly changed this to the same 'return to movie list' and saved (green button), but the next time a movie ends it still pauses and when I check the setting it has returned to the 'pause' option.
How do I get it to stay on my chosen 'return to movie list' setting.

ccs
02-06-20, 15:52
Works ok for me, I've always had both set to 'return to movie list', what version of ViX are you using?

abu baniaz
02-06-20, 15:54
IIRC (if I remember correctly), this is affected by drivers as some receivers do not recognise end of file.

Andy_Hazza
02-06-20, 15:54
When you save do you then do a Restart GUI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianTheTechieSnail
02-06-20, 17:45
I have a similar problem.
Mine will change randomly to "Return to previous service".

I set it to "Return to movie list" and immediately restart GUI.

Then if I go in to to the settings again it usually still says "Return to movie list" but just occasionally (1 time in 20 maybe) it behaves as if some invisible poltergeist changes it to "Return to previous service" a microsecond after I enter that settings screen. It even says "Really close without saving?" if I immediately back out when I see it's set wrong.

As long as I don't accidentally save it with the wrong setting I think it stays set as I want it.

However getting it to stay set to "Return to movie list" does not make it return to movie list when it reaches the end of playback.
It seems kind of random whether it pauses or returns to previous service!

GPL
03-06-20, 13:07
Works ok for me, I've always had both set to 'return to movie list', what version of ViX are you using?

Thanks, I've just checked, it's version 5.2.42 and it seems there is a final 5.2.045 available, but am not sure I want to risk installing it (I'm not very savey with technical stuff, and the instructions seemed a bit complex. I've tried restarting the GUI (don't know what that is/does) as suggested by another kind sole. If that doesn't work I might bite the bullet and download 5.2.45

ccs
03-06-20, 13:14
... if your box is the VU+ Uno4KSE, then it is still supported, and the latest version is 5.3.033

Andy_Hazza
03-06-20, 13:15
5.2 is old. You need to go onto 5.3

GPL
03-06-20, 13:22
When you save do you then do a Restart GUI?

Thanks Andy, I hadn't spotted 'restart GUI' (and don't know what it does), but I had tried doing a re-boot. I have just changed it to 'return to movie list' , saved and then restarted GUI.... let's hope it works.

GPL
04-06-20, 12:04
Hi again all,
Unfortunately the 'restart GUI' didn't solve the problem, it still reverted back to 'pause'. perhaps it's as abu baniaz suggested "IIRC, this is affected by drivers as some receivers do not recognise end of file." (don't know what 'IIRC' stands for).
Anyhoo, since it's not causing a major problem, and I don't fancy doing the update to version is 5.3.033 just yet, I'll live with it until any other problem means I have to do the install.
Thanks again, I'll check back in a few days to see if anyone can throw new light on why this happens. TTFN

Andy_Hazza
04-06-20, 12:57
You are best upgrading to 5.3.033. Simple to do using Image Manager (better known as Couch Flashing). [emoji4]

Not sure why you are petrified of upgrading, it’s sooooo simple via Image Manager and you will be able to restore your settings etc. 5 mins and you’ll be on the latest image.

Joe_90
04-06-20, 14:06
IIRC = If I recall correctly
TTFN = TaTa for now

ccs
04-06-20, 14:29
... if your box is the VU+ Uno4K SE, then it is still supported, and the latest version is 5.3.033
I'd have thought someone with a VU+ Uno4K SE could confirm that "Return to movie list" works 100% of the time (or not).

abu baniaz
04-06-20, 14:52
Thanks, I've just checked, it's version 5.2.42 and it seems there is a final 5.2.045 available, but am not sure I want to risk installing it (I'm not very savey with technical stuff, and the instructions seemed a bit complex. I've tried restarting the GUI (don't know what that is/does) as suggested by another kind sole. If that doesn't work I might bite the bullet and download 5.2.45

See here for video guides on flashing/restoring

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47588-Flashing-Settings-backup-and-Restores/

carpcat
04-06-20, 19:59
I'd have thought someone with a VU+ Uno4K SE could confirm that "Return to movie list" works 100% of the time (or not).

I have the VU UNO 4K SE on 5.3.033 and can confirm that the ‘Return to Movie List’ is set and I’ve never had a problem with the setting changing or misbehaving.

GPL
05-06-20, 17:50
I have the VU UNO 4K SE on 5.3.033 and can confirm that the ‘Return to Movie List’ is set and I’ve never had a problem with the setting changing or misbehaving.

Thanks guys, I've gained enough confidence (and knowledge) to upgrade to 5.3.033, so have just done it and am quietly confident it will work.
I now seem to have another hiccup, it does not seem to recognise my additional tuner 'C' which is plugged into the USB port. It is only listing tuners A & B.
I've tried everything I can think of, including restarting GUI and re-booting but no sign of it. Any thoughts?

abu baniaz
05-06-20, 18:13
Have you installed the drivers for the tuner? Which model of tuner is it?

ccs
05-06-20, 18:14
What usb tuner is it? You may need to download the drivers for it.

SNAP!

GPL
07-06-20, 13:44
I really appreciate this guys. The additional tuner is VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2, which I ordered as an afterthought. I'm fairly sure (but not certain) that when it arrived I simply plugged it in and the box recognised it. Perhaps doing the upgrade, and not doing the yes/no correctly for the 'settings' might have removed it.
I've just had a look through all the settings and cannot see where I can download a driver, again being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

ccs
07-06-20, 14:16
I can see the driver in plugins/download plugins/drivers. If you can't see it there then it's already installed.

Another way to check is plugins/remove plugins/drivers. If you can see it then it's already installed, so don't delete it!

GPL
07-06-20, 17:16
Thanks CCS, and everyone else for lots of learning. I have managed to get the 3rd tuner working as you suggested, I had to download it and thankfully picked the right one. The initial problem with the end of playback is, I think, still a problem. I have just checked and it is still set for 'return to movie list' but last night it was still pausing. I'll see what happens later when I watch some stuff.
As an extra thank you, I'm about to make a donation for the support of this wonderful (but difficult for some) forum. I'll let you know how the 'pause' problem is

GPL
08-06-20, 13:56
Hi again, good news - the 'pause' problem has been sorted, it now returns to the movie list.
I have another query (not a problem). There is a green dot that appears on the front panel display sometimes, in the top left when the machine is on and bottom right when it's in standby. Strange thing is, it's only there some of the time but I can't see any pattern to when it's there/not there. I recon it must be indicating something, but no idea what. Any suggestions?

Willo3092
08-06-20, 14:22
Software update?

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-06-20, 01:38
This is the same in 5.3.034 on my ZGemma H7S.
It keeps changing to "Return to previous service".
How can I get this fixed?

BrianTheTechieSnail
14-06-20, 02:50
This is the same in 5.3.034 on my ZGemma H7S.
It keeps changing to "Return to previous service".
How can I get this fixed?
I should add it still more or less behaves as I described in #5 here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?62947-End-of-playback&p=498668&viewfull=1#post498668
except the setting, if anything, gets mysteriously changed more often than 1 time in 20.

BrianTheTechieSnail
13-07-20, 00:54
I have a similar problem.
Mine will change randomly to "Return to previous service".

I set it to "Return to movie list" and immediately restart GUI.

Then if I go in to to the settings again it usually still says "Return to movie list" but just occasionally (1 time in 20 maybe) it behaves as if some invisible poltergeist changes it to "Return to previous service" a microsecond after I enter that settings screen. It even says "Really close without saving?" if I immediately back out when I see it's set wrong.

As long as I don't accidentally save it with the wrong setting I think it stays set as I want it.

However getting it to stay set to "Return to movie list" does not make it return to movie list when it reaches the end of playback.
It seems kind of random whether it pauses or returns to previous service!

Is this on the list to be fixed one day?
It is not that the drivers can't tell when playback ends because if you manually set the setting as you want it after staring playback it then works fine.
So clearly something just keeps changing the setting for some reason.

ccs
13-07-20, 11:24
I've had play, the default in 5.3.037 is return to movielist at end of movie, it shows that in the gui and does it on playback (with no settings restore).

Whatever I might change the value to (config.usage.on_movie_eof), it shows in the gui, it shows in the settings file, but always returns to movielist.

This, despite gui restarts and reboots, and the value randomly? showing going back to movielist.

I can't see a pattern, but I never see it pause at end of movie.

BrianTheTechieSnail
13-07-20, 18:25
Hmm. Yes it does seem to behave differently in version 5.3.037.
I must do more testing.

ccs
13-07-20, 18:40
Hmm. Yes it does seem to behave differently in version 5.3.037.
I must do more testing.

I doubt it.

I reckon you've got 3 choices.

1) wait for a fix (if there is a problem).

2) reflash and start from scratch - no settings restore.

3) remove any references to config.usage.on_movie_eof found in the file /etc/enigma2/settings

(That involves stopping enigma2 (init 4 command in telnet/putty, downloading the file and editing with notepad++, say, transferring the file back, and init 3 to restart enigma2.)

ccs
13-07-20, 18:55
You might also find that the option "Use individual settings for each directory" could complicate matters even further.:)

micscave
13-09-20, 00:24
I have the same problem on my ULTIMO 4k.

I want to use the option “Return To Previous Service” when a recording has finished.

I fall asleep sometimes whilst watching recordings and so it’s left on the menu for a long time. Over the course of 3 years these menus burnt themselves in to my LG OLED panel.

LG have replaced the TV for a new 2020 model and I want to do everything I can to avoid this happening again so my preference would be to return to previous service.

Once this has been set, green button pressed to save setting and gui restarted , the next time a recording ends it reverts to “Return To To Movie List”.

Strange as it works if you set it to “Return To Previous Service” on the “When Recording Is Stopped” option above it in the list.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be great.

Regards

HeadBanger
13-09-20, 06:50
I am getting the same with my Uno4K SE. I also want it to return to the previously watched service at the end but the setting is seemingly randomly changed.

HB

ccs
13-09-20, 10:09
I'd wait for 5.4.??? and see what happens then. I agree, something doesn't get remembered properly....

I've had play, the default in 5.3.037 is return to movielist at end of movie, it shows that in the gui and does it on playback (with no settings restore).

Whatever I might change the value to (config.usage.on_movie_eof), it shows in the gui, it shows in the settings file, but always returns to movielist.

This, despite gui restarts and reboots, and the value randomly? showing going back to movielist.

I can't see a pattern, but I never see it pause at end of movie.

micscave
13-09-20, 20:36
I’ve tried it on my old ULTIMO too and the same thing happens, can’t remember what build that stopped at but it is on the last available build so looks like it’s not worked for a while If at all ever.

micscave
15-09-20, 14:35
Has anyone ever had this option working on any machine or build of VIX?

Just curious & wonder if it can be fixed?

Regards