PDA

View Full Version : Sorry! How do I manually install a CCCAM.CFG file on VTI on VU+ Duo?

SDOCKER
11-02-11, 18:51
How do I manually install a CCCAM.CFG file on VTI on VU+ Duo?

Been trying various ways only seem to be getting CCCam.channelinfo and CCCam.providers on FTP.

I'm stupid on these matters so laymans advise.

Many thanks and sorry for posting so many Qs.

Sicilian
11-02-11, 18:59
Open Notepad, then do a File > Save as > Save as type to be All Files > Give it the name of CCcam.cfg. Now add you own info and FTP to /etc

Now please be careful where this thread leads.

stecra
11-02-11, 18:59
Hi have a look at this it sorted me out.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

jusaju
11-02-11, 19:25
So your cccam do not have CCcam.cfg file.
Just do it yourself like Sic advised.

Or find a cccam where itīs already inside.

willie
13-02-11, 11:50
hi im kinda in da same boat..been tryin all mornin to install CCcam.cfg to vu duo.iv created the file in word pad,with da exact name CCcam.cfg .inside the file is just m clines nothin else.then iv dragged the file to the var then etc.it says file transfer successful but the comes up as software caused a disconnection.wen i reboot my vuplus ,nothin,,am kinda goin off my trolly here cud any1 please help me..p.s im new to all this computer stuff

Stanman
13-02-11, 14:59
its/etc
not var/etc. if your cam installed properly they should be other ccam files in there

kallestorp
31-07-11, 15:27
Open Notepad, then do a File > Save as > Save as type to be All Files > Give it the name of CCcam.cfg. Now add you own info and FTP to /etc

Now please be careful where this thread leads.

After uppgrading from vix 2.1 till 2.2, I couldn't find my cccam.cfg anymore. As recommended I did an install 'without importing settings'. Basically it was a start from zero. You say ' add your own info': what do you mean?

Larry-G
31-07-11, 15:32
it means that you must enter your own settings and data ( c-line etc ) into the config file, this is a process we can not help you with as it would be a violation of the sites rules to do so.

it is always advisable to keep a copy of your CCcam.cfg file backed up for cases like this.

kallestorp
31-07-11, 16:27
I understand. It's very smart to have a backup, but now I don't have that. CCcam.cfg contains appearently information about my subscription I supose, I don't know.

I still am a proud owner of vuduo, a very pleased user of vix software, a paying customer to Canal Digtal Sweden and I do not share my card with anyone.

So can you give me a clue how to solve this. Do I have to take contact with Canal Digital for this file, or am I excluded for life. Any other suggestions? I don't know how I got cccam.cfg in the first place. I bought a vuduo with openpli installed. When i changed to vix I found a cccam.cfg in the openpli software. I worked on Vix,so great. Never understood the importance of this particular file. Now I do. I cant watch TV. Bullocks.

Larry-G
31-07-11, 16:31
if you are using a official card in your receiver and you just want to use that card in the receiver to watch your subscribed channels we can help you set up your config file to work with your card. if however you receive your channels via use of any other method ( ie cardsharing ) we can not and will not help as it is against the forum rules.

kallestorp
31-07-11, 17:22
I appreciate that.

The situation has changed a little. I installed an empty cccam.cfg, so with notepad. After a while I got back both audio and video are back but I get a error message every five minutes about a softcam check [failure instance: Traceback:<type 'exceptions.IOError'>:[Errno2]No such file or directory:'/etc/CCcam.cfg' followed by a lot of other error messages about bootstrap and python 2.6

If a press ok it's gone for five minutes again

So yes I would appreciate your help

canthackit
01-08-11, 09:43
this error means that your CCcam.cfg file is named wrongly.

make sure it's exactly as i've posted above.

regards: canthackit

kallestorp
01-08-11, 11:24
That did do the trick. Thank you for helping me out with this:)